Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 15-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Knower
Anyone else less interested in listening to normal music after spiritual awakening?

I am the biggest music fan I know, my entire life that's always been my #1 hobby and interest. Since I was like 7 or 8 I would escape with my mom's records and headphones, tuning out the world. I've been to close to 200 concerts, met many bands, volunteered at a recording studio, I play piano myself, played violin once and guitar once, I have 2 musical related tattooes on my arm. But over the last year I've discovered a different kind of music that is spiritual in nature, and also some of it isn't even music, like singing crystal bowls (like Tibetian bowls), gongs, even listening to guided meditations, etheric music that sounds more like angels singing, the sound of a constant cosmic hum, it's just wierd, I haven't even listened to my normal music in months now, like at all! I am into rock mostly so this is a pretty far cry from rock music LOL A lot of my favorite bands are touring and releasing albums, some I've even bought but haven't even felt like listening to them! This is very strange to me since I was SO into music before. But it's like now all I wanna listen to is this spiritual music.

Anyone else have this experience?
Old 18-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Knower
I'm the same way! I used to listen to a lot of rock n roll and alternative music but this past year I've been listening to mainly meditation videos, classical music, and music that sounds angelic. My tastes have completely changed haha!
Old 19-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Master
For me there was no real change, I love most music and always have.
Old 19-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Teiksma

Some people said me that it will happen to me, but no, no, no I will be always into rock and metal. If I want something more spiritual, I listen to folk.
Old 19-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles235
I'm the same way! I used to listen to a lot of rock n roll and alternative music but this past year I've been listening to mainly meditation videos, classical music, and music that sounds angelic. My tastes have completely changed haha!

Yes, exactly!! I love angelic sounding stuff! Have you heard of Jonathan Goldman? Especially the "songs" called Cosmic Hum and Ultimate Om, they are AMAZING to put you into another state!
Old 19-08-2013, 04:50 PM
livingkarma

No change, still a rock & roller ...
The lyrics in old favorite songs resonate w/me now ...
I knew there was reason I connected w/them on a deep level ...
They were the words I lacked/needed during my darkest hour to describe the depth of my pain, hoplessness & despair ...
I screamed them out discharging grief ...
Now that grief has ended I happily sing these same lyrics w/the awareness of ascension & reminders of how I got to where I am now ...
As Mick says, "You got to roll me ... Tumbling Dice" ...
REO, "I knew it had to happen - felt the tables turnin' - Got me through my darkest hour - Roll w/the changes" ...
Zakk Wylde, "Rain, rain, rain ... Take this hand of sorrow ... Take away my Darkest Days" ...
Old 19-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Knower
I love when rock and roll has deep spiritual lyrics! I can't stand when lyrics are about sex or drinking, it's like, can't you people think of anything original? lol
Old 20-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Teiksma

There are original lyrics about sex and drugs! They are rare, but they exist
Old 20-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Master

I've had this experience too.

I still like music but listen almost exclusively to ambient music/nature sounds. I don't listen to the radio anymore. I only watch commercial free tv programming. All this is a big change from before my awakening.
Old 20-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
I've had this experience too.

I still like music but listen almost exclusively to ambient music/nature sounds. I don't listen to the radio anymore. I only watch commercial free tv programming. All this is a big change from before my awakening.

I don't listen to the radio anymore either, nor do I watch much tv. I get my news from the internet.