Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 27-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Newbie ;)

How to trust and connect with people as an empath/psychic?

Hi guys,

So without going into too much detail I am 26 years old and I've come to realize that I am an empath and also have experienced many other esp and supernatural phenomena frequently over the course of my life. Anyway, although I do consider my abilities a rare and wonderful gift in some ways I've also been struggling to come to terms with some of the other aspects of it.

As I have get older my abilities appear to get stronger and with that I find it difficult at times to really connect with people. As a typical empath I need alot of time on my own to recharge as it can be very overwhelming being around people and being drained of my own energy all the time. Needless to say I have a very social side that loves to go out and spend time with friends and family so I'm not anti-social per se. I'm pretty confidant in that I can strike up a convo with almost anyone and can find common ground with most people.

The other issue of being very intuituve is that I've always had an innate ability to really read people for who they truly are and know things about people that I rightfully should not. It is not something I have conscious control over at this point but I find that there are times when I just know when people are lying, feeling sad, cheating, pregnant, going to die, find a new job etc. and it has turned out to be true.

But I feel like because I can read people so well it is hard to trust people because I know when people are not being genuine. Its like I just know a person's true reasoning behind certain behavior even when they are not even consciously aware of it them self. Secondly, people don't always like or are ready for the things that you tell them about things you see in their life. I've had to learn to keep my mouth closed in regards to other people's affairs even though I literally know the outcome of certain situations even when the said person insists on me telling them.

I guess I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there who have the same abilities and how you have gone about maintaining strong relationships with people and how do you protect yourself as an empath?
Old 28-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Master
Hello,

My understanding is that when you can manage your own thought process, you can regulate your emotions. This may require an elevated perception of others as divine beings working with energy. Not an easy accomplish is a society where we often judge one another harshly.

Instead of protecting yourself from another's energy, you seek to appreciate them more and their circumstances. What you internalize from them is then seen as your learning experiences. A completely different point of view like this will elevate your experiences as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 29-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Very wise post, John. I'm personally weary of BOTH empaths/psychics who don't know how to do what you are describing. It's their talent, imo it's up to them to take responsibility for it. Perhaps someday I'll find out what it's like to be in their shoes. I'm only aware of having thought broadcasted three times in my life, all were proven to me by others who were the receivers, but I suppose if it's peeked out it must really be there. I think I'm more on the psychic end rather than the empath end though, because as I heal and my thinking faculty develops I sense some latent/doormat energy trying to rise. I also have latent clairvoyance which operates in my sleep and other gifts along those lines also, and I figure if I was going to be an empath I would know about it by now.

No offense OP for anything I have said btw, I admire you for you taking responsibility and seeking guidance, and I understand it must be a lot to sort out when you can feel/interact at such deep levels. You obviously have developed really great ethics and are perhaps quite a bit different from some of the others I have encountered. I'm just venting.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 02-08-2016, 04:57 AM
Suspended
Guide
That's a pretty cool ability, I wonder what you'd make of me if you met me.

Most regular people think I'm bad, but empaths seem to like me.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Master

As a healer if I fee other people's negative emotions and it stays with me for a while after and does not leave then it means I have not worked out the same issue. I work on it and then it clears. The next time I am not affected.
Old 15-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Master
Everybody has different abilities and talents and it isn't easy to navigate. It takes a lifetime, because once you open the door you can't shut it and the learning and growth never stops. It isn't easy.

One person might have an 'easy' ability that requires very little skill and sustenance. Plenty of people work with love and light and they experience joy and fulfillment from their gift. Others don't have it so easy and they might work with darkness and despair. Their job might be to relieve the suffering of others and they might have to take on their demons and fight the battles.
They might not like it and they might whine and complain, because after each challenge is completed, another lies in wait.

The trials are not uncomfortable because the person is a whiner who doesn't know what they are doing. They uncomfortable because of the nature of the 'gift'.

The OP is a young woman and her gifts are developing. She is working with them but it isn't easy. She comes here to ask a question and the subject of the weariness of reading about whining psychics comes up. Why?

I personally do not have the same abilities as the OP. A little bit but not that much. I don't know if someone is going to die, or if they are lying, sometimes but that is not important usually. I get to know what I need to know and that is very little. I do get to know what I need to do. Those are totally different things. I am more about guidance and action, and what words to say, and what kind of help the person might need and I provide it when necessary.

Being empathic and psychic is very isolating at times. It can be disturbing to know too much, things that aren't your business and things that you don't need to know, and can do nothing about. The point is what is the point of knowing something that is not helpful? Maybe it is for your own education as you grow and learn how to best use your abilities, the understanding of human nature is extremely valuable. Things do change. How they are now, will evolve in some way and this is part of the learning process.

No, you are not expected to master your gifts at your young age. You are expected to work with them and develop strategies that serve you and others. Blocking and shielding is one skill that takes time to master and first you have to realize the reason why you need to take those steps. You want to live a life that is as normal as possible and still be effective and helpful to yourself and others. Especially to yourself. We are not obligated to serve others, but we are given 'gifts' for a reason. There is a purpose.

Most people do not ask for these abilities. They are given for a reason. Many people never make it past kindergarten.
Old 15-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Experiencer

If they are not genuine, I typically will treat them like the child that they are. Feigning interest, allowing them to ramble on, amusing themselves while I listen politely.
Old 28-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Lokee,

I understand everything that you have said in your post.
I too take, or try too, take time out away from those that you are surrounded with and that is usually not by choice, surrounded by I mean, not the time out.
When I sometimes meet new people I know who and what they are by knowing facial and hair features. Some people all fall into the same categories.
Probably not what you asking about, but that's my thing and I'm surprised about the many people who fall into to these four or five categories.
Stay strong and be true.
Always believe in you.
Blessed be