Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 13-01-2013, 10:01 PM
leeann35640

Fish What books do you guys recommend for a newbie

Hello.... Just to jump right in here, I recently purchased the book "So you want to be a Medium: A Down to Earth Guide" by Rose Vanden Eynden. I feel like it is an excellent read for a "newbie" like myself.... however I do not have anything to base or judge that on.
Would you guys have a recommendation for someone who wants to start and hit the ground running, in medium-ship? (of course with due time, study, practice, and more practice...)

Small background on myself... I have always known something was a bit different about me..... I won't expand to much on that, but when I started watching long island medium (I admit I enjoy the show) it lit a fire inside of me, lead me on a search for a book, and several months later after not being able to forget about it, I finally searched on Amazon and that is the first book I saw, and purchased.
It has stirred up something in side me and I would like to find out if this is it...
I have never ever meditated before and I plan on starting Monday or Tuesday.... little nervous about that, too!

:)
Old 13-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Patricius

Carl Gustav Jung - Mystical Conjuction
Old 14-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Glen

Read everything you can get your hands on. But reading and meditation won't make you a medium. I would recommend finding a spiritualist church and attending an open circle to find out if you have any ability. You should also remember TV is heavily edited and what you see is not the raw reality. Another question I have for you (not to discourage you) Why do you want to be a medium?.

If you can get Raymond Bucklands book "Book for Spirit Communication" it explores many facets of communication.
I wish you success in your journey of discovery.

love and light
Old 14-01-2013, 07:24 PM
leeann35640

I fully understand reading and meditation won't make me a medium.

Glen; I just want to know all aspects of my life, here and on the other side. I do believe we have helpers who assist us with our daily lives, and I want to become more aware of that.

I found a group not too far from me that offers a "school" and has this open circle you mention. I plan on going in for a reading, and seeing what happens.

My apologies, as I know that is not really a direct answer...but it is all I have ATM.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 15-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeann35640
I fully understand reading and meditation won't make me a medium.

Glen; I just want to know all aspects of my life, here and on the other side. I do believe we have helpers who assist us with our daily lives, and I want to become more aware of that.

I found a group not too far from me that offers a "school" and has this open circle you mention. I plan on going in for a reading, and seeing what happens.

My apologies, as I know that is not really a direct answer...but it is all I have ATM.
Thanks for the reply.

Stay curious and explore all your options. Mediums don't just do what the tv show stars do. There are many other types of mediums. Explore all your options and avenues. My wish for you is to find your authentic self and do what you have been put on this world to do.

love and light
Old 15-01-2013, 10:52 PM
leeann35640

Thank you Glen! I want to keep an open mind and do what is good for me.

I have an appointment on Sunday with a well known medium in my area. She and her husband host the school that I mentioned before.

Thanks again for the well wishes!