Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 07:32 PM
simyboye

Thoughts or spiritual guidance

Hi there. Love and light to you all.
Hope your all well and having fun?

I wonder if someone can shed some light please.

It's a little difficult to discribe, but I'll have a go!

Day to day life is full of decisions and directions in which we do, however I feel like I have a guidance. Does this make sense? Or am I having a mindfa*t?
If I have guidance, then it wont always be in the right way will it because life is about making mistakes... and successing too!

I still haven't or at least made good soild contact with my guide (but will i ever?), however things have been different in the last 10 or so days.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you so very much
James x
Old 11-05-2007, 03:00 PM
StephenK

>>I still haven't or at least made good soild contact with my guide (but will i ever?),
>>however things have been different in the last 10 or so days.

Hi James,

I'm beginning to revamp my whole understanding of what a "guide" is. Like most I've
assumed that a guide is someone "outside" of ourselves, giving advice and direction
as to how best to proceed. But when you think about it, this approach actually pulls us
away from a direct dialogue with our inner natures. There's the assumption that we can't find
our own way, and that someone else needs to come in and provide direction and motivation.

I'm currently reading a -great- book called "The Jesus Mysteries; Was the "original Jesus"
A Pagan God?" by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy. It goes a great deal into the established
religious philosophies of an earlier age, pre-christian, in which this subject was dealt with quite
extensively.

<snip>

The Gnostic sage Silvanus encourages:
"Knock on yourself as upon a door and walk upon yourself as on a straight road. For if you walk
on the road, it is impossible for you to go astray. Open the door to yourself so that you may
know what is."

But what is the self? The Pagan sages taught that every human being has a mortal lower self
called the "eidolon" and an immortal Higher Self called the "Daemon". The eidonlon is the embodied
self, the physical body, and personality. The Daemon is the Spirit, the true self, which is each persons
spiritual connection to God. The Mysteries were designed to help initiates realize that the eidolon is a
false self and that their true identity is the immortal Daemon.

From the eidolon's point of view the Daemon appears to be an independent Guardian Angel. Initiates
who still identify with the eidolon, therefore, do not experience the Daemon as their own true Self, but
as a -->spirit guide <--- (emphasis mine) whose job it is to lead them to their spiritual destination.
Plato teaches, " We should think of the most authoritative part of the soul as a Guardian Spirit given
by God which lifts us to our heavenly home".

------ end quote ------

It seems that the religions of old had given this issue some great attention. They concluded that
the onus was placed back on ourselves. That what "appeared" to be "outside" was actually our own
inner voice, emerging from a so-much-better-perspective, that it seems to come across as a separate
entity.

Now with this in mind, I don't think it boils down to the events as simple as finding parking spaces,
or for guidance as to what to wear to work that day. But as to the big stuff, the things that our lives
pivot-on, when it comes to the rich exposure to what's possible... that guiding voice that we're looking
for most likely is our own.

I can live with that...! :^)

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Pounamu

I think there's much truth in what you say, StephenK... our Souls know us better than any other being; the inner voice within the heart is the place to refer to if one sincerely needs advice. For those who find tuning in to the "Still small voice within" difficult at this stage of their journey, we are all provided with spiritual mentors who have committed themselves to assist us through our lives' decision-making - again, if we will tune in and listen. So I believe. There's a wealth of help available if we will only ask... God our Creator does not want us to have a hard time of it, and will never punish us for making mistakes; however if we do make mistakes in our decision-making, we do have to wear the consequences, as that is how the Universe has been set up for our education!
Old 13-05-2007, 02:28 PM
StephenK

>>>> our Souls know us better than any other being

Amen....

<snip>

.....the "most beautiful and largest mirror image of my own person".

I understood exactly what he was referring to! I've brushed the face of
God 3 times in this incarnation. But I've never done so directly. This would
simply be impossible... and still be able to sit here and talk about it. Two of
these times were very intense, the third was most fascinating and instructional.

One of the intense times was an encounter with this "mirror image" of self.

There are dreams and then there are Dreams. This meeting occurred one
morning around 4 am, when I was 21 years of age. I was asleep... when I was
nudged awake within this slumber... as I "awoke" I did so to an image of
pure light within a foot of my face, watched it smiling, and clearly, intuitively,
instantly, understood it to be -me-.

It was said by a sage named Epictetus: "You are a fragment torn from God.
You have a portion of him within you."

But something happens when we "encounter" this fragment. It's not just a
visual thing. With an encounter comes "knowing". We confront an inner
window as to our source. For our egos this encounter is almost unbearable!
This information runs deep, we share of the energy that supports our very being,
information which directly contradicts most all the assumptions that our "physical self"
leans against... has come to rely on.

A "direct" connection with self, even though for a moment, "directly" validates
that: "every thing we know, is not as it seems"... but does so not simply as
a "concept", we experience the unavoidable "fact" that this is indeed the case.

This meeting only took place for a few moments. I "gasped" myself awake.
I sat up quickly in bed as though I had just encountered a 220 volt electrical charge.
I laid there for a few minuted in great fear and Awe. And though it was 4 in the morning I
went out for a two to three hour walk. I had to walk, I needed motion, I need to
see traffic, to see buildings, trees, to feel my own body as it initiated the sequential
set of directives of placing one foot in front of the other in order to walk. I needed
to re-bond with my "physical" reality.

I firmly accept that we do have an inner guide. That guide is ourselves. It
whispers it's suggestions just out of ear-shot. But should we hope to actually
meet this most-personal-guide, I can attest that it's not child's play.

One doesn't get away with touching the all-knowing without learning a little
more than we may want to.....

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Closed Thread