Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 10-03-2012, 02:00 PM
mashpashable

Meaning behind colors?

Does being drawn to certain colors have meaning? As a child I was drawn to the color lavender and it always seemed to stand out to me more than any other color. As an adult, it's red. I've never heard of there being any spiritual meaning behind colors but everywhere I go red stands out to me.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Quintessence

While colors do have symbolic meaning, these meanings are not universal across cultures nor individuals. Therefore, I think it would be inappropriate for me to tell you what it means, as my relationships with the Color Spirits are not necessarily your own. What I would suggest you do, though, is spend some time contemplating what each of the colors mean to you. Seek you own answers. =)
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
mashpashable

Thank you Quintessence. I do kinda feel like I might know the meaning behind the colors..not sure how to decifer how the meanings apply to my life..do I need more of what the color represents in my life at that time or does the color mirror how I am feeling at that time? Hmm. Maybe I should pay more attention to situations and feelings when I feel drawn to a certain color?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:16 PM
amy green

I think a more accurate question might be do different colours have different vibrations that can be picked up/affect us? The answer to this is YES. Physically they vibrate at different frequencies (on the spectrum) but, more interestingly, is how we get affected by certain colours.

It's not for nothing that a certain colour purple is called ecclesiastical purple...worn in certain church denominations and, incidentally, the colour of the crown chakra (violet).

When I was a child, I have a distinct memory of not feeling very well/good at my small wooden school desk. In front of me were colour pencils. There was one colour - a bright, acorn green - that really stood out to me. Using it made me feel a whole lot better. Simple. Direct. Memorable.

In later years, when I studied mysticism I got a real craving for purple, i.e. I had to have purple clothes. That was some 20 years ago and I still love the colour - constitutes most of my wardrobe now!

Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashpashable
Thank you Quintessence. I do kinda feel like I might know the meaning behind the colors..not sure how to decifer how the meanings apply to my life..do I need more of what the color represents in my life at that time or does the color mirror how I am feeling at that time? Hmm. Maybe I should pay more attention to situations and feelings when I feel drawn to a certain color?

You could indeed.

Another thing you could toy around doing is learning more about color. Perception and classification of colors is something we tend to take for granted, and consequently we don't really know how to see color as well as we think we do. I came to this conclusion after having such an awakening myself during a college course on color. You learn how to really see color after taking a class like that, assuming that's part of the emphasis the instructor places on the course. It also helped me learn about the Spirit of each Color.

Yellow, for example, when at its maximum hue saturation point has the highest value (or brightness) of all the colors in the spectrum. This is why it tends to catch our eyes first, and perhaps also why it is often considered an "outgoing" hue. It's naturally very bright. Yellow is also curious in that we define it as a relatively narrow range of hues. It doesn't take much of a shift to orange or green wavelengths before we stop calling it yellow in our language.

Sorry, I got a bit sidetracked. I just find color theory and perception all very fascinating.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Shabby

I used to see situations in numbers and colors...that has slowly faded away, but in a meditation I did using John Edwards technique to connect with loved ones that have passed over, one day traveling through the colors of the rainbow I heard the (a) meaning at every color "stop". I understood that each color is vibration and that we can "return" to our true source of all in all by going through the colors of the Rainbow and raising our vibrations as we do so.

The rainbow is a staircase back to heaven : )

Red: Unconditional Love
Orange: Spiritual Awareness
Yellow: Spiritual Awakening
Green: Intuition
Blue: Spiritual Healing
Purple:Spiritual Understanding
White: All in All
Old 11-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Autums_Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
You could indeed.

Another thing you could toy around doing is learning more about color. Perception and classification of colors is something we tend to take for granted, and consequently we don't really know how to see color as well as we think we do. I came to this conclusion after having such an awakening myself during a college course on color. You learn how to really see color after taking a class like that, assuming that's part of the emphasis the instructor places on the course. It also helped me learn about the Spirit of each Color.

Yellow, for example, when at its maximum hue saturation point has the highest value (or brightness) of all the colors in the spectrum. This is why it tends to catch our eyes first, and perhaps also why it is often considered an "outgoing" hue. It's naturally very bright. Yellow is also curious in that we define it as a relatively narrow range of hues. It doesn't take much of a shift to orange or green wavelengths before we stop calling it yellow in our language.

Sorry, I got a bit sidetracked. I just find color theory and perception all very fascinating.

Quintessence, your views on colors is very interesting. Taking an art history, I did learn that the eye does all the work for the artist, mixing colors we don't normally see.
I Think you have a good idea here. Learning more about the spirit of the color is a good way of going. As an artist I try to see more into colors as well. I also find colors very symbolic. What I normally do is research the colors, get a good idea of what others think about them, what different cultures or people believe colors to represent. I also take in my own intuition as well. When I have a good set of notes or ideas, I then think about my own situations within my life. What has lead to this color? what are the steps leading to it? I apply other clues. Its almost like decoding a dream. For instance, yesterday at work the color green continued to pop up, that and flowers. But mostly green, I could go off what I know about the color, money, luck etc. But its not always the case. I went more with my intuition, I listened and let it come to me and I feel I know what the color was trying to say. lol I may just be rambling on, not sure if any of this makes sense, though my aim was to try to help.
Old 13-03-2012, 02:42 PM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashpashable
Does being drawn to certain colors have meaning? As a child I was drawn to the color lavender and it always seemed to stand out to me more than any other color. As an adult, it's red. I've never heard of there being any spiritual meaning behind colors but everywhere I go red stands out to me.

Well I have the same question in my mind, why do we like or drawn to certain colors? I was attracted to different colors at different phases of my life.