Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Oh what a fuss that 'e' word has made. One e word is enlightenment and the other 'e' word is ego... Now I need to write an e-mail.

This is what it is OK... people are pushing their enlightenment onto other people.

It's fine, Lynn says she sees what she sees and so be it, and not pushing others to see it, no, not at all. That's what makes a big difference innit?

It's not good to tell others what is. Thats a Dictators and Preachers job. People just end up believing someone elses stuff.

I feel like it's an art, but there isn't any canvas or stone to carve. People aren't to be cast in the moulds the enlightened ones make for them... Much moreso a person is as they are, and that's what the state of consciousness is, so accept that as enlightenment and embrace it as such.

Yes i agree, but in the end people only get what they deserve, we all like to share our wonderful feelings, be it Enlightenment, Wicca, or whatever, were like little children who want to run and tell everyone what he or she has found, do we ever really grow up, i hope not lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes i agree, but in the end people only get what they deserve, we all like to share our wonderful feelings, be it Enlightenment, Wicca, or whatever, were like little children who want to run and tell everyone what he or she has found, do we ever really grow up, i hope not lol.

I did , I'm old and grumpy!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I did , I'm old and grumpy!
He he, well that is what happens when you listen to old Krishnamurti too much lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Henri77

Proof for whom?

Yourself.
A friend?
An audience?
A scientist?
James Randi?

There can be proof in terms of what a spirit communicates, that can be confirmed-validated.
Where they stashed the money, a diary.
Personal information you couldn't logically know , about a client, or the spirit's past private doings-confidences.

For Randi.. no proof will ever suffice, as such skeptics can always invent a method by which you could concievibly cheat.

Remote viewers can prove their clairvoyant info by physical confirmation...

It seems a medium shouldn't have too much problem convincing a subject with information you couldn't logically know. Unless it came from the spirit...
Though feasibly mind reading might allow one to access some such info from the subjects memory.

"On the show they claimed that thingsl ike a drop in the room temperature, EVP ( which is the voices heard in the white noise of a digital recording) , orbs, and even the hair standing on end on the arms was proof. Is it ? They can not touch it or see it so is it really there."

I believe this primarily applies to earthbound spirits-ghosts

Last edited by Henri77 : 07-09-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Master
Well why don't you go on the Randi show and just prove what you think is true, have you ever seen that show, i tell you its a laugh lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Amethyst

Hi Lynn and All

Hope you are all well.

I think the debate of proof lies within the understanding (or lack of) and expectations of the individual seeking proof – what they think spirit is, how they think spirit operate.

If they expect, and will only accept proof by seeing a physical manifestation in flesh and blood (which would mean... a spirit is still in human form!!!), then that’s a bit like looking at the family dog and expecting it to be a space rocket.

I have seen manifestations in close proximity, things that appear so solid as if I could reach out and touch them, BUT most of the time, the spirits I am grateful to communicate with make contact from the spirit world and I see them via the third eye. They have no need to leave the spirit world to make contact, but scientific instruments cannot prove that, in the same way they cannot prove – or disprove – what I dreamt last night.

For me, proof is when the person I’m reading for validates what is imparted as authentic. However.... that is not always the immediate case! The ‘Aha’ moment does not always ring true with those who are open to the possibilities the moment the words leave my lips – sometimes it takes a while for it to register.

For example, (shared with permission) I once clearly saw a chicken wishbone – certainly not the sort of thing to cold read! The person who the message was intended for just looked at me blankly – nope – it didn’t mean anything. Then... a bit later, they started smiling as they recalled the significance of the image.

This person and their deceased partner used to joke about always having a run of bad luck. One day, just before they tucked into their Sunday lunch, they decided to pull a chicken wishbone, so one of them could make a wish. But (LOL) it broke into three pieces – so neither of them won – and apparently they giggled about it for days. This sweet memory had been forgotten.

Experiences like that for me is proof enough that physical death is not the end – obtaining information of things that I had no prior knowledge of whatsoever – and it was proof for them too.

The scientific community cannot prove with any apparatus that I was connected to a lost loved one. They should get their skates on and invent an appropriate machine, suitable for proper research, that can see what the mind’s eye sees or hear thoughts if they want proof, LOL – how intrusive would that be?!

Blessings, Amethyst x

Last edited by Amethyst : 07-09-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

A post reply and a show I was watching got me thinking. This trying to find "Proof" that one's like me see dead people. That there is an energy present when one is in contact with the dead. That notion that we do live on is some form and that we can communicate with the living.

On the show they claimed that thingsl ike a drop in the room temperature, EVP ( which is the voices heard in the white noise of a digital recording) , orbs, and even the hair standing on end on the arms was proof. Is it ? They can not touch it or see it so is it really there.

What would constitute that "proof" ? I grew up learning that Jesus rose from the dead, to form in me mind set that he simply seemed dead and came too and went forth and got lost someplace. There are cases where one had been taken to the basement and still been living.

I see "dead people" at times as clearly as I do the living beings...I talk to dead people, and I get enough information from them to pass along. Yet there is no way of proving its done.....will we ever find that proof ?

Lynn

What would give you that full on proof ye would need to say OK this is real, there is something to living on after the body stops in its functions.

If it is that vivid to you, the way you see them and talk to them...........why not ask them to prove themselves? Or at least ask them why they don't.
In fact..........I have a few other questions I'd like to ask them.

Do you converse with them or do they talk to you? I don't mean in your head. I mean when they are standing in front of you as clearing as a living person does,
you say that you see them with your eyes....do you 'hear' them with your ears or in your mind?