Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 22-02-2012, 11:26 PM
orli_the_owl

Arrow February failure- motivational tips?

Hey all

I can't be the only one who's hit the February "I just can't be bothered anymore" streak.
Most of my new years resolutions flew out of the window a good couple weeks ago at best and the ones ive got left I'm half heartedly continuing with so I thought I'd start a threat to share motivational tips, cos I can't be the only one who needs them!

So, how do you keep going??

The only thing that works for me at the moment is bribery! I bargin with myself "go to the gym, then you can eat that cake" ect, which, if you think about it is sort of counter productive.

Help?
Old 22-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Master
Um, I don't do new year resolutions anymore...I've learned that I continually am learning new things, new methods, information about what we eat is changing ~ what we know about things is always being updated. One thing I'm learning about things and myself is that as long as I take the proper supplements and vitamins, I don't need all that food. I'm realizing I need to change my mindset and my ideas about what is really necessary and focus more on that than on 'rewarding' myself with food that really has no place (maybe just a much tinier place) in my life and life style. That is, if I want to live a longer and at least a healthier life. I'm into it, although I still have those days. I often use those little energy shots in the morning, but not everyday and it seems to help. I do EFT which helps me immensely (Emotional Freedom Technique).

Old 23-02-2012, 02:05 AM
Master
orli... When we lose our motivation it's mostly likely because our energies are out of balance and just will power won't do it.

A simple way to get yourself cleared and balanced so you can go ahead as you want to is MIR-Method. There's a website by that name, and a thread in this forum: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=29467

Xan

Old 23-02-2012, 02:17 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by orli_the_owl

So, how do you keep going??

The only thing that works for me at the moment is bribery! I bargin with myself "go to the gym, then you can eat that cake" ect, which, if you think
about it is sort of counter productive.

Help?

I easily agree with Silvergirl! This isn't about mind over matter, this is more about exploring oneself, about exploring the benefits of breaking new
ground.. about separating ones consciousness from the herd-of-repetitive-numbness and energetically dancing into the light of a far-more refreshing
way of being!

Here's what this looks like.... don't bother "trying" to "stop" doing anything... just do what you've always done, only, while doing so,
explore... light your curious nature... just move in a good direction and then watch what takes shape while doing so....

Just pick a subject.... learn about sweeteners... learn about sugars and artificial sweeteners

http://search.mercola.com/search/pages/results.aspx?k=sugar
http://search.mercola.com/search/pages/Results.aspx?k=aspartame

(I'm using Dr Mercola's site for this example, cause it's incredible!... but a google search will bear comparable results)...

In the process of educating yourself you'll likely find a need to respond to what you're learning.... in this way you'd be changing your habits in the
spirit of "want" based on "knowing"... instead of wasting your time trying to push yourself to do things based souly on force...

Do this with all things that you're thinking need changing... take your time... I've been actively approaching things within myself, in this last year,
and in this way, and have completely revamped my diet, have learned tons about the way the medical community puts things together.. and have a
workable knowledge of the Raw, Paleo, GAP and PH approaches to dietary recommendations, and the accompanying wisdom's embedded in each..
once you get the hang of leaning-steadily into "knowing" then the habits that you're looking to adapt will follow naturally and within comfortable-context...

Just get the ball rolling and follow where it takes you... it sure beats the heck out of forcing oneself, to do something, based vaguely on something, that's not
really backed by anything, and that's ambiguous at best...

Follow curiosity... let that be your guide... do so with explorational fun and you simply won't recognize yourself by this time next year.... :^)