Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 20-05-2015, 02:24 PM
sweetbeefaerie

struggling with disappointment

In January of this year I decided that I was done with an endless cycle of worrying about money and experiencing financial-related depression. I decided to look into manifestation as a tool to help myself financially. I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing at first, but as I got more into it I started to be seemingly led from step to step in my manifestation journey. I started with a ritual, proclaiming to the universe exactly what I wanted (I was very, very specific even down to the date I wanted it and everything), and then I followed each step that I was led to from there. I remained blissfully positive no matter what for months and months, and learned so much about getting myself immediately out of a negative mindset or thought pattern. I followed the teachings of Abraham Hicks, and others similar. I put all my energy into my mindset, and into creating avenues for my financial freedom to find me through. I felt like if anyone knew what I was doing and how obsessed I was with it they'd call me crazy.

When the date I had been so specific about finally rolled around, I spent the whole day fighting doubts and anxieties and remaining in my blissful state of mind until late into the night, when I finally accepted that I had not been successful. I fought to keep the smile on my face and hope in my heart, but by the time I went to bed I couldn't keep the disappointment under wraps any longer...I collapsed in sobs and through my tears told my boyfriend everything I'd been doing for months trying to create a better life for us so we wouldn't have to struggle to survive anymore, and how it hadn't happened like I wanted it to... I realized that I probably needed to have patience, and trust that things would work out for me financially if I kept up the mindset of bliss and trust and excitement, etc. and that I was probably just way too specific, setting myself up for disappointment and that the universe works in mysterious ways that we can't always just map out.

I told myself that I would continue the manifestation work and that I wouldn't let the disappointment of that night effect all the positive work I'd done with myself. I would continue to only do things that brought me happiness and I would continue to rise above any negativity that tried to rise up in me. Well I just realized today, another couple months later, that the disappointment from that night effected my confidence in myself and in the universe greatly. I realized that I have so much doubt now that I've just been trying to ignore and pretend like isn't there... When I look at my dream board now, I have a tiny grip of sadness on my heart... how do I get out of this disappointment rut?

I want to experience the bliss and beauty I created for myself while I was practicing manifestation...those were some of the most blissful months of my life I think.. and my boyfriend was so much happier all the time because of my contagious mindset.. I was laying outside for hours just smiling up at the sky and day dreaming... it was really nice. I want to get back there, and I want to believe that I can manifest my desires.
Old 20-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbeefaerie

I told myself that I would continue the manifestation work and that I wouldn't let the disappointment of that night effect all the positive work I'd done with myself.
I would continue to only do things that brought me happiness and I would continue to rise above any negativity that tried to rise up in me.

Well I just realized today, another couple months later, that the disappointment from that night effected my confidence in myself and in the universe greatly.
I realized that I have so much doubt now that I've just been trying to ignore and pretend like isn't there... When I look at my dream board now, I have a tiny grip of sadness on my heart... how do I get out of this disappointment rut?

I want to experience the bliss and beauty I created for myself while I was practicing manifestation...those were some of the most blissful months of my life I think.. and my boyfriend was so much happier all the time because of my contagious mindset..
I was laying outside for hours just smiling up at the sky and day dreaming... it was really nice.

I want to get back there, and I want to believe that I can manifest my desires.
Hi,
Well, this is so easy.

You know so many of the things that create happiness!
AND you want it!
AND you value it!

This is what I would say:
Somewhere, somehow...a minor mistake was made...and you know what?
It doesn't even matter what it was...could have been doubt is still
implanted in your sub/unconscious mind...(they don't call it UN conscious for no reason! Ha!
We aren't even aware of it!)

No problem. You need to not 'just' want happiness and be positive consciously.

We all need to reprogram our unconscious minds...to the point our
foundation in the face of, say, doing a healing and the person still dies...we don't care...we still have our faith
or our knowing...(happened to me, oh well!)

Did it shake my knowledge of how the Universe works, no way!
Was I disappointed, embarrassed? No way.
I know there are many factors in healing...something was not aligned...and yet, maybe it was for her and her inner wishes.

Anyhoo, point is...have some verses or sentences that you really believe
memorized...placed on your fridge, wall, mirror, in your car.
Read, say, think, listen to these inspiring words of TRUTH to really get this into you core!
You seem 80% there already.
But, you know what?
One sliver of doubt, one mixed message...and things fizzle.

The slippery slide from the spiritual world sliding desires to you has a
few grits of sand ...oops!

Get rid of deep beliefs of whatever kind that stop you from receiving
...you have complete power to create...
you are a creating being...that is what you are...
walk in that confidence, girlfriend!

