Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 19-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Master
Alternative ways of diagnosing

Have had some nerve prob for going on four years now, doctors unable to diagnose (or unwilling) was wondering if anyone knew of any alternative ways of diagnosing probs (doesn't have to be spiritualism based)
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''

I am pretty certain this is my problem (please see link)

(((((Sorry cannott post link until I make fifteen posts so if you wish to search via

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/15/how-to-avoid-the-most-dangerous-side-effect-of-veganism.as ))))))

The docs knew I was veggie (20yrs) and also a drinker but had never been prescribed B12 supplements, was given B vits but they contained no B12 and I do not even know if I am getting adequate now as I take time release ones which I buy and it appears you need a spray for under tongue, injections or to eat certain meat products.

Years of drinking and veggie diet would lead to nerve damage, I think I need to demand a scan/neurology next time I go and get some B12 spray.

The doctors have never suggested these and sent me to a psychologist/psychyatrist instead seemingly to try and convince me it is only health anxiety

I have six more sessons left with Psychologist/Psychyatrist regards health anxiety, but this condition is not going to go away even if I totally get rid of all my anxiety connected to it.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Master
If you go to an alternative doc/nutrition type doctor, they can take hair sample and blood of course, and figure out what sort of things your body isn't presently getting enough of and then they take it from there.

Old 19-02-2012, 09:33 PM
lemongrass

Podshell,
I will check out Dr Mercola's website. What are your symptoms? When you say nerv problem, do mean just mentally or do you have physical nerve problems (like tingling pain in arms or legs). Did the doctor do a blood test to check for b12 level? If you are going to take B12 orally then you should use the tablets that disolve under the tongue. Injections work faster. Off to find the site you are talking about.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Master
Reply to SL.....................Oh yes I will have a check see if there are any locally that do that, I had an hair analysis done over 25yrs ago and it seemed to be pretty good, said I needed extra Vit C and to take papain enzyme.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass
Podshell,
I will check out Dr Mercola's website. What are your symptoms? When you say nerv problem, do mean just mentally or do you have physical nerve problems (like tingling pain in arms or legs). Did the doctor do a blood test to check for b12 level? If you are going to take B12 orally then you should use the tablets that disolve under the tongue. Injections work faster. Off to find the site you are talking about.

Yes I get nerve problems of tingling etc some of which have cleared up since ** prescribed, bit confusing really as the docs ** do not have full range and I was getting ill and experimenting on self, dissolving ones under tongue etc, so may have confused blood tests as they thought my B12 was OK.

Was not made aware of it being essential to take ** as I had been an heavy drinker for going on thirty years and veggie for twenty, I ended up in hospital about four years ago and that is when the B supplements were mentioned, a great improvement occured, but then other probs cropped up, then started experimenting and in recent months have been taking high doses of time release ** plus small dose under tongue and also use Yellow Dock herb, have felt better than have ever felt in last four years, but feel as if there is nerve damage and also get some minor nerve attacks , nothing like previously though