Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-10-2015, 05:01 PM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassics77
Something weird happened to me the other night, I was pretty tired and laid down to go to sleep, then I was in, what appeared to be another realm of some sort. I was freaked out, everything was very vivid and real, as real as my fingers hitting the keyboard as I type this. I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to get back, I knew I was dreaming but it didn't feel like a dream at all, I was frightened and there were other beings there etc, also there was a white antique door there that I tried to open but then a being freaked me out. I was trying to communicate to my spouse whom was in the room (in the real world) to wake me up, like I was trying to make my sleeping self in the real world communicate... make sense? he did wake me up, he said he I was mumbling and making weird sounds etc..

It happened again the next night too, only this time it was different,
when I went to sleep, I don't remember falling asleep just closing my eyes. Then, I was in my room and trying to gain control of my body, kind of flopping on the floor, my boyfriend was on the computer and going to the bathroom and stuff and I could see him. Gravity was really heavy and so I was trying to communicate with him (my sleeping self anyways) and then something or someone helped me back onto the bed and I went to where my body was and I was trying to wake up because something didn't feel right, I got a feeling of fear come over me, after trying to wake myself up I was what seemed to be a wake and sleeping state but I couldn't fully wake up. I sensed something else there that wasn't right, then I again felt gravity pulling me towards the wall. Then I managed to wake up.

Before falling asleep I remember I was thinking about time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Anyone have any idea what this is, what happened?

Wow, those are good stories. I wonder what was through the door.

I can relate to the flopping around on the floor. That sounds very familiar to me.

These sound like OBE's to me but I'm far from an expert. About the entities: some will tell you thy are just manifestations of your fear at the time and some will tell you they are real. I have no idea which they are but they sure feel real at the time don't they? Thanks for sharing this
Old 18-10-2015, 05:10 AM
Pathfinder

I write this here again.
(from the thread "keep astral projecting while lucid dreaming)

@cassics77:
Something weird happened to me the other night, I was pretty tired and laid down to go to sleep, then I was in, what appeared to be another realm of some sort. I was freaked out, everything was very vivid and real, as real as my fingers hitting the keyboard as I type this. I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to get back, I knew I was dreaming but it didn't feel like a dream at all, I was frightened and there were other beings there etc, also there was a white antique door there that I tried to open but then a being freaked me out. I was trying to communicate to my spouse whom was in the room (in the real world) to wake me up, like I was trying to make my sleeping self in the real world communicate... make sense? he did wake me up, he said he I was mumbling and making weird sounds etc..
As you describe it, that it was real and you had your daily consciousness (you had, I guess?), then this was a spontaneous OBE. You see the differences to a normal dream: it is really vivid and real, you are fully or at least nearly fully conscious of yourself. Can you say what those other beings felt like and what they looked like? Why were you afraid of them? And what did this other realm look like, was it rather like landscape or a strange room or something? And was the "other realm" so frightened for you?
You tried to make your sleeping self communicate – actually that did work out very well. You managed to move your lips and producing sounds as you were panicking and trying to communicate.

It happened again the next night too, only this time it was different,
when I went to sleep, I don't remember falling asleep just closing my eyes. Then, I was in my room and trying to gain control of my body, kind of flopping on the floor, my boyfriend was on the computer and going to the bathroom and stuff and I could see him. Gravity was really heavy and so I was trying to communicate with him (my sleeping self anyways) and then something or someone helped me back onto the bed and I went to where my body was and I was trying to wake up because something didn't feel right, I got a feeling of fear come over me, after trying to wake myself up I was what seemed to be a wake and sleeping state but I couldn't fully wake up. I sensed something else there that wasn't right, then I again felt gravity pulling me towards the wall. Then I managed to wake up.

This is great - you had a spontaneous OBE first, and now this is going out of the body fully conscious. In a spontaneous OBE you awake somewhere and do not know how you got there, but here you are (more or less) fully aware while going out. You say gravity was really heavy, so I guess you went out with the denser etheric body (in case you don't know - this is the astral body + the etheric/ vital energy which surrounds your body - you can take a look at the first few pages of this thread where I wrote more about this). It could be your boyfriend was really doing all these things while you were watching him, but I can't be sure (until now I never have seen anyone in the astral doing things which he/she was doing in the physical at the same time, I just didn't get the opportunities to see something like this or was not dense enough). Now it is interesting you say someone helped you back. Can you describe more about him/ her? Did you feel if he was well intentioned towards you or something like that? Maybe he/she helped you because you didn't feel right. If you sense something that doesn't feel right it is helpful to find out (through sensing, that means, you just "listen" a bit more carefully to the sensation, maybe you can find out more) what is the reason. It happens that you can feel what exactly isn't right.

Before falling asleep I remember I was thinking about time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I do not know for sure, but I guess when you are thinking about something very intensively and kind of "meditating" on a special topic, you keep concentrated while falling asleep and I guess it helps having lucid dreams, OBEs or spontaneous OBEs afterwards.

All the same, there is no reason to have fear. Even if you do not manage at once to wake up fully. It happens often to me that I am coming out of an OBE and try to get back to the body - and I just fall into a useless dream or into a state where I cannot see. But this just means, I actually returned to the body but I am not conscious enough and fall into dream scenes or into a kind of sleep paralysis; which means, I am aware of myself then and do not see dream pictures, but I am still in the etheric body and can't move for a while because of the paralysis. But I learned not to fear and so this state is just a kind of relaxing meditation in the middle of nowhere :-) So don't worry, I think you had great experiences. Did you have OBEs before or was this the first time?

And by the way, life.love.regret is right: you can always tell how the beings feel and if they are real. It is a sensation, an astral sense which everyone has. You just sense their vibrancy, if they are "good" or "bad" to you, if they are real or just dream pictures (because sometimes your subconcsious will generate dreamlike pictures to prevent you from going further from the body - because your subconscious is alarmed when you go out of the body for it "thinks" you are dying. Just as a short and easy explanation, it works like this really and I have eperienced it very often). Just do it, it works.