Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Mariposa

Talking The main reason why I came across this site,

is to talk about religion in a calm setting and this place seems perfect. I am not religious, but I also am not here to complain about religion either. I honestly want to rebuild my faith that I feel was stolen from me as a kid. But everytime I try to reconnect myself with the idea of God, a lot of anger comes with it, and instead of breaking that tension up, I go back to ignoring it.
I am very excited to have come across this site, especially since so much more is on here than spirituality, and religion.
I am hoping to gain knowledge from others religions and experiences as well
Thank you.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Master
The only true so called religion is your own inner Realization, as long as we follow someone else's version of what religions means to them, we will never know of the truth that is within our own inner SELF, call this inner SELF, the Christ, the Buddha, or whatever name you feel like, it doesn't matter, the label is never what IS.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Master

Well, you are definately in the right place! Enjoy exploring and sharing.

Most of the threads I visit are the, I guess you could call them, ex-religious, maybe ex-Christian would be more appropriate, as these religions don't usualy have classes on mediumship or channeling and talking to angels and spirit guides :).

There is nothing wrong with Christianity in itself. My problem with it is when it is taken to extremes, or the Bible read literally when it is a document written thousands of years ago by people from that generation. And then taken as gospel today. It is inclusive and exclusive and basically a modern day rule book - you can do this, you can't do that. And the Church made up the rules as they went.

As more and more people explore their own spirituality and what that means to them is where the rubber meets the road for me, because the religions really don't allow too much of that. Free thinking is really not allowed. Free speech, frowned upon. Gay relationships, belittled and ridiculed.

To me, some of the religions of today have not kept up with what is going on in the world, and are based on beliefs that no longer apply (if they ever did) to mankind.

Original sin, guilt, the devil (can you tell I was raised Catholic?) were sticks that the pious reigned down upon the non-believers to get them to believe.

Since God, nor Jesus, wrote the original Bible, everything in it is subject to debate. One translation of a document changes immensely the original intent of the document. Two or three translations later, and you get people inserting ideas that were never there.

I believe everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, including the Bible. I say whatever brings you closer to God (or whoever that is to you) is a good thing.

But it is not heresay to state that I don't believe in the Bible. That is just my growth and expansion as a human being allowing me to say that without guilt. I believe in other things, just not in that Book. I've never been called to read it, havng had it read to me for so many years from the pulpit, it lost it's appeal.

When my parents were excommunicated for getting a divorce, yet they had to bring their children to church every week and sit in the parking lot because they were nolonger allowed to go inside the church, thats really incredible when you think about it. I was not told this until many years later, after I had left the church.

I had a 90 year old priest tell me, at Engaged Encounter (where you have to go before you can get married) that I was not ready to get married - he had never talked to me before, in fact I had yet to utter a sentence before he made that annoucement to the entire class.

So, I am also connected to God, I am trying to come to a place where I welcome all peoples of every religion into my life and loving them as people and not focusing on what religion they might be and what bias they might have because of it, and I am apparently not quite there yet :)

It's strange, because I see the Catholic religion as being beautiful for some people (I have relatives that are devote and that is how they get to God and that is a beautiful thing to see) but for me, its just I don't believe in it anymore and its okay.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Mariposa

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The only true so called religion is your own inner Realization, as long as we follow someone else's version of what religions means to them, we will never know of the truth that is within our own inner SELF, call this inner SELF, the Christ, the Buddha, or whatever name you feel like, it doesn't matter, the label is never what IS.

This is extremely beautiful and insightful. Thank you for your words.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Mariposa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Well, you are definately in the right place! Enjoy exploring and sharing.

Most of the threads I visit are the, I guess you could call them, ex-religious, maybe ex-Christian would be more appropriate, as these religions don't usualy have classes on mediumship or channeling and talking to angels and spirit guides :).

There is nothing wrong with Christianity in itself. My problem with it is when it is taken to extremes, or the Bible read literally when it is a document written thousands of years ago by people from that generation. And then taken as gospel today. It is inclusive and exclusive and basically a modern day rule book - you can do this, you can't do that. And the Church made up the rules as they went.

As more and more people explore their own spirituality and what that means to them is where the rubber meets the road for me, because the religions really don't allow too much of that. Free thinking is really not allowed. Free speech, frowned upon. Gay relationships, belittled and ridiculed.

To me, some of the religions of today have not kept up with what is going on in the world, and are based on beliefs that no longer apply (if they ever did) to mankind.

Original sin, guilt, the devil (can you tell I was raised Catholic?) were sticks that the pious reigned down upon the non-believers to get them to believe.

Since God, nor Jesus, wrote the original Bible, everything in it is subject to debate. One translation of a document changes immensely the original intent of the document. Two or three translations later, and you get people inserting ideas that were never there.

I believe everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, including the Bible. I say whatever brings you closer to God (or whoever that is to you) is a good thing.

But it is not heresay to state that I don't believe in the Bible. That is just my growth and expansion as a human being allowing me to say that without guilt. I believe in other things, just not in that Book. I've never been called to read it, havng had it read to me for so many years from the pulpit, it lost it's appeal.

When my parents were excommunicated for getting a divorce, yet they had to bring their children to church every week and sit in the parking lot because they were nolonger allowed to go inside the church, thats really incredible when you think about it. I was not told this until many years later, after I had left the church.

I had a 90 year old priest tell me, at Engaged Encounter (where you have to go before you can get married) that I was not ready to get married - he had never talked to me before, in fact I had yet to utter a sentence before he made that annoucement to the entire class.

So, I am also connected to God, I am trying to come to a place where I welcome all peoples of every religion into my life and loving them as people and not focusing on what religion they might be and what bias they might have because of it, and I am apparently not quite there yet :)

It's strange, because I see the Catholic religion as being beautiful for some people (I have relatives that are devote and that is how they get to God and that is a beautiful thing to see) but for me, its just I don't believe in it anymore and its okay.

This is relateable is so many ways. It sums up a lot of my current frustrations with this aspect of religion. It wasn't until very recently that I discovered that there were other ways to reconnect with faith. A friend of mine has a spiritual take in life and it really helped open so many doors in my thought process. Since I shunned out my Catholic beliefs, I never thought to search elsewhere and I admit, I never even tried because my naive brain assumed it was all the same.

It feels great to step out of the box I created for myself, and thank you for your welcome.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Master

You are very welcome. Sorry I went on a bit of a rant...Oh, and I have some book recommendations for you (look down below)...
Old 04-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Master

.... the main reason ....

I don't think there is a one single reason and in truth, I can't recall but I do remember the endless questions in my head, and wanting to find a safe place to debate and learn. I needed other people in my journey and finding other people who resonate with you isn't always easy.

This site has surpassed my wildest dreams.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Master

Love is the fulfilling of the Law...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com