Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Iamlight

Problems with Meditation (Any Pointers)

Ive always been able to go and meditate quite well until lately, and the problem is I relax my body and before i get to the end of the relaxation itself I simply just Fall asleep tried to keep my mind active but getting frustrated now because i just wake hours later with nothing more than a feeling of being totally rested even tried the meditation just after waking and still just fall into a sleep instead. anyone any ideas.
Old 23-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Master
Maybe this is because you are trying to meditate close to bedtime?

Try at a time when you are normally fully awake?

Or maybe your body needs the sleep/rest more than it needs meditating.

Old 25-01-2011, 12:44 AM
A.J.M

Do you eat before meditating? That may add to the drowsiness. I usually meditate about 2 hours after dinner and an hour before going to bed.
Old 25-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Master
You're not meditating lying down, are you?

Just had to ask. I know some people do it because it's more relaxing to them, but at the same time, lying down is a signal for your body to fall asleep!

But if not, then I agree with Silvergirl. Maybe this is a time when your body needs the rest? After all, you said you used to do it well... has something in your life changed to wear you down a bit more?

Old 25-01-2011, 04:27 AM
MYFIGO

I always meditate lying down and it doesn't seem to make any difference whether it is night time or daytime. I have noticed though that whatever I am focused (or interested in) at the time seems to have an effect on my meditation.

For instance when I focused on learning Tarot cards to improve my psychic experiences.. that is what I experienced.

And when I focused on learning how to AP, that is what I experienced.

Neither of these things was to the degree or intensity of the meditations (and was disappointing) that I was doing previously which was related to healing. I received a visit from a power animal that suggested I needed to focus on my healing and after that lesson, I did and my experiences improved again.

Is it possible in this case that your attention has been diverted to something else? Or perhaps as was suggested, your body needs sleep.
Old 25-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Master
Maybe soon after you waken
Old 25-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Master
Have you thought to try an active form of meditation such as a walking meditation? I have a hard time sitting still (I have restless leg syndrome) and have had good results meditating while I walk or work. Good luck, I can't imagine being stuck without being able to meditate.

With Love,
athribiristan
Old 25-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Iamlight

Well I thank yyou all for your advice but i did figure out my problem with it
Seem I got Lazy and did not Keep my mind active during relaxation i got spoiled so to speak thought i could just skip that and then couldnt figure out what i was doing wrong and again thanks for your help.