Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 29-01-2012, 11:50 AM
hoonsince89

Society and mental health....

I have been under going rapid spiritual transformation over the past few years, It has been a wild ride and has completely changed my life. But their is one major obstacle i am yet to solve.

I am not happy living in this society. Period.

I cant stand my job. I am always treated unfairly and never rewarded for my hard efforts.
I have 2 choices:

work- which consumes my life, slowly destroys my body and still, I only scrape buy, never having any time to enjoy the finer things of life.

or not work- and loose everything i've worked for.

I recently quit because i couldn't handle it anymore and it still feels like the right thing to do. But know i am loosing my house (renting) and soon my car. Not that these things mean much to me, but how i am supposed to just enjoy the experience of life.
It sickens me that society works this way.

Im so over all the greed in this world. I have no money and yet i still find that few dollars to help someone out, every one can live a life they wanted but because of greed, it remains in imagination.

How do you people deal with this emotionally?

I probably sound depressed and suicidal when your reading this, but im not. I live by my heart, so it always supports me, Its just my thoughts. Sorry if this comes across as a useless rant lol.

I also wrote a song from these feelings if your interested...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8a9b6PThHo
Old 29-01-2012, 01:44 PM
DebbyM

I can identify with a lot of what you've said here. I look at the world around us, the greed, the willingness to cause pain in pursuit of 'what is wanted' as opposed to what is needed and all of the issues that fall in line behind those 'wants' (pharmaceutical treachery, governmental abuses, food piracy, war mongering, etc.) and I'm just appalled. And while there are spots of brilliance and light scattered amongst the filth, it sometimes seems overwhelmed by the pain.

But I think that our mistake is to focus on that suffering because we don't want to give power to it. Focus instead on those small acts of kindness, your kindnesses, others goodness and we can empower it instead.

If you look back over the records of history, you can see that we humans are making progress. Once upon a time, a certain church had no problem with putting people on the rack or hanging, drawing and quartering them or burning them at the stake in order to get conversions and confessions. And these were often done publicly and the people accepted it. Once upon a time, it was accepted by even the educated, that tying a rope around a small boys waist and then sending him up a chimney to clean it out was ok. The rope was so that if he got stuck or died in the chimney, his body could be pulled out. Once upon a time it was acceptable to use animals including our closest relatives, the chimps, in egregious and painful experiments. Once upon a time, it was considered acceptable entertainment to pit one animal against another in a fighting ring.

But now, there are laws against dog fighting and **** fighting. One region of Spain has banned bull-fighting. There is a bill before Congress to ban experimentation on chimps ( a move by the way, that happened in Europe several years ago) and more and more people are beginning to question even how food animals are tormented and abused. Children are not sent up chimney's and the church has given up its efforts to torture people into obedience. And people in the Occupy Movement have begun to let the 'lords of the land' know that treating us like **** is simply not acceptable. Everyone deserves a fair kick at the can if you know what I mean.

So things are improving. Humanity is beginning to wake up. People like you and me, who see the vileness but deliberately focus on the kindness and what 'should be' are part of that change. Our refusal to go along with what has been status quo is part of that. It happens slower than we would like, but it is happening and the important thing is to keep on being the change that you would like to see.

Remember this, those awful people who do the things that cause you pain, may be part of the change that is needed, in a year, or maybe two, or maybe next week. We have all got skeletons in our closets, things that we're not proud of and no longer do. And if you and I can grow and change, so can the rest of the world. I spent a number of years beings profoundly 'in hate with the world' but it's finally shifting and while I'm not 'in love with the world' yet, I'm heading in the right direction. That makes me feel good because it means there is one less source of hate in the world.

The change that the world needs happens one person at a time. So don't loose heart.
Old 29-01-2012, 02:28 PM
DebbyM

PS: The one other life-line that I hang on to is this: I've been doing a LOT of reading about near death experiences, Robert Monroes writings and dabbled in a few books on Quantum physics, and I'm convinced that this life is a brief moment in our 'life' experiences and there are truly fabulous things to look forward to.
Old 30-01-2012, 01:26 AM
hoonsince89

Thank you for you reply Debb, It lifted some weight off me.
I try focus on the kindness but sometimes get swepped away by the hurricane of ****!

Robert monroe has made some interesting findings. Although he is much more experienced in that field than me, i have experienced some of the things he talks about and can validate that we are only in kindergarten on earth in regards to the universe.
Thanks..
Old 30-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Master
myself I am on a disability pension for mental illness and physical damage from a shot gun injury, I am very happy the way I am, I don't get much money but still I live like a king compared to third world countries. I had a house that I lost also, and i'm glad I lost it, it would have taken years to pay it off, now I have no worries about all that ****. Yes life is so much better, I can do all the things that I always wanted to do, yes its great.
Old 30-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Master
hoon... You know that love supports you spiritually and emotionally.

Now you can discover how love will support you materially as well.

There really is no difference, except in our minds.

Trust in life itself is the key, and deeper trusting.

Xan

Old 30-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Master
Yes I have followed the guide line of what Xan has shared, and this is what made my life so happy to do what I have done, as I have shared in the above.
Old 30-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Master
Yes... In giving up our ideas about society and how things work, according to our conditioning... in surrendering into and living as pure being... there arises a whole new way of being in the world --- with evidence of good timing, and brilliant solution ideas, and finding yourself doing the right thing at the right time without planning, and surprising blessings coming around more and more.

Xan

Old 30-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Skins_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonsince89
I have been under going rapid spiritual transformation over the past few years, It has been a wild ride and has completely changed my life. But their is one major obstacle i am yet to solve.

I am not happy living in this society. Period.

I cant stand my job. I am always treated unfairly and never rewarded for my hard efforts.
I have 2 choices:

work- which consumes my life, slowly destroys my body and still, I only scrape buy, never having any time to enjoy the finer things of life.

or not work- and loose everything i've worked for.

I recently quit because i couldn't handle it anymore and it still feels like the right thing to do. But know i am loosing my house (renting) and soon my car. Not that these things mean much to me, but how i am supposed to just enjoy the experience of life.
It sickens me that society works this way.

Im so over all the greed in this world. I have no money and yet i still find that few dollars to help someone out, every one can live a life they wanted but because of greed, it remains in imagination.

How do you people deal with this emotionally?

I probably sound depressed and suicidal when your reading this, but im not. I live by my heart, so it always supports me, Its just my thoughts. Sorry if this comes across as a useless rant lol.

I also wrote a song from these feelings if your interested...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8a9b6PThHo

I get what you are saying, I've experienced quite a time myself in the past decade. And maybe instead of giving up work altogether, perhaps do some soul searching and maybe after that go to school to learn another trade. School has been a saving grace for me during this period.
Old 16-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Master
I am just learning about spirituality yet and more recently began discovering the sorts of things that are really going on.. I am saddened and sick of it too.. but at the same time I guess I am finding more beauty and richness in the world..
I do believe love will prevail over all..

very cool video! love the visual and normally I don't care a lot for music without words but I honestly enjoyed this very much. I'll check out the others you posted