Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Experiencer
I haven't checkef into Reiki just because i assumed it would be really expensive to take the classes:)
I really should enquire about it :)

Shine
Old 05-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Knower

Edgar cayce one of the greatest psychics that ever lived addressed this.

When one develops their muscle and brawn for the ring, or for any activity of such nature, there are certain rules of living that must, or that have been found to be necessary for such an one to adhere to.

How develop the psychic forces? So live in body, in mind, that self may be a channel through which the Creative Forces MAY run. How is the current of life or of modem science used in the commercial world? By preparing a channel through which same may run into, or through, that necessary for the use in the material things. So with the body mentally, physically, spiritually, so make the body, the mind, the spiritual influences, a channel - and the NATURAL consequence will be the manifestations. 7. How best, then, to develop those latent forces in one NOW, those who have reached the years of maturity or responsibility in self? Let that mind be in you as was in Him who thought it not robbery to make Himself equal with God, yet took on Himself the burden of all that through His physical suffering, His privation in body, in mind, there might come the blessings to others. Not self, but others. He, or she, that may lose self, then, for others, may DEVELOP those faculties that will give the greater expression of psychic forces in their experience.

(Q) If I have a psychic power, how can I develop it to the most constructive use? (A) Each one who has a soul has a psychic power - but remember, brother, there are no shortcuts to God! Ye are there - but self must be eliminated?

discipline of mind body and spirit. Daily work opening your heart to God, meditating, and asking for help. The quick and easy ways too often lead to discouragement and disappointment. It takes daily work .. sometimes a couple times a day and it has to be consistent.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Meditatation clearing your charkras making sure you concentrate on your breathing sitting comfortable.the rest is experience the more you use it the stronger they can become,but all this takes time dont expect instant changes.spirit will only give what they feel you can deal with

Namaste
Old 05-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatulum
Edgar cayce one of the greatest psychics that ever lived addressed this.

(Q) If I have a psychic power, how can I develop it to the most constructive use? (A) Each one who has a soul has a psychic power - but remember, brother, there are no shortcuts to God! Ye are there - but self must be eliminated?

discipline of mind body and spirit. Daily work opening your heart to God, meditating, and asking for help. The quick and easy ways too often lead to discouragement and disappointment. It takes daily work .. sometimes a couple times a day and it has to be consistent.

first to be constructive you have to know it is not power, but ability. we are all able to do something. some of us can have psychic (spiritual) abilities. others can cook or sing or many other things. so to know we are part of the all and not in power is about the unity.

to know it is not power but an ability and then to acknowledge that we are only a piece of the whole puzzle is a way to exit self and identify with the all instead.

ahhhh discipline. used to be my least favorite thing. when i was in training i was sometimes ill behaved in class. after one special time the leader said he was giving me the opportunity to study with a new teacher. i looked at him and said "are you kidding? i know you are sending me to detention."

well i had no choice so i went to the new teacher. he was eastern and the first thing he taught me was discipline. i needed it.

kk
Old 05-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Knower

Cayce uses terms but in christian traditions it's called both a power and gift. It's a matter of terminology differences between eastern and western belief systems.
Everyone can do it sometimes it takes a lot of work to get there.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Experiencer
I am trying the advice given here so far and frankly I'm surprised that I'm having results this fast. My chakras must have been blocked and I'm trying to focus more on meditation - this is something I rarely paid attention to before quite frankly.
Anyway, my third eye was buzzing the night before last and was fluttering last night. I've never had it flutter before:)
I feel that its a positive sign even though I didn't have a vision. That's ok though because as some here have mentioned, it will take time.

Please keep all the advice coming:). I know I'm not the only one here having this problem and others will benefit too:)

You all are so wonderful :).

Love shine
Old 06-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Knower

It's gonna do a lot more than buzz when it cuts loose. Don't get scared if that happens your not going to get hurt.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Experiencer
Oh! Oh! Hope your joking, right? :)

Shine :)
Old 06-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
I would like to increase my visions and sensitivity. I'm sure there are others that would like to know how we could practise too:)

Love shine

When you practice meditation regularly it brings balance to your own resonant energy and will allow for your abilities to unfold in a very natural way. Some people like to try to control what gifts the get but frankly I am not convinced this is wise even if it were possible. We each have our own potential for psychic development for a reason and that will often times be a path with many unpredictable avenues. My advice is to seek that balance in yourself and rely on your guides and that universal energy that connects all things to take your development where it is meant to go.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
first to be constructive you have to know it is not power, but ability. we are all able to do something. some of us can have psychic (spiritual) abilities. others can cook or sing or many other things. so to know we are part of the all and not in power is about the unity.

kk

Im still learning my ropes here but I recently started listening to Gordon Higginson lectures (Amazing British Spirutualist Medium) and he talks about 'the Power of Spirit' connecting to the Power that enables us to talk to Spirit. etc. Again I'm new to this, so to me the Power is still something everyone has access to, not to be confused with a power, like superman flying etc.

Not sure if this is the same thing as you mentioned '...power is about the unity'? :)

http://www.gordonhigginson.co.uk/lectures/4534579861