Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Visions of swan

Has anyone else seen visions of swan particularly in connection to a new or ongoing relationship? I have just started seeing someone and in conjunction with this I'm having visions of swan. Wondered if this had happened to anyone else. I believe the swan is meant to be a wonderful totem.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:22 PM
nightowl

Swan, Power Animal, Symbol of Inner Grace, Balance, Commitment

By Ina Woolcott

Swan's Wisdom Includes awakening the power of self, balance, grace, inner beauty, innocence, self-esteem, understanding dream symbols, seeing into the future, understanding spiritual, evolution, developing intuitive abilities, divination, grace in dealing with others and commitment.

Swan represents grace and beauty on many levels. It is associated with love, poetry and music. The swan was sacred to Venus, the love goddess in Roman mythology. The swan was often pictured singing to a lyre in Greek tradition. In Celtic tradition the Swan represents the Soul, our eternal essence.

The Swan is one of the most ancient and powerful power animals. The Irish bards were both poets and musicians, and wore cloaks made with swan feathers. Also in the Irish tale about the Children of Lir, who were turned into swans and sang so sweetly that all who heard them were put at ease and slept peacefully. These 2 examples along with other Celtic legends of the humans shape shifting into swans highlights the deepest meaning of Swan medicine.

The Ugly Duckling is a widely known children story, about an apparently ugly little duckling, who doesn't look like the others and is rejected and labelled a misfit, different. In the end all are surprised when he grows into being the most elegant of birds, the swan. This highlights the deceptive nature of first appearances and also reminds us that true beauty grows from within. The Swan teaches us that we all have inner grace and beauty, and this teaches us self-esteem. As we begin to realise our own true beauty, we reveal the ability to bridge new realms and new powers.

Swan will show one how to firmly rely on the beauty of ones being as it works in the physical and spiritual planes. One will be impelled to happy and grateful of and for the physical body and our intuitive mind.

Grace doesn’t mean only the ability to live a balanced life, it is also being able to be at home in many planes of reality, to see that we are more than we appear to be - we are both physical and spiritual beings. We are souls having a human experience.

Not only does the swan reveal to you your own inner beauty, but also that of others. A Swans graceful entering into your life signals a time of altered states of awareness and the development of intuitive abilities, for those with this medicine have the inherent ability to see the future, and to accept the healing and change that is starting in their lives. Accept this and it will help you go with the flow. Listen to your inner knowledge and intuitions and Swan will work through you. The Swan's voice teaches the mysteries of song and poetry, for these touch our inner child and also our inner beauty.

Swan gracefully glide through the water leaving hardly a ripple behind. Their natural, effortless beauty reminds us to move gently through the currents of life and not fight against them. Swans do not dive into the water like other birds when feeding. Rather, they skim the water dipping their long necks and heads in and out. Water is linked with the feminine intuition and emotion. By following swans example we learn how to view our emotions without getting trapped by them. Our intuition helps us comprehend our feelings and the swan helps us process them.

Swans mate for life. When choosing a mate mutual bill dipping or head-to-head posturing are involved. They are dedicated partners. Us humans often make commitments we can’t keep. By following swans lead we will begin to respect what we have chosen and to follow things through. Honouring our commitments increase personal integrity.

Swans are VERY fast fliers, they fly in V formations at great heights during migration. Their wings beat slowly but steadily, lending them the endurance required reach their destination without tiring. If this is your power animal you have the same ability and should apply the swans movements when pursuing something. The large wings of the swan in the sky gather and store knowledge from Great Spirit. Their white plumage reminds us of the dazzling beauty and innocence found in the purity of Great Spirit, and their long graceful necks act as a bridge between the ordinary and the extra-ordinary. This bridge holds the wisdom for spiritual realisation.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Wow lovely info Nighowl thank you!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Master

I saw your post, didn't know anything about it so wandered off. A few minutes later while investigating something else I came upon something about swan symbolism. I don't usually think these things are coincidences anymore so here's the link. Swan is talked about on the top of the second page.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11441835/T...lchemical-Work
Old 10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Great link In Progress thanks. Interesting especially as the other day i saw what looked like a Phoneix as well. This didn't come after speaking to my boyfriend though!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Master
Swan makes me think of the story of the ugly duckling. Something beautiful coming out of something "ordinary" (depending on who's looking of course).

Old 11-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Ah very true Kaere, thanks for the thought. I have noticed that many of my visions, and indeed my dreams, have more than one meaning. Usually there are several.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
tordenfugl

Last winther there was a huge young orphan swanboy outside the house I'm working at by the sea. And me and one of my colleague called a birdrescue guy and he told us to feed him trough the winther because he could not fly. (A couple of weeks before we met this swan, I got a swan as healing power animal.) And after a week, bouth of us were going away for the weekend and one other colleague said he was going to take care of the swan, because he lived in his boat not far away from work. And the weekend after, when the boat colleague was gonna take care of the swan, he got drunk and fell of the boat and drowned:( And we nobody at work saw the swan after that drowning until the spring.
So I don't think this sad story were coincidence and swans are powerful animals.
You mention swans in new and ongoing relationships. This colleague who drowned was actually kind of an ***. Maybe just because he almost always were drunk. But when he said he was taking care of the swan, he really earned lots of respect from us.