Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Seeker

As within so without? Always? What do You think?

So...I’ve been on the spiritual path for good couple of years now. Hence my question in the title of the post. When someone once asked Osho criticizing his luxorious lifestyle he supposebly said something that richness of your inner life, should be mirrored by the richness, wealth of your physical one. I don’t say whether I believe it or not. Whichever it is either way I’m happy and feel blessed for the spiritual part of my life. But I always wondered whether he was right with this one, or is it just that being a guru to many for a while at some point he lost his marbles heh...so what do You think guys? As within, so without? Or thats not always the case. What’s Your take on that?
Old 23-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Master

Your soul's level of evolvement isn't reflected in the physical life's recognized values. Social position, wealth, "spirituality", even character and personality, are irrelevant for that.

Being poor isn't more likely to be more evolved, and being more evolved won't make you rich (Osho's reply was probably made in spite).

I know of no signs exhibited by a human that could be an indication that they are evolved.

Only you can know it about yourself. You can choose to share that information, or not. It doesn't matter because you have no way to convince others, although it would be to their advantage, and it is inconsequential to your further evolvement.
Old 24-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Master

unfortunately for the rich, if you have riches it seriously messes up your inner world. To the point where you can't have the 'desirable' one under any circumstances. The poor have less of a 'burden' and so the inner world doesn't get as messed up.

The basic gist of it is if you can tell others what to do you will, but to get the best inner worlds you have to be doing things for yourself rather than proclaiming about what others should do all the time.

This is one of the things Jesus was trying to say in parables like the one about it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven. And when he told that guy that if he wanted the kingdom he should give his riches to the poor and follow, but the guy didn't listen?

Anyway I'm not quite poor, but I often think that something simpler than having to endlessly deal with the status quo would be much desirable. This does seem a bit more than I really want. All because I have a little money.

And the natural world *seems* more alluring than cities, at least to me. If it weren't for the fact I would have to be alone I might be tempted to spend more time there... But that is the rub, isn't it? None of us cares to be divorced from the others. So we all live in spiritual squalor yet call ourselves rich.
Old 24-09-2018, 02:19 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
unfortunately for the rich, if you have riches it seriously messes up your inner world. To the point where you can't have the 'desirable' one under any circumstances. The poor have less of a 'burden' and so the inner world doesn't get as messed up.

The basic gist of it is if you can tell others what to do you will, but to get the best inner worlds you have to be doing things for yourself rather than proclaiming about what others should do all the time.

This is one of the things Jesus was trying to say in parables like the one about it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven. And when he told that guy that if he wanted the kingdom he should give his riches to the poor and follow, but the guy didn't listen?

Anyway I'm not quite poor, but I often think that something simpler than having to endlessly deal with the status quo would be much desirable. This does seem a bit more than I really want. All because I have a little money.

And the natural world *seems* more alluring than cities, at least to me. If it weren't for the fact I would have to be alone I might be tempted to spend more time there... But that is the rub, isn't it? None of us cares to be divorced from the others. So we all live in spiritual squalor yet call ourselves rich.

Right? I totally agree!!! I mean...it might think it would be nice to have a little more in my pocket...but then again on the other hand I’m aware that I’m conditioned to think this way. Besides my inner life is all of the riches I ever wanted. And experiencing oneness time and time again through more or less significant synchronicities keeps reminding me that we’re part of something much much bigger than the eye can see.