Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 20-02-2012, 10:56 PM
ArianHawk

Depression, Eating Disorders...

Do you think Wicca could help?
Has anyone suffered from depression for a long time and followed their path to Paganism (or other religions!) and grown happier and found themselves in a better mental state?

Blessings,

Arian Hawk
Old 22-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Cherub T

I'm not sure of your situation. Perhaps taking time to find yourself and if you are drawn to paganism and it makes you feel better then read up a bit more.
Take time for yourself, not to try and have religion as a distraction. Some people use religion or other substances as escapism.

Don't know if this helps, just wanted to reply.

Healing thoughts x
Old 22-02-2012, 09:12 PM
DebbyM

You could also consider your diet as a source of depression. Thyroid issues are seriously agravated by the wrong foods and the thyroid effects mood. Also if you have any digestive problems that would hinder the absorption of B12 and B12 deficiency is also a cause for mood disorders. Just a thought.
Old 23-02-2012, 12:08 AM
orli_the_owl

Like they say above it depends upon the cause of your depression; if it's lack of direction or meaning in your life then prehaps religion will help, if it's an emotional or situational problem then therapy is likely to be the best answer, if it's a simple lack of seratonin for no obvious reason then look for a dietry cause and do some exercise (just a gentle walk will do, no need to hardcore the gym if that's not your thing) to release those happy endorphins. And of course there are anti depressants but they treat the symptom rather than the cause in my eyes, but they are a means to an end as they will raise you enough to give you the right mind set to evaluate the problem and do something about it.
I tried a combo of therapy, diet, exercise and weirdly, accupuncture, and found that to be very effective; two weeks of that and I was feelig better, 6 weeks of accu and I was right as rain!

Good luck!
Old 23-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Master
Arian... There are energy healing methods that are very effective for the kinds of problems you are having.

One is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques which uses acupressure points along with healing affirmations. You could check it out at http://EFTuniverse.com

Another is The Healing Code, which is even simpler and can be learned from the book by that name. Chapter 10 is the 'how to' one, and the rest of the book is a very good read.

Xan

Old 24-02-2012, 09:10 PM
ArianHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub T
I'm not sure of your situation. Perhaps taking time to find yourself and if you are drawn to paganism and it makes you feel better then read up a bit more.
Take time for yourself, not to try and have religion as a distraction. Some people use religion or other substances as escapism.

Don't know if this helps, just wanted to reply.

Healing thoughts x

Hi there, thanks for replying :)

Yeah I agree with you. I'm just taking my time and getting library books out reading up on it. I know that the Wiccan Rede is: An' it harm none, Do what ye will
But I'm also aware of people in the world, being depressed, self harming, or other self destructive ways, thats harming themselves, and if Wicca helped them to stop harming themselves.

Not sure if this makes sense, but thanks for your reply. :)

Arian Hawk
Old 24-02-2012, 09:13 PM
ArianHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
You could also consider your diet as a source of depression. Thyroid issues are seriously agravated by the wrong foods and the thyroid effects mood. Also if you have any digestive problems that would hinder the absorption of B12 and B12 deficiency is also a cause for mood disorders. Just a thought.

Hi thanks for the reply,

I didn't actually say it was me with depression or anything. But I don't have any ongoing health issues which would trouble my mood anyway.
I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me how their path with Wicca is whilst they had an illness such as depression or another destructive ways, seeing as the Wiccan Rede is "An' it harm none, Do what ye will"

Blessings,

Arian Hawk
Old 24-02-2012, 09:14 PM
ArianHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by orli_the_owl
Like they say above it depends upon the cause of your depression; if it's lack of direction or meaning in your life then prehaps religion will help, if it's an emotional or situational problem then therapy is likely to be the best answer, if it's a simple lack of seratonin for no obvious reason then look for a dietry cause and do some exercise (just a gentle walk will do, no need to hardcore the gym if that's not your thing) to release those happy endorphins. And of course there are anti depressants but they treat the symptom rather than the cause in my eyes, but they are a means to an end as they will raise you enough to give you the right mind set to evaluate the problem and do something about it.
I tried a combo of therapy, diet, exercise and weirdly, accupuncture, and found that to be very effective; two weeks of that and I was feelig better, 6 weeks of accu and I was right as rain!

Good luck!

Thanks for your input, i'm glad it worked for you!

Blessings,

Arian Hawk

Old 24-02-2012, 09:17 PM
ArianHawk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Arian... There are energy healing methods that are very effective for the kinds of problems you are having.

One is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques which uses acupressure points along with healing affirmations. You could check it out at http://EFTuniverse.com

Another is The Healing Code, which is even simpler and can be learned from the book by that name. Chapter 10 is the 'how to' one, and the rest of the book is a very good read.

Xan

Its not me personally having these problems, but I will definatley recommend this to anyone who needs this help!

Thankyou,

Blessings,

Arian Hawk