Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Master
Nausea in middle of the night

Hey guys... I don't think I've ever posted here before, but I experience something that only occurs about once a month (no, not menstrual cycle, lol ). I'm a restless sleeper, so I wake up and toss and turn frequently over the course of the night. Well, occasionally, I'll sit up to turn over (after sleeping a few hours), only to be afflicted by nausea so bad it feels like I'm about to puke. I'll literally have to lie there for a few minutes with my hand clamped over my mouth to make sure I don't actually vomit.

I googled this, but so many people experience it for different reasons that it's hard to narrow down the possibilities. It only happens about once a month, and only when I sit up after sleeping for a few hours. Has anyone experienced something like this? What do you guys think it could be? I read one of the possibilities is related to digestion... that eating a few hours before bed can cause it. I suppose that could be the case, since I do nibble on things a few hours before sleeping, but... any ideas?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Master
Evaah... If it were me I would get checked out by a doctor. It could be something that should be treated before it gets worse. Or maybe not.

Xan

Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Master
Very good advice ~ it sounds like it could be related to the inner ear ~ the sudden sitting up combined with being in the dark could cause some sort of temporary vertigo...but yeah, go see your doc, Evaah.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Master
I don't "have" one. Our family doesn't have health insurance, because we've found that we're relatively careful and healthful people. Nothing's happened to any of us over the past fifteen years that required medical assistance. We were basically paying for nothing, so we dropped it.

My worries with going to a doctor:
1.) I'd go just to find out nothing's wrong, and end up paying for nothing.
2.) The doc would give me a false diagnosis and prescribe me with some sort of drug when in fact nothing's wrong.

Number 2 actually happened to my mom, who went to one of those "free checkup" clinics. The doc there told her she had whatever issue and prescribed a drug for it, but she didn't feel as though he was right, so she instead went to an alternative medicine doc associated with her massage school; that guy gave her the right diagnosis and a more natural treatment.

Silver, that's what I feel it is. Some sort of vertigo. Digesting belly + sitting up suddenly in the dark. If it happened every week, I'd be more concerned, but since it happens once a month or so, I don't feel as though a doc visit is necessary. I do have some IBS symptoms (irritable bowel syndrome), but it only reacts when I eat certain foods. I'm thinking this might also have something to do with it.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Master
Maybe it would be worthwhile to make a food journal and see if you can figure out if a specific food / drink could be a cause or partial cause...

Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Maybe it would be worthwhile to make a food journal and see if you can figure out if a specific food / drink could be a cause or partial cause...

I'm thinking it might also be food-related. I just had a chat with mom (since I told her about this) and we think my poor diet may be part of the cause. I do eat fruits & veggies and other "good stuff," but not as often as I should be... because I'm struggling with weaning myself off - despite me wanting to ditch all the processed **** I've been eating.

However, my mom and I are about to start a raw food diet (she's taking it more seriously than I am because she's at home all day and can eat this kind of stuff without worrying about scarfing down something quick in between classes )... so I'm going to see if this diet has an effect on this random nausea issue.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Master
If you've ever gone to a chiropractor, it's pretty amazing what they can do. Another suggestion I think is worth a shot.