Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Guide
Smile What happen in the year you were born?

I found this website on Pointlesssites.com
I thought it would be another boring
"What happen in the year you were born?"
thing where they list 10 or so events.
But this was interesting.
It tells you what the world was like when you came into this world.

http://whathappenedinmybirthyear.com/
Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I had to wait awhile...(1908)

Quote:
What happened in

In 1908, the world was a different place.

There was no Google yet. Or Yahoo. Or Spiritualforums, for that matter.
Remember, that was before there were DVDs. Heck, even before there was VHS. People were indeed watching movies in the cinema, and not downloading them online. Imagine the packed seats, the laughter, the excitement, the novelty. And mostly all of that without 3D computer effects.

In 1908... A long-distance radio message is sent from the Eiffel Tower for the first time. The first around-the-world car race, the 1908 New York to Paris Race, begins. Japanese immigration to the U.S.A. is forbidden. The Summer Olympics begin in London. After an intense power struggle, Sultan Abd al-Aziz IV of Morocco is deposed, and is succeeded by his brother Abd al-Hafiz.

That was the world you were born into. Since then, you and others have changed it.

The Nobel prize for Literature that year went to Rudolf Christoph Eucken. The Nobel Peace prize went to Klas Pontus Arnoldson and Fredrik Bajer. The Nobel prize for physics went to Gabriel Lippmann from France for his method of reproducing colours photographically based on the phenomenon of interference. The sensation this created was big. But it didn't stop the planets from spinning, on and on, year by year. Years in which you would grow bigger, older, smarter, and, if you were lucky, sometimes wiser. Years in which you also lost some things. Possessions got misplaced. Memories faded. Friends parted ways. The best friends, you tried to hold on. This is what counts in life, isn't it?

The 1900s were indeed a special decade. The Naughts see end of the Second Boer War. The Russo-Japanese War establishes the Empire of Japan as a world power. The home phonograph becomes widely popular. The first Zeppelin flight occurs. The first electric typewriter is invented. The nickel-alkaline storage battery sees the light of day. The Geiger Counter, measuring radioactivity, is invented by Hans Geiger.

There's a kid outside, shouting, playing. It doesn't care about time. It doesn't know about time. It shouts and it plays and thinks time is forever. You were once that kid.

Progress, year after year. Do you wonder where the world is heading towards? The technology available today would have blown your mind in 1908. Do you know what was invented in the year you were born? Cellophane. The Geiger Counter. The Gyrocompass.
It's 2010.

The world is a different place.

What path have you taken?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Summerland

That was really unexpected, Lovely. Thanks for posting it. A great gift!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
That was really unexpected, Lovely. Thanks for posting it. A great gift!

Your welcome.
Glad you enjoyed it
Old 06-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Knower
very cool thanks for sharing.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Carly74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
You're saying you are 102 years old? You were born in 1908? Hardly.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Guide
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien

So your 102 years old?
Kudos on being able to use the internet at all.
My moms only 50 and can't do it lol
Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Royalite

So I was born in 91 and I liked it! I didn't know silence of the lambs won all of that stuffedy stuff! I like that movie though. Creeped the hell out of me in the past. "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again" LOL! My friends and I use to joke about all the time when we were ashy.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:30 PM
Bambo

The first thing it said when I looked up my year was

"In 1968, the world was a different place"

It sure was.... A MUCHO BETTER PLACE!!
Old 06-08-2022, 07:06 PM
Master
Ugh will the site it says the Jurassic park movie came out in 1993. That explains my disdain for the movie trilogies, I find them underwhelming and boring. The last two I saw at the movie theaters was back in 2016 'Jurassic world' because one of my ex friends at the time wanted to go see it . the other time was recently I saw the new one but me and my mom went and took her clients because she has an Adult family home.