Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-04-2015, 03:16 AM
Seeker

How To Stop It?

How would I go about stopping being insensitive and cold?
I'm struggling with it. Several months ago I lost my emotions and I've got them back but now I feel I'm as cold as ice. Mostly when I'm irritated. I'm trying to sympathize and open up more but I'm finding it harder and harder to do so. Also, and to be more sensitive to other people's feelings. But when they're depressed or sad I can't handle being around them or I get angry myself.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:49 AM
Master
When I was sixteen years old, I too had such shifts of emotional changes.
I was quick to be intolerant, angry, critical, impatient, etc. I did not know what was happening to me.
Later I found out that at my age (adolescence) all sorts of hormonal changes were kicking in. These chemical changes within my body was setting me up for adulthood.
If what I am saying is true for you, I have no remedy but to remember that you are in a stage of transformation, and 'time and acceptance' maybe the only solution.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Deactivated Account

You may have an underactive sacral chakra or emotional center. It will take confrontation of the reasons behind it to change it.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:52 AM
Knower
May be the lesson here is in your recognizing and acknowledging that you are being insensitive and angry with people. That is the first step. So you see it. That doesn't mean you are an insensitive and cold person at all! You have identified what you feel is happening.

May be you feel overwhelmed by negative energy and you take it out on those close?? Why are you around sad and depressed people? You must ask yourself this. I see this as slowly being poisoned. Stay away from people like that. They are energy vampires.

Generally speaking, happy, fulfilled people with successful lives do not spend their days with insensitive and cold people. It is important to surround yourself with positive people and HEALTHY mental, emotional states. It's normal to have down periods in one's life, and friends go through tough times, but if you know a person is depressed or angry and has been mentally unstable for a long time, it is not wise to expose yourself to that energy unless you are an experienced therapist or energy worker that has trained in how to protect yourself AND trust that, which it sounds like you aren't and do not trust it. You said you form attachments easily. This may seem innocent enough but you are giving up your energy to each attachment.

It could be that the craziness of bi-polar moods are wearing off on you because you are like a sponge. People like this need to be around more settled types, otherwise you'll go down with the pity partyers and energy vamps.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Eyes
May be the lesson here is in your recognizing and acknowledging that you are being insensitive and angry with people. That is the first step. So you see it. That doesn't mean you are an insensitive and cold person at all! You have identified what you feel is happening.

May be you feel overwhelmed by negative energy and you take it out on those close?? Why are you around sad and depressed people? You must ask yourself this. I see this as slowly being poisoned. Stay away from people like that. They are energy vampires.

Generally speaking, happy, fulfilled people with successful lives do not spend their days with insensitive and cold people. It is important to surround yourself with positive people and HEALTHY mental, emotional states. It's normal to have down periods in one's life, and friends go through tough times, but if you know a person is depressed or angry and has been mentally unstable for a long time, it is not wise to expose yourself to that energy unless you are an experienced therapist or energy worker that has trained in how to protect yourself AND trust that, which it sounds like you aren't and do not trust it. You said you form attachments easily. This may seem innocent enough but you are giving up your energy to each attachment.

It could be that the craziness of bi-polar moods are wearing off on you because you are like a sponge. People like this need to be around more settled types, otherwise you'll go down with the pity partyers and energy vamps.
Yep, that just might be it. That those bipolar moods are wearing off on me. While I notice I'm Happy and smiling around my family I don't feel so worn out like I am when I'm getting into it and fighting with someone. All the fighting and negativity usually makes me close up and turn cold.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBleuBo
How would I go about stopping being insensitive and cold?
I'm struggling with it. Several months ago I lost my emotions and I've got them back but now I feel I'm as cold as ice. Mostly when I'm irritated. I'm trying to sympathize and open up more but I'm finding it harder and harder to do so. Also, and to be more sensitive to other people's feelings. But when they're depressed or sad I can't handle being around them or I get angry myself.

Maybe other peoples' feelings are too upsetting for you to experience and so part of you shuts down to protect yourself against feeling those things?
I can kind of understand that. It can sometimes be a bit shocking to receive a sudden barrage of human emotion, especially if it hurts or is in any way 'negative', not expected and for a reason you can't figure out.

It is very difficult living here sometimes.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Maybe other peoples' feelings are too upsetting for you to experience and so part of you shuts down to protect yourself against feeling those things?
I can kind of understand that. It can sometimes be a bit shocking to receive a sudden barrage of human emotion, especially if it hurts or is in any way 'negative', not expected and for a reason you can't figure out.

It is very difficult living here sometimes.
That could be it, too. Sometimes I can deal with smelling and don't mind listening at all. But if it's the Same person all day everyday I start to lose patience and I snap.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBleuBo
That could be it, too. Sometimes I can deal with smelling and don't mind listening at all. But if it's the Same person all day everyday I start to lose patience and I snap.

That's understandable. People can be so draining of emotions when they keep on. You need to recharge, get away from the source of the irritation. There's nothing at all wrong with you, except maybe you're too accommodating.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
That's understandable. People can be so draining of emotions when they keep on. You need to recharge, get away from the source of the irritation. There's nothing at all wrong with you, except maybe you're too accommodating.

Yes,.it's quite frustrating. I can't exactly get away from her. I just simply deal with her and try to not let her attitude make me angry or even upset
Old 11-04-2015, 07:04 AM
Seeker

I've recommended EFT to her but she won't do it. I'll just have to figure something out. She says she's suicidal, but it's more of a threat when she gets mad. At first I was talking to her and trying to get through to her. Now it seems she says "Do this or I'm going to kill myself" .
Recommended EFT to her and she didn't do it.
Idk what to tell her, I'm starting to think this is just a form of manipulation. While I've had my own history with depression and suicide it makes me angry just a bit to see someone use it against another when they're in an angry state. It's not right to make the other person worry endlessly about it.