Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-05-2012, 05:29 AM
earthatic

I think you might be right. Most interpretations of spirituality are indeed vague at best, but the thing is that the other interpretations do not counter this one the same way this one counters the others. Given this interpretation, one might see it to be too difficult to get details of how it works without putting oneself in serious danger - but the general idea is as specific as it needs to be. Most of the ideas can be considered self evident. Even if not true, it is extremely broad and leaves almost no unanswered questions at the end - for me at least...which is the reason why I started this thread.
I'm less concerned with what it's good and evil aspects are, but rather why it does this in the first place.
Old 21-05-2012, 05:38 AM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Can Philip Goddard prove any of that? If not, then the unproven theory of 'my guide told me'....is just as valid.

A theory is an unproven idea or speculation. In medical or scientific fields, however, a theory is a tested and provable...

With this theory in mind, it would not be just as valid because that is the point of the issue.

How do you find out if a person is lying or not? If you were to ask the person if they are lying and they responded "no", is that valid proof?

If you take a step back, it is not about proving anything, but about finding reasons why it would be false.
Old 21-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Bluegreen

The physical realm is one of duality where things can be both good and bad depending on the use made of them. Fire, for example, provides warmth in winter but it can also burn down the house.

Quote:
If "God" is Absolute, Infinite, and the Universal Root of all and everything in Nature and its universe, whence comes Evil or D'Evil if not from the same "Golden Womb" of the absolute? Thus we are forced either to accept the emanation of good and evil...as offshoots from the same trunk of the Tree of Being, or to resign ourselves to the absurdity of believing in two eternal Absolutes!

Demon est Deus inversus:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/the/sd/sd1-2-11.htm
Old 21-05-2012, 12:04 PM
siddique the mystical

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Yes, God and Satan are both the same force. One is the side of creation one is the side of destruction. Two sides of the same coin. Which one is good and which one is bad is dependent on how you look at the coin.

One is seen as divine and one is seen as the physical self. Claimed to be two different things and never one and the same. If one looks hard enough you will find them both together.

totally wrong. WE CALL THIS BLASPHEMY.

god is the supreme creator. he created humans, angels and jinn.
angels have no free will, they obey god.
jinn and humans have free will. so they make mistakes.

the fathe r of jinn, satan, didn t bow to adam. so hewas cursed. him and whoever follows him will go to hell.

the jinn whisper to you and try to make your physical overpower your spiritual.

donot equate satan with god. it is the baddest thing you can do.

god is and will be.

satam is just his creation. who was rebellious.

its ultimately our test on earth. to fight satans whispers, turn from the earthly to the spiritual, and seek god.
Old 21-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Mind's Eye

I had written a post here a long time ago on this subject entitled, "Is Satan The God Of Christianity?" In that post I ask the question you did in your opening thread ie; if God knew Satan was going to cause so much destruction, why did he follow through with creating him? And since he did follow through with that creation, does that make God the creator of evil and sin, and even worthy to be cast onto his own lake of fire? After all, it said that God hates evil and sin, yet he created it... The Bible says there is no darkness or sin in God, yet that statement would be false if God had the notion of creating a wicked being like Satan before mankind ever existed. And therefore, God should be subjected to the same judgement and damnation as mortal man for creating such a being as Satan and then subjecting and judging his whole creation according to it sinister ways.

The conclusion I am coming to about all this is as follows; The Bible and its spirituality comes from the same basic place as the religion of Islam; and both of these religions are full of anger, wrath and destruction. The reason being for this, I believe, is that man will always reflect his own attributes onto his concept of the divine: Therefore, the god of the ancient Middle East is a slaughtering, war making being that will basically butcher ever non-believer in him and then give the earth to his humble followers. Where would such an idea come from you ask? Probably from the same minds that went on killing fests and murdered hosts of people in the name of their God long ago and took over their lands. It was the first crusades..

