Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 AM
autumn

Vitamin D

77% of Americans are deficient in Vitamin D. It's one of the most important vitamins to take to avoid flu. It is also essential for people who suffer from SAD.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:40 AM
autumn

Spiritlite posted a ton of info on Vitamin D in this thread:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6401
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Master
And VitD and Magnesium are good for bone-building.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Master
I take Vit D about 6,000 iu's everyday, and magnesium supplement everyday. I have been around so many sick people the past month, so has my husband and we have NOT been sick once. And we swear it's the Vitamin D, you have to take it on a full stomach for it to be effective. Please read the link in the above post it has tons of info about Vit. D.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Master
Vit D deficiency is a big concern for those with darker skins in more northern climates. It's also really important for babies to have it (especially breastfed babies) because of the bone building and forming factors. My doctor told me that 15 mins of daylight a day is enough to get your daily Vit D.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Master
Kaere that's very much determined upon where you live. I live in the north and so even if I get 15 minutes of sunlight it's not enough for Vit. D, there was a book published I want to say 6 months ago about Vit. D it was amazing because it explained different part of the countries and type and amount of Vit. D etc. I have to take supplements, and I still do take supplements but not as much in the winter during the summer, as I swim in the summer for 45 minutes.
Spiritlite.
Also guys there is a blood test that can test for your levels of Vit. D if you see a doc go ahead and ask for the test.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:25 AM
Master
Yeah, I live in Northern Alberta - that's where my doctor told me that 15 mins is good for me. I'm happy with that.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Master
That's cool Kaere.... :)
Spiritlite.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Vitamin D3 -actually is best.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Master
Yep D3 is the best :)
Spiritlite.