Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-08-2023, 03:36 AM
Master
Can you imagine not having the Star Trek movies and series?

The original Star Trek really got it wrong on future computers and cell phones.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-08-2023, 03:39 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Can you imagine not having the Star Trek movies and series?

The original Star Trek really got it wrong on future computers and cell phones.

IVe never seen the original Star Trek series. How did they portray computers and cellphones??? I remember reading an article and they said one type of material called ALON came into reality a several years ago? And ALON was from Star Trek. It’s like a transparent glass but its really tough…I heard it can even resist a .50 cal bullet.
Old 23-08-2023, 03:50 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

But how long before this all becomes a means of social control? Criticise the government and suddenly you can no longer buy a plane ticket or your chip will be declined at the supermarket checkout. The system of social credits in China is heading this way, although it is still early days.

There are those who would like to see such a system in place, naturally with themselves in charge of it all. It may seem far-fetched now, but the world we currently live in would have seemed equally far-fetched when I was a child.

Peace

Iamthat while I agree these chips can be quite intrusive, especially in china where they install a chip inside your forehead so you can buy and sell stuff(some ppl call this the mark of the beast in the Bible), I don’t think majority of the people will actually agree with installing chips inside your mind and body…it just seems so….barbaric lol. Plus, most modern day humans are liberalists so the chances of government intervening is very slim I think.
Old 23-08-2023, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray=out
I don’t think majority of the people will actually agree with installing chips inside your mind and body…it just seems so….barbaric lol. Plus, most modern day humans are liberalists so the chances of government intervening is very slim I think.
I agree that installing chips inside the body is barbaric and unnatural. It is also unnecessary as was pointed out in the original post in this thread. But humans embrace many things which might be considered barbaric and unnatural.

I have to question the statement that most modern day humans are liberalists with a slim chance of government intervention. All it takes is a perceived threat and all liberal ideals go out of the window, as people seek security. Fear overrides common sense, and public panic can bring out the worst in people.

The Covid pandemic was a depressing example of this. Create a climate of fear and people will surrender their personal liberties. Those who question the official narrative will be ridiculed and vilified.
I do not share your faith in the intelligent liberalism of humanity.

Peace
Old 25-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Master
One day we will evolve to have powers.. the soul is immortal- that’s the next stage in immortality to progress with teleportation,flying, etc these movies give us hope for humanity and our future: that we ain’t just reincarnation and death and without power. That we are in fact powerful beings..

But you’ve made up your mind. So nothing I say will sway you.. I disagree but bygone and all that.. imo

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 25-08-2023, 06:11 PM
Master
but then........
we might already have 'super powers' ...... but might not know it.

Lately I have been getting e-mails from a group from the UK that does firewalks. I did my first firewalk with them several years ago. It appears they have expanded their programs to include more things a person can experience.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-08-2023, 12:07 AM
Experiencer

They want people to believe that technology is the way and the solution to humanity's problems. And that is understandable, because if all that I have to offer is strawberry juice, then it is good for me that you believe that strawberry juice is the best thing for you to drink. As far as I'm concerned, the great master didn't teach his followers how to build rockets to reach heaven.

Technology does make life more comfortable, but these are merely human creations. There are other things that don't belong to humans, and are not supposed to be bought and sold. I'm sure the powers that be would prefer to destroy this planet in a nuclear war than to have these things available to the people.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.