Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 11-04-2011, 06:48 PM
lennonsdoll

what is the TF mirror?

can someone please explain to me the TF mirror concept? like how their inner traits are reflected back to you? i don't really understand it. thanks :)
peace and love.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:15 PM
chartreuse

Well, here is my understanding of it, based in part on what I've read and on my own experience. Note that I don't believe that my connection is a TF connection, but rather a soulmate, regardless, I did experience what I understand to be the "mirror" effect. Also, note that I did not know about the mirror effect before I started experiencing it.

Basically, it's like having the current state of your being reflected back at you - good and bad - but for whatever reason it seems the bad are what you notice. Parts of your personality, habits, relationships that aren't serving you, etc., that you've never really been motivated to address before suddenly become things you can't ignore.

This started happening for me before I ever even had the true, in-the-physical moment of connection because he first came into my life in the form of a daytime (as opposed to dreaming) premonition, where I lived for just a couple of seconds a time when we were already together.

The premonition left me feeling wonderful, but over the next several months (and I only put this together much later, looking back at everything), parts of my life became intolerable. I could no longer lie to myself, for instance, that the reason I'd struggled so much with focus and motivation was just because I wasn't working the right job. I became quickly unable to believe the lie, and instead finally (a couple of decades overdue) addressed the real (medical) cause of the issue.

I also found that my then-relationship, which was already way past its expiration date, became intolerable. Previously I had wanted to leave, but always told myself that the good (practical benefits) outweighed the bad, and it was easy to tell myself that when I didn't really care enough about myself to go. But suddenly I started seeing things a LOT more clearly.

My tastes in food changed - for awhile I couldn't eat meat at all, and although I do eat some now, its far less than I used to. I also, weirdly, suddenly became really intolerant of having any "taste" in my mouth (like, say, coffee) after the fact. Not sure what that's about. I also had been quite neglectful of my appearance, both weight-wise and skin wise, and all of a sudden those issues were jumping out at me as well.

I went through issues with my family, too, dealing with a lot of resentment against my mom, in particular, which manifested itself in really strange ways. In addition, I started to see flaws in my own behavior not just with my family, but with people in general and with my then-partner. It's like the almost subconscious voice that used to whisper to me that the way I was behaving was right suddenly became I shout I had no chance of turning a deaf ear to.

Anyway, there's more, but you probably get the idea. It's almost more like a magnifying glass than a mirror, with the things that no longer serve you suddenly being blown up and shoved right in front of you so you can't miss them. And that's another thing - this effect isn't just in the way you perceive things - particularly when it came to my relationship, but also in other areas, outside circumstances suddenly changed to bring things more into my attention.

Hope that makes sense...again, this was just my experience and opinion; other people may have much different takes.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Master
my best friend is my soul sister ,me n her mirror one anothers lives , guaranteed wherever she is at i am also , i have another friend who i belieev to be my soul mate me and her reflect one another also esp with the tf, we both ebcame good friends when she came for a reading with me , n discovered how alike our men were , we keep eachother posted now cos when her soulmate or twin or whatever is around mine isnt n when hers cuts off mine is bk lol guaranteed it works everytime lol , my tf howveer well his life mirrors mine but so do all his feelings , and insecurities etc , i never knew of mirroring or the tf concept until last year when i told my friend he is the male version of em and we are the same person form the same soul , everything about us is almost identical even from the names of our sons etc , we both lost brothers also ,

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 AM
LadyImpreza1111

They reflect to you your good and BAD traits. They might be personality traits or just strengths and weaknesses.

Have you ever become aware of things you didn't like about yourself that you might not have paid much attention to and all of a sudden, you either decide you want to change it, or without realizing it, you notice that you actually overcame it? Thats the whole reflection thing working for you.

For starters, I knew I was lousy with saving money prior to meeting my twin but never really worked at improving it. I was just scooting by financially but when my old car broke down (alot), I always had to get help from my parents.Then last year, I suddenly had the desire to start getting smarter with money and saved quite a bit. Then I got into a car accident and my deductible was $1,000 and for the first time ever, I was able to cover the cost of my car repairs without getting help from my parents. It was a big step for me and a good habit I choose to stick with. Getting back to that point is going kinda slow for me because my hours at work were cut with it being the slow season, but I remember how much more relaxed I was when I had money saved and I definitely want to feel that way again and I will.

I also used to get irritable or short with people easily and I work retail so thats not good. And since meeting my twin, I have become far more patient and serene, and the only time I got a customer complaint was during the holidays when customers can be horrible anyway and its not necessarily because of the employee. She was mad over something that was not my fault but decided to blame me to make herself feel better. If it wasn't for her, I would have been able to say I haven't had a single complaint.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:12 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Here is another thread I posted about a similar fear my twin and I had that affected us in different ways.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=13411
Old 12-04-2011, 04:41 AM
lennonsdoll

so basically everything that makes up yourself is reflected back to you through them? because how i understand it, is that they familiar to you because you both share similar traits. i guess in my experience, he's pretty much the boy version of me. we talk the same, smile the same, have similar facial expressions. but he's also very insecure and so am i. and ever since meeting him, i feel more myself then ever. i'm finally okay with being me.

also, things have started changing in my life. i'm focusing on studying more and putting me first. i used to put everyone before myself and it wasn't working. i started doing things that i used to love to do. for instance, i sing and for awhile i put it aside, but now i'm getting back into it. and even little things, like dressing how i want to dress and listening to music i want to listen to and not feeling embarassed about it.

as far as the mirror concept, the things that i liked most about him are the things i wanted for myself, but not i realize they were already inside of me the whole time. the way he is with his friends is the way i am with mine. the way he acts with his dad is the exact same way i act with my dad. ever since meeting him, i'm not the shy, quiet one in the group. i'm the one telling the jokes and getting the positive attention. just like how he is. it's like the person that was always dying to get out has finally escaped.

did i get the concept right? i think i understand now. i hope. :)
peace!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:44 AM
LadyImpreza1111

They are familiar to you because you are looking at your own soul basically, and you have had past lives with them.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:55 PM
SpiritStarFly1

Shortly after leaving the place of work where I met my soul connection, I looked in my bathroom mirror and it was if it was him looking back at me - our eyes are very very similar in shape and colour. This led me to the stark realisation of two things: that he was my mirror - that I needed to look in the mirror and go within myself to find out who I truly am meant to be (which I am working through now). The connection has taught me to do that. Secondly, that because I look in the mirror and see his eyes (soul), we are one, and that he will always be with me (not that this makes the physical separation much more easier to handle!).

We do seem to be opposites too in relation to likes and dislikes, e.g. he hates salt whereas I love salt, he is vegetarian, I'm not etc etc (lots more examples, these are just two random ones). But then we share similarities which surprise us - our musical tastes are pretty different but the odd tune I like that I wouldnt ordinarily like, would be one of his favourites and vice versa.