Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Administrator
What Constitutes "Proof"

Hello

A post reply and a show I was watching got me thinking. This trying to find "Proof" that one's like me see dead people. That there is an energy present when one is in contact with the dead. That notion that we do live on is some form and that we can communicate with the living.

On the show they claimed that thingsl ike a drop in the room temperature, EVP ( which is the voices heard in the white noise of a digital recording) , orbs, and even the hair standing on end on the arms was proof. Is it ? They can not touch it or see it so is it really there.

What would constitute that "proof" ? I grew up learning that Jesus rose from the dead, to form in me mind set that he simply seemed dead and came too and went forth and got lost someplace. There are cases where one had been taken to the basement and still been living.

I see "dead people" at times as clearly as I do the living beings...I talk to dead people, and I get enough information from them to pass along. Yet there is no way of proving its done.....will we ever find that proof ?

Lynn

What would give you that full on proof ye would need to say OK this is real, there is something to living on after the body stops in its functions.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:48 PM
glenos

I have witnessed full on physical mediumship on a few occasions. That's enough proof on its own for me. Add that to the rest of the various goings on over 40yrs only reinforces that.

G
Old 06-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Pinkroses

I think it's really challenging to find the proof we seek because we tend to think that proof should come from something that is concrete and tangible. For most people, when it comes to the spirit world, there is nothing that can physically prove it exists. The majority of us can't see, hear or touch spirits, so we can only go by what we feel. And sometimes even though we feel something strongly, we doubt our feelings because they are not considered objective enough.

I must admit I have done a lot of questioning and am always looking for more proof. But I can't deny that I have received that proof over and over again. I've had amazing things happen to me that the physical world offers no explanation for. I'm thankful for these experiences and only hope that others can learn what I have.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Serenity Bear

I think the level of proof changes from person to person. For me it has to be spot on information and nothing wishy washy, no hedging the bets or anything, but then as a medium I am very fussy giving my messages so I'm more so when receiving them.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Master
Proof to me is something that can be seen and tested by everyone, this is scientific proof, not just what we believe to be true because it makes us feel good.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Master
Proof for me is something that supports my life in ways that are personally validating.

I would have a hard time convincing the general population in a scientific way about my reality. It is true that most of us do need 100% agreement on something to make it valid in their mind. I myself never wanted to be told what to think so I strive to think for myself.

We can accept that we are different when it comes to Our Truth, or not as the case may be.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Occultist

True answer for the people I work with is no.
That does not constitute as proof.
Even though its as real to you as any other part of your life.
EVP's I am personally very skeptical about.
Orbs is easily explained away by moister,dust particles or bugs.
Noises is easily explained away on TV shows because even when the investigator goes into a room by themselves there is always a camera guy and Boom technician.
So at the very least 3 even though your seeing one.
Ghost boxes is easily explained away and dismissed as nothing more then a Carney trick.
We are basically lookin for the "Holy Grail" a non corporeal or corporeal entity to communicate with.
Not just taken someones word for it.
I believe if we keep searching soon we will be able to prove or disprove anything spiritual then its just up to people to see the factual evidence and believe.
This might even be more diffacult especially for Christians due to fears of Hell and trickery and/or damnation.
We all have our personal truths until we can prove them to others.
I am going to have to agree 100% with psychoslice.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Proof to me is something that can be seen and tested by everyone, this is scientific proof, not just what we believe to be true because it makes us feel good.

I agree. If an experiment can be reproduced many times with the same outcome then it's proved.

Problem with psychic phenomena is, there's no experiement which shows consistant results. There's some unexplained and inconsistant measurements on measuring instruments, but no cause is known.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I agree. If an experiment can be reproduced many times with the same outcome then it's proved.

Problem with psychic phenomena is, there's no experiement which shows consistant results. There's some unexplained and inconsistant measurements on measuring instruments, but no cause is known.
Yes Gem I agree, even this so called Enlightenment is overrated, everything is what it is, and that is all we need to know, once we try to prove Enlightenment, or any so called spiritual belief we are then only sharing what we feel, or experienced within our selves, and this is no evidence of proof, well not in a scientific way that is.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes Gem I agree, even this so called Enlightenment is overrated, everything is what it is, and that is all we need to know, once we try to prove Enlightenment, or any so called spiritual belief we are then only sharing what we feel, or experienced within our selves, and this is no evidence of proof, well not in a scientific way that is.

Oh what a fuss that 'e' word has made. One e word is enlightenment and the other 'e' word is ego... Now I need to write an e-mail.

This is what it is OK... people are pushing their enlightenment onto other people.

It's fine, Lynn says she sees what she sees and so be it, and not pushing others to see it, no, not at all. That's what makes a big difference innit?

It's not good to tell others what is. Thats a Dictators and Preachers job. People just end up believing someone elses stuff.

I feel like it's an art, but there isn't any canvas or stone to carve. People aren't to be cast in the moulds the enlightened ones make for them... Much moreso a person is as they are, and that's what the state of consciousness is, so accept that as enlightenment and embrace it as such.