Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Sundialed

Hot Power Yoga

Major mistake one: playing hockey 3 hours before for one hour.
Major mistake two: eating one hour before.
Major mistake three: practicing right beside the heat.

I.got.my.***.handed.to.me.

I had to leave the class and I am in considerably good shape. As soon as we did the first move I knew I was doomed. I thought I could handle it because this one lady, who I knew was seasoned but... she said she did kickboxing before so I figured well sure I can play hockey. The class is an hour long and I barely made it 20 minutes. All of the ladies in there made this man look weak. I have a new respect. It will still be quite the workout even if I make the necessary preparations. All I have to say is WOW. Don't be discouraged but man I am not going to try that for another two weeks.

Mama Mia.
Old 25-11-2011, 09:21 PM
ORCHIDEA

LOL, I believe you! Hot Yoga is challenging. If you are not used to heat (by living in the South), it can get really ugly for you. And a MAJOR no no is eating right before a class...You get sick like that even at a normal non-hot yoga class.
Don't get discouraged though! Next time, prepare yourself better and you'll have a great time! :)
I do hot yoga on Fridays in winter...after skiing, but I take at least 4 hours to rest my body before I go to yoga.
Old 25-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORCHIDEA
LOL, I believe you! Hot Yoga is challenging. If you are not used to heat (by living in the South), it can get really ugly for you. And a MAJOR no no is eating right before a class...You get sick like that even at a normal non-hot yoga class.
Don't get discouraged though! Next time, prepare yourself better and you'll have a great time! :)
I do hot yoga on Fridays in winter...after skiing, but I take at least 4 hours to rest my body before I go to yoga.

oh ya the regular classes i do more then every other day but this power yoga was ridic