Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Master
Didn't mean to kick up the dust here.

Just expressing how such exchanges, when made personal tend to affect me at times.

I understand what the individual may be pointing out. But once the point has been made to the other and the other individual continues in the style he/she presents things, then does it serve a purpose to constantly point out ones disagreement with it? If so how?
Old 21-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

I am attached to clarity, Andrew.. and, i have discovered the most clarity when concepts and beliefs are set aside..

"Love", in the new-age 'everything' kind way, is not consistent with the understandings the majority of people.. it is not defined that way by common references< see the Wikipedia reference below:

This is the thing, redefining language to suit a particular belief.. yes, there is indeed a fundamental energetic resonance, and 'love', as a description, is far too limited to be a valid reference.. 'love' is poor shorthand for an authentic personal description, and.. 'love' is imposed, almost militantly, by a self-appointed group of 'enlightened' beings.. most of whom refuse to try to actually describe their authentic experience, insisting that the word 'love' is sufficient for all causes.. is there no courage to really dig into this amazing condition? to bare it's personal "Truth" that those unfamiliar see more than a 'trite' prancing about of a single 'word'? I've all but begged for 6 years to actually explore this subject beyond the 'easy way out' of, "it's indescribable", or it's "everything"... share the actual experiences of sensing and experiencing this condition called 'love'.. or, is it simply too convenient to take the fall-back position, "if you haven't experienced it, you won't understand"?

Be well..

I can relate to what you are saying here. I get tired of reification, tired of grandiosity, tired of enlightened people talking about special states which the hoi-palloi have yet to experience. And yet I am probably still guilty of it sometimes too.

When I am speaking about 'love', I am not talking about a special love, a love that only some people know about. The love that I am talking about is the same love we all know. I understand that I probably sound ultra-spiritual in saying that love is a constant, but it makes sense to me, and to be fair, it is also my experience to some extent. I may well be attached to some stuff (including love) but in my opinion, to attach is to be human! So I appreciate you stating that you are attached to clarity, clarity is a value that I also rate highly. We might differ however, on how we think clarity is achieved.
Old 21-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
After re-reading my response, i used the word we ... that was a bit careless and i have questioned others for doing that ... i will amend that and say Yes i do!...

Haha yes, my forum experiences have taught me to pay attention to my use of the word 'we'
Old 21-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
... once the point has been made to the other and the other individual continues in the style he/she presents things, then does it serve a purpose to constantly point out ones disagreement with it? If so how?
On the surface this appears very reasonable, but I think in practice is quite an over-simplification.

What people do at a forum is discuss. If everyone just stated their opinion once, and was done with it, how would that serve the purpose of actual discussion?

Sometimes I am satisfied with stating my opinion once. Other issues, however, I feel rate a higher incidence of participation - especially in ongoing issues. These, I find, tend to be the most important ones.

Besides, I think it quite true that some people learn best through repetition. I aim to serve.
Old 21-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
...I think it quite true that some people learn best through repetition.

that may be true, but most people do not like to be sold the same thing over and over. It is kind of like an over used commercial that just keep telling people how great they think they are.

mj
Old 21-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
that may be true, but most people do not like to be sold the same thing over and over. It is kind of like an over used commercial that just keep telling people how great they think they are.

mj
And I would think my continually answering them would show them that - if they were listening.
Old 21-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
On the surface this appears very reasonable, but I think in practice is quite an over-simplification.

What people do at a forum is discuss. If everyone just stated their opinion once, and was done with it, how would that serve the purpose of actual discussion?

Sometimes I am satisfied with stating my opinion once. Other issues, however, I feel rate a higher incidence of participation - especially in ongoing issues. These, I find, tend to be the most important ones.

Besides, I think it quite true that some people learn best through repetition. I aim to serve.

Hi Humm,

What you present is healthy in a discussion. Exchange of thoughts/information/ideas/ect. When the discussion is with in the understanding that such things are occurring.

IMO, it is when the discussion breaks down into clashes of personalities and one disapproval of another personality and the way each presents what he/she presents, then there is no longer open dialogue going on.

When discussions break down into personal sniping and swipes, then the atmosphere becomes from one of openness to one of exclusion.

I understand and accept differences occur and everyone is not going to agree. I enjoy exploring and expanding upon ideas and thoughts.
Do you think comments made repeatably towards another promote this?

Not attempting to dictate how one should behave, nor directing this at you. Looking at how a discussion may break down from one of openness to one of trying teach another a lesson (so to speak).
Old 21-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Humm,

What you present is healthy in a discussion. Exchange of thoughts/information/ideas/ect. When the discussion is with in the understanding that such things are occurring.

IMO, it is when the discussion breaks down into clashes of personalities and one disapproval of another personality and the way each presents what he/she presents, then there is no longer open dialogue going on.

When discussions break down into personal sniping and swipes, then the atmosphere becomes from one of openness to one of exclusion.

I understand and accept differences occur and everyone is not going to agree. I enjoy exploring and expanding upon ideas and thoughts.
Do you think comments made repeatably towards another promote this?

Not attempting to dictate how one should behave, nor directing this at you. Looking at how a discussion may break down from one of openness to one of trying teach another a lesson (so to speak).
No, no, you make some very good points.

If a discussion breaks down into only sniping and swipes, then it is clearly counterproductive.

Fortunately I rarely see that here, and then the mods are quick to take appropriate action.
Old 21-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Master
I just long for a thread that sounds normal. I can actually understand what I'm reading...

Sigh...
Old 21-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
If a discussion breaks down into only sniping and swipes, then it is clearly counterproductive.
That may be so, that the discussion breaks down, but in it breaking down into sniping and swipes, one gets to see what's really in a person's heart.
And to me, that has an importance unto itself.