Start smaller, perhaps?
"I need to find a book...a safety pin while walking...some money on the ground"...I dunno..
.something easy that your mind can believe in.

Build that confidence back up ...oh...and simply ignore the 'feeling of disappointment' the ego mind has created...
just as easily as you would turn the channel from a bloody TV show!

Don't talk about, don't write about it...swap it away as you would a fly!
Because it is nothing...smoke and mirrors, fake, illusion...nothing, nonsense...paperchains...until you give it your focus.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Lorelyen

It's not uncommon for people to set unrealistic targets and worse, look hard for the results they expect. If the targets are met under those circumstances it may just be luck and lead to superstitious behaviour. (Nothing wrong with superstition but if it works repeatedly it's exceptional luck, otherwise disappointment is sure to follow.) Too many want something from the universe then sit back hoping to get it without any work.

I've told the universe many times that I'm going to win the Euromillions lottery next weekend......but it didn't hear me and didn't work.

The first danger I see is believing that the universe at large (out there) is going to heed your call. It may, it may not. Better to believe in yourself that you can bring off what you want.

Second danger is setting a time limit for a (fairly) specific event. Remember these are affirmations, not a magic wand. I haven't caught up on what the charlatans who have "industrialised" affirmations say, but in the old order they were gradual, long-term things. By long term I mean months to years rather than days to weeks, depending what you hope to achieve. Improvements are usually incremental though at times a step-change may happen. Good if it does!

The third problem is the temptation to look for clear results. Affirmations are best for changes over a period of time. Deliberately looking for results inevitably makes the affirmer wonder whether they're working and if no sign is apparent, drawing a negating force into progress - sort of, "is it worth going on with this." Obviously you can't avoid wondering if they're going to work but you have to cultivate a light touch of disinterested interest (as it were).

You don't mention how often you reaffirm but you need to do so often, several times a day, and it has to be to yourself - when you look in a mirror, when you visualise better times, when something strikes a chord of optimism.

I reckon those people who claim that asking the universe for this and that and this LOA stuff have a lot to answer for. They seem to lead people into a passive state, that things will happen for them without work on their part. Doesn't work that way. You are far from alone in your disappointment and the damage it does.

I'd suggest affirming that things will get better as the days pass and with it will come improvements in how you administer your life. Visualise yourself in happy situations and times. With things like financial troubles, the way you manage things is important so you can affirm that you'll gradually find ways to manage your finances better as the days and weeks pass.

At this level there's less chance of disappointment. No specific targets or dates. Things will get better. Don't rejoice at a sudden improvement, keep affirming. It's a matter of changing habits in the way we are and do things and most people have trouble changing even the smallest habits.

Look on this as the beginning, not the end.

Old 20-05-2015, 06:35 PM
I have 99% outcomes with specifics...many clear specifics...
over 32 yrs.
But, as I said...a person has to have rock solid understanding of how
things work...
it isn't for beginners that could then lose heart.

Haha, my parameters are like 'within 2 weeks' or 'by WEDNESDAY, period'...then it happens Tues.
One time a house sold on the 15th day...
but maybe it did take place on the 14th in their minds or on the phone.
I have a number of others.
Ha!

I don't mean to disagree....but if a person is extremely confident ...
I believe it's fine to give deadlines.
This is just a second opinion from a person it works fine for.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Lorelyen

All very well but how does Sweetbeefaerie obtain that "rock solid understanding of how things work" in the timescale available to her?

.....over 32 years of experience? I mean, look, she isn't even 32 yet. And would you say she's "extremely confident?"

One has to try to be practical, feet on the ground and such....As I addressed her, she could regard herself at the beginning, not the end.

Old 21-05-2015, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
All very well but how does Sweetbeefaerie obtain that "rock solid understanding of how things work" in the timescale available to her?
.....over 32 years of experience? I mean, look, she isn't even 32 yet. And would you say she's "extremely confident?"

One has to try to be practical, feet on the ground and such....As I addressed her, she could regard herself at the beginning, not the end.
I said it wasn't for beginners that could lose heart...I posted earlier
a way to start gaining rock solid confidence.

My point being setting a time was not necessarily a 'danger'...
could be for a beginner, tho.

Old 18-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Robertj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I said it wasn't for beginners that could lose heart...I posted earlier
a way to start gaining rock solid confidence.

My point being setting a time was not necessarily a 'danger'...
could be for a beginner, tho.

good thoughts :)
Old 22-06-2015, 05:45 PM
maramara

thank you for this thread