Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 PM
jimmyz98

I found the most beautiful music in the Universe and it was an awakening in of itself.

I discovered that pi in base 12 when set in the chromatic scale is an amazing melody.

I listened to the melody and the context of each note and phrase and let pi "tell me" what chords fit the melody. There is musical reason contained in the number. I work on it almost every day, translating the number into music.

YouTube - search - 72 digits of pi base 12
Read the whole description.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
jimmyz98

I have already started exploring the music of tau, phi, and e, but they are much harder to turn into music.

The first 16 digits of pi base 12 jumped out at me after only a few plays through. I heard the chord progression to fit it almost right away.

The music of the other constants is a little more elusive.

You may have seen other music based on pi. They used base10 numbers and assigned digits to major/minor scales. If you start with a major or minor scale, anything you produce will sound "correct". You can layer the constant over itself a bunch of times and slap a standard 1,4,5 bass line under it and call it a day. This way, no constant is any more musically special than another. It's like bowling with the bumpers in the gutters.

Interpreting constants in base 12 takes time, patience, and insight.
Old 19-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Gryneos

I stopped listening to "normal" music in 1977 when I discovered public radio!

As a result, it showed me a whole world of music that I would have never known existed prior to the Internet, or if I had relied on commercial stations alone. And when the Internet did come around, I discovered music blogs!

Yes, I love New Age music, too, especially artists from the better labels New Earth Records and Higher Octave Records. However, I can only take so much before my need for variety kicks in and I head to something like soma fm, or rip some more of my music collection to flac for my Z2 player. Or, as happened recently, I guy and download high bitrate MP3's of some old favorite radio theater creations from ZBS, such as the esoteric Jack Flanders

So, no, my awakening has only pushed me to find more and more kinds of music and not narrowing my tastes in the slightest.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Master
I find a lot of music is posturing, and appeals to the ego in you. Some of my mates find the music I listen to a bit depressing, and I can easily understand that, tbh, looking at it from their perspective - but their perspective is clouded by fear, it seems to me, and that fear prompts them to seek escapist music (or TV, or films). But the fear and sorrow is there, though they might try to deny it, and I think it's healthy to explore that fear and sorrow - not to wallow in it or create a tragic narrative, but to really feel it.

I find it cathartic, and not a negative thing at all.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Newbie ;)

I have been and still am a big lover of music, but as the spiritual path has become more important to me, my listening has become more spiritual. I'm not so keen on dissonance and distortion. I prefer uplifting and devotional music. I still listen to a fair bit of pretty main stream artists but often they have a spiritual element:

Yes
Stevie Wonder
George Harrison

They all have overt spirituality, but there are others whose musicality I see as spiritual

Paul McCartney
Brian Wilson
Mozart

Then I also like some straight devotional music like Krishna Das
Old 07-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Knower
I think my awakening has allowed my ego to subside which has allowed me to enjoy a wider variety of music...rock, metal and blues rock are my default tastes and I love them now more than ever...but because my ego has subsided somewhat I'm more open to anything...pop music for example, I can see right through it and hear how shallow and sometimes brainwashing it is...but then again when a good pop song comes along I certainly ain't gonna deny myself the pleasure of enjoying it...I would have before when I was a closed minded metalhead because I had an image and a status to maintain but now I'm awakened on one level I don't care who sings what...good music is good music!

I still can't get into ambient spiritual new age music yet tho...I just youtube'd Jonathan Goldman and I quickly got bored...but I guess I will get into that stuff one day when the time is right...something to look forward to!

Oh yeh, and I loev it when you listen to some of your old favourites and you suddenly realise that they are singing about spirituality and you never knew before because you were closed to it...Dream Theater sing about so much spiritual stuff...one of the greatest bands ever!!!

Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivTucYTzMCE

"Do not swim, float." - Osho
Old 07-12-2013, 05:40 PM
MadamStar

Mainstream music is such garbage these days.. symphonies, sonatas and classical pieces are the way to go ;) I can never turn back.. I've crossed over to the other side.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
I've had this experience too.

I still like music but listen almost exclusively to ambient music/nature sounds. I don't listen to the radio anymore. I only watch commercial free tv programming. All this is a big change from before my awakening.

Me too. Except for Christmas Music, which I adore

If you want a why answer, I believe it is because I have raised my vibration and now the music doesn't sound as harmonious as when I was in a lower vibration, it doesn't resonate with me.

But sometimes I 'll be in my car and turn the music on (rarely) and I'll hear a song from long ago, and it will sing through my soul - so not all of rock and roll is that way. I listened to this one, and it had me in tears - I learned how to channel, and this really feels like what that is

Earth, Wind and fire - Fantasy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFuCQQyOgd4
Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Experiencer

I think that in pure thought there are more references that are relevant and so a BROADER sense of music is gained. Remember music can be fun, and just that. I still listen to the Floyd, but now I also try new things.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 PM
perceval

In some cases, spiritual awakening made me appreciate some old favorites on a new level, like the Beatles, or some old blues standards.

Other than that, it really hasn't changed my musical tastes, except being more Celtic.