Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Learning Chakra Cleansing and meditation, any advice?

Hi all and good day to you :) I've been learning meditation for about a month now, it's only in the last week that I've been following a guided meditation for clearing and healing chakras. I've been using Chakra Healing: Guided Meditation and Creative Visualization mp3, since I'm new to this, I would like any advice on starting out, it would be much appreciated.

In particular, safe practices, and how do you know if it's working? Daft question I know, one day I felt a bit queasy, and grounding/protection can make me feel a bit light-headed. I do ask for guidance from higher powers to send me what is right and true for me, to remind myself to have patience and that learning will take as long as it needs to :) And to not let my ego or any preconceptions get way (that's a constant battle!), I've seen things during this cleansing as well, would it be a good idea to take notes of my experiences?

Thank you again for any help and advice
Old 23-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Master

grounding shouldnt make a person feel lightheaded (it rather usually makes lightheaded people feel better). How did you try to ground yourself?
Old 23-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Newbie ;)

By imagining roots coming out of my feet and into the ground, the guided meditation recommends imagining a white cord/light coming down through you into those roots, then imagining it slowly fading away. Thank you for responding :)
Old 24-08-2016, 05:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropanther7
By imagining roots coming out of my feet and into the ground, the guided meditation recommends imagining a white cord/light coming down through you into those roots, then imagining it slowly fading away. Thank you for responding :)

umm interesting. I wonder why it had that reaction on you.

Quote:
In particular, safe practices

choose a nice environment to do things like this in.

Note taking is really up to you. Some did like to record their experiences, over the years Ive written many down and were glad I do so I could many years later reanalyse things which happened. With a few things I know now werent what I had thought back then.
Old 24-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for the reply sea-dove :) Yeah I'm wondering why as well, I also have a hard time visualising colours, and I think I recall I read somewhere else that medication can interfere with things (I'm on Venlafaxine, twice a day, for generalised anxiety disorder).
Old 25-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Newbie ;)

If possible, practice with a group of people or with a live person guiding you either in front of you or on phone or other online connection. This will be much more beneficial than using the mp3. You can try meditating with a person 1-2 days a week and use mp3 the other days. This will help you build up.

I really appreciate your efforts in this direction. It requires self-discipline and a lot of self-control to be able to set up a time and meditate using a pre-recorded audio. I am saying this because I have been through it.
Old 26-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for the advice Vitality, I will definitely see about looking into practising with someone else :) Yeah I had some help in the discipline area :P I'd been meditating on a daily basis for six weeks for my hypnosis therapy, that helped a great deal
Old 28-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Master

Quote:
How do you know if its working?

If you can feel energy its possible to actually be able to feel the energy coming off of the chakras and their size etc. If you are doing a good meditation with them they will over time expand and their energy will be clearer. You may also find things about yourself or life improving.

If you want to learn more about chakras and clearing them and are wanting to actually learn to feel things like this. I do suggest to find a good teacher.

You can look up "Pranic healing" as was taught by Master Choa Kok Sui, they usually do free 2 hr introductory session if you want to see if that learning may be for you and you'd get to do a twin hearts meditation session at that (which is a really good meditation to help clean chakras and for spiritual growth).

He's also got some great books which have been published right around the world, which has a lot of info on chakras eg one called Pranic Healing , so you may be able to find one in your library or get one cheap online if your lucky though for me I got heaps out of studying this with a teacher and sharing experiences with class mates, a book just cant replace the experiences you get under a teacher in a class.

They teach some of the most advance info on chakras etc and teach it in most places around the world.

Seeing you are getting dizziness with your current practices. You could also try doing exercise before you do your meditation session to see if that stops this.
Old 28-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Knower
the app Insight Timer might help you along your journey. It is really neat
Old 02-09-2016, 04:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
If you can feel energy its possible to actually be able to feel the energy coming off of the chakras and their size etc. If you are doing a good meditation with them they will over time expand and their energy will be clearer. You may also find things about yourself or life improving.

If you want to learn more about chakras and clearing them and are wanting to actually learn to feel things like this. I do suggest to find a good teacher.

You can look up "Pranic healing" as was taught by Master Choa Kok Sui, they usually do free 2 hr introductory session if you want to see if that learning may be for you and you'd get to do a twin hearts meditation session at that (which is a really good meditation to help clean chakras and for spiritual growth).

He's also got some great books which have been published right around the world, which has a lot of info on chakras eg one called Pranic Healing , so you may be able to find one in your library or get one cheap online if your lucky though for me I got heaps out of studying this with a teacher and sharing experiences with class mates, a book just cant replace the experiences you get under a teacher in a class.

They teach some of the most advance info on chakras etc and teach it in most places around the world.

Seeing you are getting dizziness with your current practices. You could also try doing exercise before you do your meditation session to see if that stops this.

Thank you again for your help and advice :) Yeah I will have to look further afield for classes than my home town, I'm from the Uk and it feels like there's a severe lack of teaching (only places seem to be Reading and London). Think I'm going to ring them and ask their advice, where there's a will there's a way! :)

Thank you for the suggestion Rakoontay :)