Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Jakkie

Confused and in pain...

Ok, first real post on here, and its a biggie...

Im not sure where to begin, really.
It started about two months ago, on facebook. I have a friend who's family is from Columbia, and he still has some friends over there. It was completely out of the blue, when one of his friends (a girl) decided to say hello. We had never met, talked, or even knew each other existed, as far as i know. But within seconds we were chatting away quite happily (her English is very good, and she is currently teaching me Spanish. Or trying anyway 0=]. )
This continued for a couple of days before I realised that we were getting on to more intimate topics - family life, personal problems etc. It surprised me how easy it is to talk to her - Iv never talked to girls much, especially ones I dont know very well...

I have heard of the Soulmate/Twin Flame theories a few times before, but never taken them seriously. But now Im not so sure... Despite only knowing her a few months, and despite only having spoken to her on facebook, and despite the 8000km+ distance between us (Living in England), I think I love her, and I'm more certain than anything that she feels the same way about me. If the Soulmate thing is real, then It would no longer surprise me...

If I were a few years older, Id be on a plane to Cali tomorrow morning, if only to say "I love you" to her face, and see where it gets me :)...
But its always more complicated than that. Im currently in a long-lasting, if 'lukewarm' in my opinion, relationship. I dont want to hurt my current girlfriend, but I dont know what to do... Im caught in a fight between my heart and my head and it hurts, as Im sure I dont need to tell you.

Im not after a definitive solution to my problem, just someone to talk to about it...
So thank you for listening :)
Old 13-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Pathfinder
Its possible to have a twin flame that is thousands of miles away from you and that speaks a different language along with the language you speak. Mine does.
Old 13-04-2011, 08:31 PM
CJ82Sky

its also possible to find comfort and attachment and easy of talking to someone who is not in front of you face to face. there is no risk - no need to deal with them every day in your living space, in your life, in your reality. little things that often get on our nerves like bad habits, personal tics, etc., are unnoticable through the miles, and easy to mistake emotional intimacy from the safety of thousands of miles away as love.

i'm not saying you don't genuinely enjoy your time with her and that your feeling of closeness to her are false. what im suggesting is consider the reality of the situation.

it is easy to find someone perfect when all you ever have to see is the good side. so often internet friends become best friends because there is no physical interaction to interfere, and very little to argue about. what will you argue about with someone halfway across the world? money? job issues? too tired to put away the laundry tonite? breaking plans because you'd rather stay in? going out with the boys because you need some guy time? a girls nite out without you for space? none of that is necessary when safely separated by the wonderful wide world of the web.

food for thought.

perfect is the perception we hold of others. the perception of others without the physical interactions is dramatically different. (note - not physical APPEARANCE, but actual interactions)
Old 13-04-2011, 08:43 PM
chartreuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkie

Im caught in a fight between my heart and my head and it hurts, as Im sure I dont need to tell you.

Yeah...that conflict between what logic is telling you and what your heart (spirit) "knows" is a bugger.

Anyway, welcome!