Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 22-11-2012, 12:22 PM
mystic kate

i think i am going mad.

i really need to vent loads of stuff but mostly i feel i need someone to talk to that is similar to me - so they can give me hints and tips to help me deal with things. during these last few years ive come out with odd things and i dont know where the information has come from but i surpressed it. lately- a few months before my mum died i suddenly turned full on psychic- in the space of one day and ive been like it ever since. it happened because i was talking to someone and they listened to me- so it all came out.
i know i am not mad because all that i predict - always pans out. down to details and events. its a check list i can tick off.

heres what i think is happening. i dont think there is such a thing as "pyschic" i think what happens is its channeling. i think what happens is i go into a "light trance" and then i am influenced to say things.
i think this is what is happening because i dont know what is going to be said until it comes out and then its news to me too.

what i want help is-knowing when to reign in it or not- because i now find myself with NO filters at all and i can ramble. once i start i can keep going and sometimes the way i put things arent very sensetive.i can blunt or even a bit shocking but i know for a fact its not a bad posession- its stuff that simply needs saying

what i want to know is- do i need to say it all? because i am turning into this mystic seer- or witch (I mean that in a good way) who does nothing but predict. does it settle down?

i feel as though i am used because i fit the bill- i have a very bad memory. so i can easily predict and then forget. this means that i dont interefere with the course of events (not that you can anyway)
i also dont have much of an ego- so i dont really care what people think of me and i couldnt care less whether my predictions come true or not- i just spout whatever i see or sense.

do you think i right? that this is a trance and not clairvoyance? and basically i would hust like to hear from like minded folk who are the same really.
i just want to know i am not going mad. but would like a few pointers- some dos and donts?

onviously i wont go up to someone and tell them i think they are going to die soon. LOL
Old 22-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Master

Anytime we get information that doesn't feel like it came from us, I think that is channeling. Channeling has received a lot of bad press over the years, but basically all it means is tuning into source, the other side, whatever you want to call that.

I don't channel the same way, so I can only guess - I know Henri has said his wife channeled that way - she would just start talking as if she was another person.

There are "terms" I guess one could call them, like trance channelers comes to mind, where you are verbally channeling but they "take over" and do the speaking. I actually got a channeling on a bit of this subject - if you like you can go to channeled messages, questions from the universe #2, scroll down a bit, there is a question on how you can determine in a channel is authentic.

I think it must be upsetting to you if you can't control when it happens, which is what I am reading from your post? It just "happens" and then afterwards you go, Oh wow, what just happened?

I imagine that can be upsetting. Maybe there is a feeling you can get that you can associate with, Oh here it comes again, and so prepare whoever you are talking to that spirit has a message for them, kind of like Long Island Medium. She appears not to hold back any messages she gets, but she gives them a heads up first!

Anyway, we are all unique and all do things in our own fashion, so good luck and no you are not mad, it sounds like you have plugged into the spiritual realm to me.

I don't know what the difference is between trance and clairvoyance. There are "labels" everyone is go happy to put on you, but sometimes we don't need to put ourselves in those boxes - just enjoy it and let it be what it will.

If you want some control over it, you can ask the universe for help with that. Since you are connected to them, you can ask for yourself whatever you need to know and get your own answers. One of the benefits.

Of course, sometimes they won't give you a direct answer, either, and you have to find your own answer. :)
Old 24-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Master

mystic kate, that sounds a difficult place to be in and the first thing I would suggest is to really be sure to ground yourself each day. There are a lot of grounding exercises on the web. But channelling is something that should be done in conjunction with you and not over and above you.
Old 24-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Administrator
To myself and my way of thinking is everyone needs to drop the labels you are what you are.you are yourself and you should embrace that.in todays world you are nothing unless you have a title a label. we are all one and what is meant to be will be. to cope with how you feel about yourself and what you do.you need to know how to control it.you need to learn how to open up and to close down.
going to a spiritulist church would help you and they hold circles in which you develop what gifts you have,
i think you would find this to be very helpful to you as well as answer some of your questions as well,

Namaste
Old 24-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Juanita

I agree that finding a Spiritulist Church could be very helpful.....I know that you "must" learn to control this gift as you are just "too" open right now.....all Mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums.....they learn how to control spirit from taking over their lives.....
Old 24-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Henri77

Some children do precisely the same thing.
predictions
seeing spirits
being telepathic
lots more

As others stated, channeling is possibly-probably part of it, but so is spiritual awakening, to your innate abilities.
And psychic awareness is something we all possess to some degree.
When you're tuned in, you can get information from anywhere, anyone, anything, as all life is part of the web of consciousness.

Last edited by Henri77 : 24-11-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 25-11-2012, 02:47 AM
mystic kate

THANKYOU for thinking i am not mad and thankyou for your nuggets of info. i agree i should visit a spiritualist church.

its odd- because i was thinking about it- then i read your posts- and you said the same thing so this confirms it

i dont know why i am reading snippets in the future and where it comes from- i dont know if this comes from me or spirit. looking into the future is like looking into the past. it seems to be the same thing.

the problem is- this is a new found thing. well- actually i believe i have always been like it but lately its gone mad and surfaced- the problem is- i am not only bending my own mind but bending others- i am giving out predictions like confetti and then people are making events fit into the predicitons.

i need to stop bending peoples minds and my own. back in july i told a friend to watch im a celebrity get me out of here and brian conoley is going to have a breakdown- a melt down. the person i told had been suffering themselves so i must have thought this would help . but where do i get this from?

and i would like to settle down now and stop bending my own mind. it starts with a gift and then you start showing off what you can do- and then you go over and over what youove said and peoples reactions to it. and then you try and figure out what gift it actually is and what i am supposed to do with it

maybe its something as simple as an extra sense and its no more cosmic then that. but the amount of mind bending i have done to myself- and to others has got to stop. i always tell the truth- never embellish and if im not totally sure i will say "im not sure if that was imagination"

when i am sure- it really does feel like a flow and the words trickle. thats why i thought it was a light trance.

but im heading to the spiritualist church to get more support and info.

i am happy that TV programs about mediums are on the tv all the time because it makes these things more understood and accepted by people. so when you start going into a light trance you can explain and people will always be interested. i think this is due to the tireless work of tv mediums.

but there is one medium i dont like- and thats psychic sally. if you watch her programs she REALLY puts it on. shes not making it up- but she embellishes for drama- she gets as much drama as possible out of it. for example- if shes got someons dead granny come through- who died of throat cancer- psychic sally will start coughing and go through the same routine of total drama "oh my throat.....oh its awful.....i cant swallow......" and she does this with every person. just be honest about it is what i say- because i am sure the spirit on the other side isnt acting that dramatic EVERY TIME

however she still seems to give messages of comfort and being on a stage can perhaps put a medium under pressure to entertain aswell pass on messages
Old 25-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Henri77

You might enjoy this film. (Tuning In)
6 respected trance channelers interviewed and at work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHW5aTTOX1w

They're all pretty much full trance channelers, and that's probably not where you're headed,
but it's pretty cool and informative.
Old 25-11-2012, 04:23 AM
mystic kate

thanks Henri- i have found this video very interesting and the channelers extremely credible. i have tried to find some videos on you tube but have found videos that are extremely dodgy and hard to believe. i always use my own judgment and if i want to throw something out as bogus i will do. but i liked all of these chanellers- ive never seen it done before and i found it interesting that they had their eyes closed.
Old 25-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Henri77

Several are quite "famous" , respected.
And it's interesting to hear their personal stories.

This thread discusses, names mediums who don't go into trance. With some good links
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=42862

and this is a great informal interview with medium John Edward
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYzaW...feature=relmfu