Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-04-2024, 01:09 PM
Master

Christianity and healing

I need a little help in understanding how the main Christian churches relate to healing.

On one hand: The religion is literally founded on a healer's life and death. There have been lots of healing related miracles on which sainthoods have been been made. And there is probably no known number of how many hospitals and nursing homes have been instituted by christian groups the last two millenniums.

On the other hand: For a long time, performing healing miracles could be a death sentence if it was considered witchcraft. Also I have not heard of any higher clergy doing healing this side of the middle ages. I am well aware of a long list of TV preachers doing healing but they are normally not exactly part of the main church leaderships.

My problem is, I have not had any formal religious training, I don't know the corners of the books and dogmas where this is discussed, and I am at a point where I wish I knew more. Can anyone fill me in a bit on where official christianity stands on this THESE DAYS?
Old 07-04-2024, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I need a little help in understanding how the main Christian churches relate to healing.

I personally have recieved healing from Christians and know plenty of others you also have. My Local Hospital has Christian Healers which you can request to visit you at the Ward you are being treated in. Some Christian Churches in my home City have Healing Sessions frequently..
Old 07-04-2024, 02:17 PM
It is a confusing subject from denomination to denomination.
I know people kicked out of their church (Baptist) for questioning and then believing in healing or laying on of hands!!

The Charismatics are the ones that Baptize in the Holy Spirit, Pray in Tongues and do mind boggling healings.

John G. Lakes and Smith Wigglesworth are lesser known healers ...
Kathryn Kuhlman...all must reads. imo.
Many biographies about them..first hand ones.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2024, 02:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I personally have recieved healing from Christians and know plenty of others you also have. My Local Hospital has Christian Healers which you can request to visit you at the Ward you are being treated in. Some Christian Churches in my home City have Healing Sessions frequently..

That is amazing. I have heard of no such thing in my country. But it could be there are, and they are keeping it on the lowdown to make sure noone hostile to the idea goes absolutely ballistic.

My sole knowledge of this in my country is that a very respected healer was given a job as sexton in a local church where he had good relations with the priest, and subsequently was given a little side room where he could receive those who came more for him than for the sermon. The church was literally full every sunday. While he never had another religious job in that church, the entire (Lutheran) church here, then the state religion and church, always supported what he did unofficially. They were not alone in that; even our royalty consulted him, and so did about 60 000 other people including my mom. Officially he was never a theme. I consider him a major exception and have never heard of any other healer working with the church here. But it did happen.
Old 07-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Master

WhiteW. You can get healing from most spiritual churches.
Old 07-04-2024, 04:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Which would that be? If you have a name I can google it, see what they offer.
Old 07-04-2024, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Which would that be? If you have a name I can google it, see what they offer.
I'd like to know too! As I said - Charismatic Churches...let's see - other names could be Pentecostal,
Assembly of God .Christian Scientists.
Not sure if Spiritualist Churches 'activate' spiritual healing or physical healings, tho.

But - I don't know, in the USA, of a Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Episcopal, Catholic Church that I could go
to and have a Minister or Priest place his hand on my head and 'do' a healing.

It is the non-denominationals ---maybe found in an empty furniture store in a strip mall in the USA...or a
Conference type room in a hotel. ...where a Minister, with 30 people there, will do that!!!
I've been to them, I know.
And to huge Charismatic Churches that have Altar Calls ...and Prayer Ministers will line the front....and lines form, queues....and
they 'do' healings thru the Holy Spirit.

These places exist - at least here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2024, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

Yes, in our SC there's Healing Sessions twice a week...
Old 08-04-2024, 05:58 AM
Master

WhitW. I can’t help you there because I live in a different country.

All you have to do is google…..”Spiritual Church (then type in your area)”. If you dont get any coming up, then type in a few areas that are quite close to you.

I have been to a few of them in the past and it was a lovely peaceful experience.

I would highly recommend them.
Old 08-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Master

I have dug around a little. Seems like I could be in luck. There's some kind of free churches here in Norway after all with a decidedly spiritual theme. They have local groups here and there, and do stuff like healing and mediumship and house cleansing. Typically they are in the big cities and I am not. However there IS going to be a local mediumship meeting here in a couple of weeks. I might go to that. I don't really need medium help but I might meet some spiritual people face to face for once.