Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Master
Reduce fear on death

For the past several year I have met/in conversation online with a few cancer patient / very old bedded people and they talk about their fear facing death .......and I am just explaining to them about Buddhism not about how to find cure ... not on how to get well again but merely what I realized as Buddhism related to their fear .......and so far five of them "smile" or showing some sign of relieve .......one of them even take up hobby again.............and one of them is my father ....and is rewarding seeing my father and them smile......

Perhaps I should do it more often .......It may sound evil , perhaps if I could reduce their fear ... I could ask for some donation after all we all going to die and money is only for the living ..........so what do you think ? Should I start this " service"......?

my email is [email protected]
Old 16-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Master
lol.

Each to their own. So be your own person and do what you enjoy and if you need money to survive why not do something rewarding and helpful.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 16-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
For the past several year I have met/in conversation online with a few cancer patient / very old bedded people and they talk about their fear facing death .......and I am just explaining to them about Buddhism not about how to find cure ... not on how to get well again but merely what I realized as Buddhism related to their fear .......and so far five of them "smile" or showing some sign of relieve .......one of them even take up hobby again.............and one of them is my father ....and is rewarding seeing my father and them smile......

Perhaps I should do it more often .......It may sound evil , perhaps if I could reduce their fear ... I could ask for some donation after all we all going to die and money is only for the living ..........so what do you think ? Should I start this " service"......?

If you can do it for free just as a labour of love for humanity then I would, I never ask for donations when doing for others, I just do what I can and enjoy it but each to their own
Old 16-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you can do it for free just as a labour of love for humanity then I would, I never ask for donations when doing for others, I just do what I can and enjoy it but each to their own

Yeah.....but living cost money......facing death is like taking day off from thinking of money .....and I guess I could spend more hours online with them without going out hunt for money .....so is yes from you ? Is just donation and not a fee ......if only they willing ....it may sound un-pleasent but I need money to survive and for beer too
Old 16-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
lol.

Each to their own. So be your own person and do what you enjoy and if you need money to survive why not do something rewarding and helpful.

So is yes from you ?.....
Old 16-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:

It's entirely your choice CSEe, you do what is right for you. I personally couldn't and wouldn't ask for anything but that is me.

Can I just add, you can live without beer
Old 17-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Master

Quote:

Hi CSEe,

This is my view on this matter.

Asking money for personal spiritual service is not ethical.

Maybe you can ask for money in an indirect way, for instance by writing a book about this subject.
Or you can tell the people being a professional spiritual counseler is your job/living.

p.s.
I, personally, prefer coffee more than beer.
Tea more than coffee.
Fruitjuice more than tea.
And I prefer water more than fruitjuice.
Old 17-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:

Yes why not?

My work title (my creative name for myself) is "Spiritual and emotional healer" (people will read into that what they like of course, its just a name I conjoured up, to wake people up hehehe)and I get paid for this and I don't get paid for this. Where I get paid is because I require to live and support myself and family and I provide a service that supports us while I do what I love to do and help others. Where I give freely is that I don't limit myself to supporting others by just getting paid work. I support anyone that requires my support anywhere where I can and where I find myself. I don't hold myself to limitations of what I can and cant do, what I love and love to do, what I get paid and don't get paid for. I see that the when I let the system dictate to me what I know in my own heart I can be and give more complete on this earth as myself, I hold myself down into ideas of the mind that simply don't sit well with me. I follow my own heart, I give from my whole self and I do what is necessary for all of ME and naturally that is what I reflect of myself into the world.

(by the system, I mean my own limiting beliefs about it all)
(when I hear others say, oh you cant be paid for this kind of work, I simply observe they are in part still tied to the system that dictates some kind of inner authority figure going on in them. (thanks gem)..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yes why not?

My work title (my creative name for myself) is "Spiritual and emotional healer" (people will read into that what they like of course, its just a name I conjoured up, to wake people up hehehe)and I get paid for this and I don't get paid for this. Where I get paid is because I require to live and support myself and family and I provide a service that supports us while I do what I love to do and help others. Where I give freely is that I don't limit myself to supporting others by just getting paid work. I support anyone that requires my support anywhere where I can and where I find myself. I don't hold myself to limitations of what I can and cant do, what I love and love to do, what I get paid and don't get paid for. I see that the when I let the system dictate to me what I know in my own heart I can be and give more complete on this earth as myself, I hold myself down into ideas of the mind that simply don't sit well with me. I follow my own heart, I give from my whole self and I do what is necessary for all of ME and naturally that is what I reflect of myself into the world.

(by the system, I mean my own limiting beliefs about it all)
(when I hear others say, oh you cant be paid for this kind of work, I simply observe they are in part still tied to the system that dictates some kind of inner authority figure going on in them. (thanks gem)..

Recently I have spend hours & hours of my time writing online and Buddhism is something of the mind of me ... nothing else .... with Buddhism it seems explain everything and i am just explaining my current mind to them and so far 5 have indeed feeling ' happier"......my dad in his sick bed ask me many question of life .......and as I explain to him about Buddhism , he stopped and showing sign of relieve ....and that is rewarding to me and I hope to share it with as many people as possible and if their fear reduces and feel that I am the factor......

while...
if they willing to donate some money for my time ... ...is never a fee ... or something I will charge basically is free but if they pay I think is time for me to grab it.... beer becoming more and more expensive these day .......and I need money to support my family also .....I will try to get more feedback before I could really try to turn it into a kind of services ..........
Old 18-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Recently I have spend hours & hours of my time writing online and Buddhism is something of the mind of me ... nothing else .... with Buddhism it seems explain everything and i am just explaining my current mind to them and so far 5 have indeed feeling ' happier"......my dad in his sick bed ask me many question of life .......and as I explain to him about Buddhism , he stopped and showing sign of relieve ....and that is rewarding to me and I hope to share it with as many people as possible and if their fear reduces and feel that I am the factor......

while...
if they willing to donate some money for my time ... ...is never a fee ... or something I will charge basically is free but if they pay I think is time for me to grab it.... beer becoming more and more expensive these day .......and I need money to support my family also .....I will try to get more feedback before I could really try to turn it into a kind of services ..........

I hope your work supports those in need and your father continues to build faith and you help to elevate fears for others.