Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 19-09-2011, 12:03 AM
njbr1111

Reiki 1 - Feeling heat

I've been recently attuned at level 1, and when even thinking about reiki my hands as well as Solar Plexus (especially my Solar Plexus) get fairly warm. When doing reiki on others the back of my kneck and between my shoulder blades also get very warm (feels like a sweat breaking out).

Is this all expected and normal, or only because I've been recently attuned ?

thanks,
njbr.
Old 19-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Medium_Laura

very normal. Not just because you are recently attuned. I am a 2nd degree and I've been doing Reiki for over 8 years, my hands STILL heat up when I do my symbols on my hands :) It's called energy :)
Old 19-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Gracey

i dont do reiki but the way i take away my own pain is by heat generated by me. i generate the heat where ever i need to.
Old 19-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbr1111
I've been recently attuned at level 1, and when even thinking about reiki my hands as well as Solar Plexus (especially my Solar Plexus) get fairly warm. When doing reiki on others the back of my kneck and between my shoulder blades also get very warm (feels like a sweat breaking out).

Is this all expected and normal, or only because I've been recently attuned ?

Absolutely normal. If you keep at it, the warmth will grow, and you'll be comfortable with it.
Old 19-09-2011, 12:12 PM
njbr1111

thanks everyone.

What kind of symptoms should the patient feel ? My wife says she could feel heat (was expected) but she also said she could feel what felt like waves coming from my hands.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:49 PM
pre-dawn

There is no should. Things are as they are. Feeling something or not feeling something is the same. There is nothing that could be added by your, or the client's feelings, even less by their interpretation.

This is a radical position. Reiki is radical. A Reiki practitioner worth his salt understands this.
Old 20-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbr1111
What kind of symptoms should the patient feel ? My wife says she could feel heat (was expected) but she also said she could feel what felt like waves coming from my hands.

Like pre-dawn said, there's no "should" regarding what Reiki feels like to the recipient. Don't go in with expectations on what the recipient will be feeling. The recipient will feel/receive what they need.

Here's an example. When I was at a Reiki class a while back, we were giving Reiki to each other as practice. For me, when I give Reiki, I get very heated up with all of the energy. When it came time for me to get on the table, I would've loved a fan to cool down. Not surprisingly, when I started receiving the Reiki, it felt like someone was placing a cool-pack on me. It felt great and was what I needed. However, the person giving was startled because she thought Reiki was always supposed to be warm, or heat. Instead of warmth, she felt coolness flowing and thought she was doing something wrong. Needless to say, she was confused until I explained to her.

So, what I'm saying is don't go in with preset expectations on things. Just let the Reiki happen and it will all work out the way it should.