Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-01-2012, 04:32 PM
DebbyM

Geeze Stephen, I'm going to have to quit talking to you! Every time I do, the number of foods that are available to me, get smaller and smaller and.....!

I guess that I have to look at it like this (sort of like you and your coffee), in every way that I possibly can, I am eating more healthy than 95% of the world population. I've cut out the most egregious and reduced other things to a minimum. My intake of raw foods has doubled in the last few weeks and over time, I think that will increase as I advance along the learning curve. I exercise almost every day of the week and I have a stress free life now that I'm retired and my kids are grown and gone. So while some are having a coffee a couple times a day (phytic acid with your caffeine anyone?), I have to hope that I will survive if I cook quinoa(after a 24 hour presoak and rinse) a couple times a week.

The thought of living on romaine lettuce and raw and cooked carrots just fills me with despair. After all, there are only so many ways to make those interesting and yummy and gosh, I've got at least 30 years to go here. So yeah, the quinoa will probably stay, at least for the short run. But it's good to know and I'll be on the look out for a replacement.
Old 25-01-2012, 08:45 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Geeze Stephen, I'm going to have to quit talking to you! Every time I do, the number of foods that are available to me, get smaller and smaller and.....!

Heeeheee I can totally relate!! This journey into healthy eating is at first quite the mess!!

By all means feel free to eat quinoa! All-the-while keep your eye out for other options... as you mentioned. :^) My wife and I went back to eating
a little bit of meat! Talk about something that's controversial! We did clean up our meaty intake by only going with grass fed beef and organically
grown chickens... absolutely no anti-biotics. Half the people I'm studying right now could spend hours telling us what's wrong with that choice... at
which point we'd click over to the Paleo folks and defer to their knowledge on the subject!

The big thing with all this is "optimal health". I feel I had been "healthy" most of my life (in my early twenties I bicycled from Washington state, to Florida,
via LA... and managed to remain very active as a home builder and a participant in the trades) I "thought" that I was "healthy" through much of
that time but none of that compares to how I feel now. I currently feel like I'm "connected". As though being "grounded" is now normal, natural and
complete. I keep thinking it can't get any better than this, but as my system cleans up and I add newly discovered items and ways to prepare
them this whole feeling just keeps deepening and maturing.

It's this process of optimum health that's currently riveting my interest. Not to mention this really, really, really cool exposure of being treated to
the newest emerging science-findings within the nutritional field. The old versions of vegetarianism, vegan, is being completely revamped into the
newer understandings now going by the name of "Raw Foods", Ph balancing" and "Primal Living (Paleo)" and then alongside all this, live folks like David
Wolfe, who is blazing the trail with raw food and super food discoveries.

It has been observed that it takes roughly 15 years for the most current information to make it's way into clinical practice within the medical
industry. But with the internet we no longer need to wait! The food related discoveries are emerging from modern science is stepping firmly
around this lag time and landing quickly at our door-step. Doctors will have to be doing eventually what we're able to learn today.. because the
science involved is emerging directly from the studies from within their own field.

So keep studying, and don't assume that what you know today will last long... it could be that in a fairly short time you could be drowning in really
good choices! My wife and I are just beginning to turn in the direction of "can eats" ... and figure it may take a year yet before we're truly up to
speed... in the mean time we're deeply enjoying this healthy difference.. and are eagerly looking forward to what dreams may come! :^)