Hence we see man's barbaric nature reflected in his god as he tries to create a higher loving being in the sky in his own flawed image. We see this flaw when Moses is given the Ten Commandments that say, "THOU SHALT NOT KILL." And then god turns around and tells Moses and the Jewish people to go into the surrounding lands and utterly destroy and kill all of its inhabitants.. and even to dash their infants against the stones.... What happened to thou shalt not kill???? I suppose that commandment was valid only if you killed a fellow believer in the tribal god, but everyone else was fair game?

So in answer to the question, are God and Satan the same being? No, absolutely not.... But you can see how someone might reach that conclusion by trying to wrap there mind around the actions and words of the ancient Middle Eastern god's and there very contradicting ways. Jehovah and Allah are very angry and violent gods, created by a very war oriented people of the past.... and some of them are still waging holy wars on the world and killing in the name of their god. Why would anyone want to subscribe to the idea of either one of them?
Old 21-05-2012, 01:26 PM
siddique the mystical

god is not angry or violent. he is perfect.

he is just.

forgiving and just at thesame time... not barbarism.

in the olden days god/allah/jehovah... the same god that is and will be... sent calamities upon sinners to punish them. lots people, the homosexuals were killed with a calamity from heavan. brimstone i think.

the torah, was the first scripture where man was commanded to defend himself via warfare if needed. king david, sulaiman...

leaders of the state have armies

most prophets didnt own cities, or states, they were spiritual leaders only, not temporal.

dawood, sulaiman and muhammad were different, they were spiritual and temporal leaders. therefore spiritual and temporal guides. so warfare in the temporal, earthly realm was one of there duties to protect the state.

previously state affairs were in the hands of the king. spiritual affairs in the hands of the prophet.

when a king prophet-messenger emerges. like dawood sulaiman and muhhamad.

earthly societal situations need to be handled. so protecting the poeple and defence. ans attack if if others aggress against you becomes part of the religious constitution..
Old 21-05-2012, 01:28 PM
siddique the mystical

mercy and justice live together.

if you are a spiritual and temporal leader, you will have to partake in earthly tasks, like marriage, warfare, buildings, construction etc...

john and jesus were not kings. they were spiritual leaders only.
when jesus returns he will be a king and prophet.
Old 21-05-2012, 01:29 PM
siddique the mystical

it is god that created man , not man that created god.
Old 21-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddique the mystical
if you are a spiritual and temporal leader, you will have to partake in earthly tasks, like marriage, warfare, buildings, construction etc...

Yep, and I suppose marching into someone's land and smashing a new born baby against a rock is part of those tasks. Oh yes, I see now, if someone worships a different god or does not bend to your tribes way of believing, we run them through with the sword and even slaughter their new born infants. Earthly tasks.... it all makes perfect sense to me now.

In fact I don't see why we don't infiltrate our neighbor's homes and put them to the sword if they have a different belief system than us. Then we can take over his property and say that it was the will of God and they he has blessed us with more land for having the right religion. I feel quite foolish that I have left this all important job out of my daily list of earthly tasks. By cracky, I've been quite the blind fool haven't I?
Old 21-05-2012, 05:14 PM
sesheta

Yeah, sorry...I read through the first article until my head started to hurt!!! Can't make it all the way through.....
But I will say that I believe that "God" and "Satan" can indeed be the same 'force'.
I am a Witch, so have never followed any type of Christian path...
Yes - I think that both good & evil have to exist in the universe. Absolutely everything has to be in balance:
Good/evil
Light/darkness
Happiness/Sadness

If there is no counter-balance, then everything starts to break down. A great example is when they remove a predator (like a wolf) from a natural environment. They think it must be removed, because it causes too much destruction, and is dangerous. So they remove it...then after a while they notice that everything else is spiralling out of control....the other animals that the wolf would have kept in check, now over-populate, and cause their own damage (example deer). The sudden influx of these creatures creates a shortage of vegetation and foliage, since that is what they eat. The destruction of the vegatation and foliage creates more soil erosion, and so on and so on....the ripple effect.

Good vs. evil....yet one cannot truly exist without the other.....