Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Pathfinder
Can anyone steal or trap my astral body?

Hello. Is it possible for negative entities/humans in the astral to pick up my astral body when I go to sleep and then trap it in some kind of dreamstate? I had trouble for a long time with dreams. Felt as if someone else was controlling me in my dreams and I just couldnt break away.
And lately I have been experiencing a lot of sleep paralysis, and when I become aware of this during sleep, it's like I have a lot of energy but I'm unable to use it. I really want to learn how to AP, and I'm also wondering if it's possible to do so from a state of paralysis?

Also, I feel that a lot of entities or ghosts are attacking me from the astral. I can feel someone or something poking my knee, head, fingers, legs etc. This is really frustrating. I have been using visualization to build up a aura which I personally think looks strong, but the problem continue. Do you have any pointers for me? Thanks a million.
Old 25-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Master
YES, your astral body (or any body can be trapped).

Trapping the astral body is no easier or harder depending on whether or not its in the same location with the physical body. Thus, dreaming, practicing Astral Travel or any OBE technique does not make it easier for you astral body to be imprisoned.

Your concern is that about being trapped, but most of what you write is about being attacked.

Being that this is happening during dreaming, it could all just be nightmares. Physical energy (the kind you put in your aura) is not of much use within a dream. Though having it helps your physical system (body), there is not much way to 'use' it to protect from aspects of your dreams.

Sleep paralysis is a separate thing from the rest of this. Most people are frustrated that they can not use their physical body rather than their energy. Yes its uncomfortable and can be frightening. FYI, sleep paralysis is NOT required to be able to learn of actually Astral Project.

I am also going to separate the possibility that your dreams are being controlled from the other stuff. This can be done using mental (psi) powers or very advanced shared dreaming techniques. Note that beings can 'visit' and participate in your dreams through various techniques, but that does not give them 'control'. While energizing your aura will help with energy attacks (see below), it does nearly nothing about the methods used to 'control dreams'.

You are speculating about several different source of being attacked including astral entities, ghosts, or 'someone else' (another human). I recommend starting with this issue. The first is to determine what is 'attacking' you. Note that it could just all be your fears. I will describe typical situations in hopes of assisting this process.

Most astral entities have no interest in 'attacking' you, what they want is your energy (the same stuff you are putting in your aura) to feed on. Subtle energy from the Earth plane is vastly richer (denser) than the energy typically found in the astral planes. Think of them as energetic mosquitoes. Most are not capable of controlling you. There are those that have the ability to deceive you. For those that can deceive, they usually use this to cause negative emotions which emit more energy making it easier to feed. You would perceive this as fear followed by a sensation of being drained/tired.

Ghosts are similar in nature to astral entities except they originate in the Earth plane and thus have more energy. This gives them more ability to actually affect and possibly control you. Most ghosts are of the residual type which are not directly interactive with people. They do their own thing, if you happen to be in the 'wrong' spot, their activities may affect you. These kind lack any motivation or ability to 'control' you. Intelligent haunts (ghosts) are either disembodied humans or non-corporeal entities. They are fairly rare. Like any embodied person, they have their own agendas and motivations. Ghosts per se usually have a very specific agenda that does not change. For instance they were murder victims and want justice. You would experience this as being pushed to doing tasks (on their behalf) that are of no interest to you normally.

Other people (I will include other live sentient 'negative' beings in this category) are the most likely to actually try to 'control' you. There are several common motivations, but like any people, they have a multitude of reasons for what they do. Most common are they like to feel powerful by messing with the weak or you offended them off somehow and they are taking retribution. The first would be experienced as as randomly being tormented without any obvious purpose to it. The second would be experienced as being personally punished (like you did something wrong).

-----
Some other things you might look into to protect yourself: cord cutting, implants, wards, or clearing.
Old 26-10-2015, 07:15 AM
Pathfinder

I do not really know from my experiences and those of my friends if it is possible to trap the astral body of someone, but as far as I know, principally nobody can simply harm you and most ghosts in the lower astral are not dangerous, they just live off your fear, if you have fear then you are easily manipulated or your energy drained, but if you show strong will power and calmness then nothing can harm you. But I have no experiences with "stronger" beings who actually try and are allowed to harm you out of whatever purpose and attitude, and can't really tell you about that. But it is sure, you can always sense if a being is well-intentioned or not, or if it is a real being at all or only a picture or a robot-like "puppet" (psychogon) built up by your subconscious to prevent you from doing something (e.g.: the subconscious often tends to protect one from going out of the body for it renders this a dangerous activity and thinks going out from the body is "dying". So it prevents you from doing that through several ways; I have experienced this very often).
You say you feel trapped in the dreamstate. I don't know if it is possible that someone from outside does this, but as far as I know, it can feel like you are controlled, but it is in fact some part of your subconscious which has the control then. I have been in states where my conscious "I" had no real control and I was driven or hold back by another state of consciousness. It is quite normal to some amount. You should describe more precisely what you felt and experienced in these dreams/ nightmares to find out what it could be.
Sleep paralysis: my first OBEs were all from the paralysis state. It is a good point to start an OBE. Just by being fully aware of your surroundings and trying to move upwards or rolling out of the body on your side. There are several ways to do this but it works quite well.
Being attacked in the paralysis state: is quite normal. Mostly those attacks are NOT from the outside, but it is your subconscious. I know this kind of mechanism: the subconscious projects threats from outside while you are in the paralysis state, because you feel trapped and in panic/ fear your subconscious interprets some reason for this frightening state. I know some people who were attacked by "demons" or "devils" but in fact they were pictures of their own fear. I would advise you to try to simply be calm and to observe your surroundings, what do you feel, see etc. If you succeed to keep calm and easy, you'll find out what those "attackers" really are. And can you describe the "poking" more detailedly? I know a sensation of "poking" also from energetic signs, it felt like being poked fastly at the spine or head or leg or somewhere, but it did not feel dangerous ore negative, just intensive and a bit "annoying".
Old 27-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Seeker

Hi L1ght,

I think what you mean by them trapping you is not letting you fully experience AP. Fear is definitely a big thing to scare you away. Your subconscious also plays a part of setting trap as it can influence the decision you make while in the astral...using fear as one, cause you to daydream is another, fascination, etc...

I have to say that there are negative forces out there. Everynight when we sleep, the astral body we go into the astral plane unaware then come back and merge with the physical body unaware(not awaken, another word for it is 'asleep'). The moment someone starts to learn how to AP(aware of the process of sleep), the opposite force will work to sabotage it. Opposition is only thrown to you at your level... so if you're a beginning, u'll get a poke here and there and fear of something will show up. You need persistent, will, overcoming fear in order to succeed.

Here's a video of astral projection made by this group of people whose been practicing AP. Pretty interesting.

How the Astral Feels and Combating Negative Beings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYhld8KYvXE