Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Creator

Good books

Anyone read any of the Seth books? The Seth material, Seth speaks by Jane Roberts. There
Old 18-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Master
Hey creator,
I`ve not but i will check out amazon and see if they still stock them.
Great I dea to start this thread, I have always found solace in books, they help keep my mind in the right place. I met a guy called geoff thompson once, an ex bouncer, who has turned his life around, won a bafta a couple of years back and he writes scores of books about martial arts and coping with fear etc., During aseminar he was giving to a group of top martial artists, he stopped training and got every one to sit down and he walked around pointing to his temple for a moment, then he said `This eats,(pointing to the brain) it eats and digests and like with any other form of food whjat you put in affects what comes out, so if you read the ****** papers or watch junk films thats what your feeding yourself, thtas the outlook you are creating, the knowledge your gathering. My advice is to start reading good stuff, things that will challenge and grow you, watch films that inspire you`.
That littlle speech had a quite an impact on me. So here is my top current reading list, there are tons of others but these are the crucial spiritual ones.
1) Answers 1 and 2 by mother meera
2)the bhgavad Gita
3) the uddhava Gita
4) The longest journey (or pilgrimage I`m not sure which ) by J.G. Bennett
5) The great Swan By Lex hixson( I think the authors name is right)
6) The peaceful warrior by Dan Millman
7) Mutant message from down under. Cant remeber the authors name
8) Autobiography of a yogi by swami yogananda
and so many others but these are probably my favourite, Sorry I am a little unspecific on some, but I`m at work and can`t get to the bboks
Old 18-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Master
Hey creator,
I`ve not but i will check out amazon and see if they still stock them.
Great I dea to start this thread, I have always found solace in books, they help keep my mind in the right place. I met a guy called geoff thompson once, an ex bouncer, who has turned his life around, won a bafta a couple of years back and he writes scores of books about martial arts and coping with fear etc., During aseminar he was giving to a group of top martial artists, he stopped training and got every one to sit down and he walked around pointing to his temple for a moment, then he said `This eats,(pointing to the brain) it eats and digests and like with any other form of food whjat you put in affects what comes out, so if you read the ****** papers or watch junk films thats what your feeding yourself, thtas the outlook you are creating, the knowledge your gathering. My advice is to start reading good stuff, things that will challenge and grow you, watch films that inspire you`.
That littlle speech had a quite an impact on me. So here is my top current reading list, there are tons of others but these are the crucial spiritual ones.
1) Answers 1 and 2 by mother meera
2)the bhgavad Gita
3) the uddhava Gita
4) The longest journey (or pilgrimage I`m not sure which ) by J.G. Bennett
5) The great Swan By Lex hixson( I think the authors name is right)
6) The peaceful warrior by Dan Millman
7) Mutant message from down under. Cant remeber the authors name
8) Autobiography of a yogi by swami yogananda
and so many others but these are probably my favourite, Sorry I am a little unspecific on some, but I`m at work and can`t get to the bboks
Old 25-05-2006, 09:18 AM
DASA

The Bhagavad Gita is a book, a literature, which very systematically explains the nature of Consciousness. What is the difference between a living body and a dead body? Not material chemicals. The difference is that one is conscious and one is unconscious. That consciousness is you. We are not these bodies. This is the basic principle of every transcendental philosophy although we are living our lives day after day after day, although we are these bodies; that are great illusion. But who am I? You may know history, you may know mathematics, you may know computer technology. You may know all sorts of athletics, but do you know who is it that
Old 25-05-2006, 10:51 AM
dreamer

I've heard about a good book recently that Noel Edmunds has been banging on about called something like "ask the universe for anything
Old 25-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Master
the 1972 shoot annual was a classic, its one i left out of my list above, but the roy of rovers story is truly inspirational. lol, gouranga and IJWMS
Old 25-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Creator

Hey Peteyzen,

I
Old 25-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Creator

[quote=dreamer]I've heard about a good book recently that Noel Edmunds has been banging on about called something like "ask the universe for anything
Old 26-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Master
Hi dreamer, glad you like the books, yes conversations with god are a good read as is a course in miracles, enjoyed them all.
Closed Thread