Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 31-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Seeker
Scary meditation moments!

I am new to meditation (like really new - I still struggle to turn my mind off) and had a strange experience, I don't know whether this was because I was home alone and it was late so my mind decided to go to a dark place or something else.

I found that I was getting more and more relaxed, more so than I have before when meditating which was great but then towards the end I suddenly felt very uneasy and nervous. It was like someone was watching me and I could feel a dark and unfriendly presence right in front of me.

I think perhaps it was a case of I got distracted from my meditation (perhaps by one of my cats moving about near me!) and so I came back into reality in a weird way.

Just thought I would ask if anyone else ever experienced something like it or if it had nothing to do with the meditation. It was only the other day so I haven't had the chance to meditate since to see what happens - also I am no longer at home alone so might feel more at ease next time!!

x
Old 31-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Master
It is not important. You will see many things or even hear things when meditating. It is purification. Just ignore the scenery and continue the practice. It is the practice which will improve your life not chasing after the scenery.

Good luck!
Old 31-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Master
It's good to connect with, even be a part of, a high-vibration group - ideally one whose members practice meditation together. Even if the practice that the others in the group do is slightly or quite different from your own.

In the areas of the world where meditation has traditionally been practiced (e.g., India, Tibet, China, Japan), meditation has often been practiced in high-vibration groups. Particularly valuable when one is just starting on his/her meditation practice.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colourmyworld
I am new to meditation (like really new - I still struggle to turn my mind off) and had a strange experience, I don't know whether this was because I was home alone and it was late so my mind decided to go to a dark place or something else.

I found that I was getting more and more relaxed, more so than I have before when meditating which was great but then towards the end I suddenly felt very uneasy and nervous. It was like someone was watching me and I could feel a dark and unfriendly presence right in front of me.

I think perhaps it was a case of I got distracted from my meditation (perhaps by one of my cats moving about near me!) and so I came back into reality in a weird way.

Just thought I would ask if anyone else ever experienced something like it or if it had nothing to do with the meditation. It was only the other day so I haven't had the chance to meditate since to see what happens - also I am no longer at home alone so might feel more at ease next time!!

x

Hi Colourmyworld,

If I could ask, what method of practice ru doing?

It's pretty common for people to experience nervousness or unease resulting from meditation. In my experience with other meditation students, almost everyone encounters something a bit fearful or upsetting like that, and I've seen some severe ones which are hard to navigate. The general rule of thumb is just be there while it passes in its own good time, as all things do... but that's really just an overview of things that are more intricate in detail.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Knower
Colourmyworld
I could have written that very same posts that you just did. The only difference is I normally meditate at home alone and everything is very lovely and peaceful when I meditate. However, last week I meditated at my office and I had the lights off and towards the end of a 20 minute meditation I felt like I could have literally reached out and touched someone/something? right in front of me. I love to be surrounded by loving energies around me but this just didn't make me feel so well. I have been reluctant to meditate there again. Anyway, I really don't have any answers but just wanted to answer your question....Yes, I have experienced it also.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 AM
Master

There could well of been a dark presence there, always protect yourself before doing meditation. Surround yourself with divine light and say a protection prayer to whatever you believe in.

As we grow, we open ourselves up to new experiences we havent had before. Meditation can open someone up to experiencing other dimensions or planes.
Old 14-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Guide
positive energy and negative energy both exist in this world. The trick is to accept the positive while letting the negative pass. When I was a child I used to be scared of the dark which stopped when I hit my teen years. At 24 yrs old I got into meditation and that same negative fear came back. I got rid of it by praying to a higher power of positive energy for protection and used Epsom salts and sage to get rid of the energy. I will never forget the sensational vibrational energy I felt after praying (my digital clock started flickering a lot which it does sometimes but not to that degree). Since then I feel like I have power over that fear and it no longer affects me. The negative energies will always be around. Learning to focus on the positive while ignoring the negative is the trick
Old 16-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Knower
I normally pray before I do readings but Im going to use the advice that sea dove and The Backseat gave prior to my meditations in the future. My experience really freaked me out.
Old 16-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Could be one of two things. A negative entity, or your own shadow (rejected soul fragments of yourself which wander the lower astral realm).