Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Oh you naughty boy
This how Buddhist Monks deal with this habit, visualise the body rotting in the grave, think of the body that is made up of skin, blood, pus, phelgm, saliva, urine and excrement, that should be enough to put you off :

If you stop and really think about the physical bodies of all sentient beings they are not worth cherishing.

FAAAAAAAR worse than that come and have look round our local town...

That should sort you out.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Master
Thats Ok ,Ive been hot as hell all my life ,but Ive never truly loved myself ,I know alot of the way Ive dressed has been to compensate for my childhood traversities,I dress down these days ,you do get sick of people staring and to say my husband is a jealous man is an understatment, it was an easy way to get attention ,my Dad wasnt so nice to me in some ways and Ive been looking for approval ever since , its taken this illness now where I cant work out ,and Im not getting my beauty sleep to realise that I just need to God Damn Love Myself., that im so much more than how i look, that im worthy of being loved in so many ways ,oh to have been a child of the 60s 70s and 80s crazy times, but all is forgiven ,breaking patterns will happen eventually one way or another ,,blessings too my friend,,,,,
Old 12-08-2015, 11:29 PM
Guide
"My Dad is a horrible flirt. He genuinely loves women, loves looking at them and flirting with them. Years ago a mutual friend of my Mom and Dad's once chastised him for doing so in front of my mother. My mother laughed and replied. "He's married, not dead." and then she added. "I'm not worried either." My Dad smiled, then kissed my Mom on top of her head, a rare public gesture of affection for him. "

Nice story Raven.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Master
Really David F its that sort of mentality towards women, that is just so wrong of course the women in your town dont have feelings or dreams or problems ,just a piece of meat to judge ,good on ya mate
Old 13-08-2015, 02:53 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
This is a GREAT observation and point for me to realize - I cannot kill such leanings, period. There is a level of acceptance and freedom in knowing, and ACCEPTING that - I think that's what I need to work on, is the acceptance of that fact.

Thanks for the valuable insight - very helpful

Many Blessings...

Qkev

Oh I am so glad!

Sometimes I think to myself, what would it be like to be God. One you love comes to you crying, asking why they were made broken. Assuming we are broken. FEELING broken. He must stand their and blink. Wondering why we are so sure we are made wrong. We are not. We are made beautiful. You are a Ferrari with a teen who doesn't know how to drive and can only cry the whole thing doesn't work right because it doesn't feel like your normal legs.

You are getting used to being human. Cut lots of slack for yourself. And instead of asking how to fix ask instead why it makes sense this way.

I have a friend who is a medicine man in the Lakota Souix Nation. He told me a great story that sums this up. He told me about a woman who would come to ceremony. And everyone is given a chance to give the medicine man thier prayers. He said he always was a little sad when she showed up because she would go on and on taking up really to much time to be respectful of a large group of people like that. She would pray for the grass and the trees and the land, and what do the spirits say to him?

(worried tone) What's wrong with the grass?

Hahaha
Old 13-08-2015, 06:50 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
Hi celest.

I'm not upset at all. I had no idea that was a "fake" Buddha quote...? I still love it though, so instead of removing it from my signature line, I'm just going to take away the attribution to the Buddha, that's all

As far as karma goes, I honestly don't think any bad karma would come our way considering the truth and beauty of this quote. I'm sure the Buddha would approve of its content entirely! Lol

Many Blessings...

Qkev

Oh no Kev, no approvement from Buddha to many 'you' and 'yours' thats one of the ways to know its fake. Never mind anyway, just a bit of banter, hope your pain is decreasing...