Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2024, 12:22 PM
Guide

Why is belief wrong?

Belief is not wrong.Weather you keep it to yourself or not is what might be wrong.
Don't preach about what nobody knows for certain.
Old 31-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Belief addresses mind, offering not heart the taste of possible truth stated.
Is there any truth given if you don't believe what you 're doing? i.e. if you lack belief in your actions ?
For me there isn't....
Old 31-01-2024, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos1982
Is there any truth given if you don't believe what you 're doing? i.e. if you lack belief in your actions ?
For me there isn't....
Belief. Take religion. We can believe and follow any, driven by conditioning, the family we are born into or what friends are following and so forth. It is a concept. Likewise, take any spiritual offering, the kundalini for example of its energisation leading to bliss. How does it matter if we believe or disbelieve? Either way, if we have not experienced, it is a concept.

We cannot use mind to transcend mind. This even mind can understand. So, silence. Thoughts cease, we become empty. Just as water seeks its own level, our emptiness is filled with divine magnetism. We then know because we have so become, transformed, transmuted.

Religious belief reinforced without realisation leads to fundamentalism. On another forum I’m on, some members insist that if we don’t believe in Jesus, we are doomed. The concept is so deeply ingrained in their consciousness that they are no longer open to any other possibility.

Belief is alright as a crutch we need if we are feeling low. We pray to a this or that symbol or idea, hoping to be saved. If it keeps us sane, fine, the belief has served that purpose. But what else? What about the truth?

I hold the view that perhaps it may be more honest to begin as an agnostic. Maybe God is, maybe He isn’t. We don’t know. So, silence becomes our egoless refuge. But very few go there and even if they do, meditation is engaged in as a programmed activity, based on belief. For belief, read blind belief.

As I said, I have nothing against belief, if it gives peace, offers solace. Yet, I maintain that without direct realisation, the belief nurtured would always be shaky when tested because deep down we really do not know.
Old 31-01-2024, 01:12 PM
Knower

I like your last sentence. For me belief is not a concept... It is the fundamental quality behind my existence....

It is somehow, because I value the subconscious.

Regards
Old 31-01-2024, 02:03 PM
Nobody 444

Every time I have chosen this topic to talk about. I find the expected inability of people to find any Clairity. Totally unknow. We speak about belief like we need it. It brings this, it creates this, it makes me happy. Great, that is good. Will this save your soul?

Let's say each of us must have a belief in Santa Claus if you do not have this belief your children will not be accepted in school. So, we lie we give false belief, and we are okay with that because we are believers too. This is a chosen path to darkness. Yes, it is. How many of you were heartbroken to find out Santa was something your parents lied to you about. I hurt, I couldn't believe what mom and dad convinced me of and it was wrong! I don't need Santa to be a good boy. I don't need a bribe to be a better person this year. We teach false beliefs to our children, and we think this is a good thing. It's fine to believe it doesn't hurt anyone. It hurts "you" you will eventually find no truth in the belief and find this belief was worthless to you. It took up valuable time that you could have been in study learning truth and achieving clarity. But why should we do that when belief is so much easier. If this belief is wrong, then I will switch to another belief until that is wrong then I will change my beliefs to something else until ... those beliefs do not serve me anymore.

Every believer I know tells me "I cannot know this so don't talk about what you don't know." It is easy to deny someone clarity as a believer. Because the believer has never experience clarity, they feel you cannot have clarity either.
The believer is always right, and clarity is always denied.

People will go to great effort explaining away clarity because people do not understand clarity, but you do understand belief. This is always the case and was expected before putting this ancient story told by Shaolin priest for thousands of years. Why, because they know the worlds people are believers. Ask any Shaolin Priest what they believe, and they will tell you they believe in nothing. The believer is unable to wrap its head around this truth.

But it is fine, always fine to believe or not as no one needs to conform to anything. We all must decide what is best for us and if we feel clarity is too hard to obtain or simply unobtainable then you must be a believer there is no other option for you.
Old 31-01-2024, 02:27 PM
Master
@ Nikos ~ a friend of mine is an advanced medium. He talks of the subconscious, conscious and superconscious minds, with subconscious being memory of this and past lives, the conscious being ego awareness and the superconscious simply universal consciousness.

If we acknowledge we are stuporous now, would it be reasonable to assume we were stuporous in the past too, unevolved, hypnotised by the environment, unaware of our true essence? Then, of what value is the past, other than to merely view the different illusions we were immersed in? Not being cynical, just saying it as I see it. Not denying the learning offered though.
Old 31-01-2024, 02:35 PM
My take on this

Well, always and every time are not words I pay attention to, Nobody; 99% of the time they don't apply at all.
As I have said, knowing is superior to blind belief or faith, to me.
Their are books written like The Power of Belief...why?
Because it is one of the most powerful things in the world.

It was belief that created this Universe, ya don't say, Let there be Light ...without believing it will happen. Belief came before the words!
It was belief alone that sent a criminal to Jesus/Yeshua's right side to Paradise!

If a person has not directly experienced something then, well, they haven't...it obviously was not their time to ...so what,
they have is a faith and belief and a hope in other's experiences told in books or scripture.
Sure, it comes in second to knowing from their own personal exp...but so what...all in it's own time. As I see it.

Brow bearing people I don't see as a help. I do not think belief is ''wrong'' as in the Subject - it is a step in our development,
that's all. Knowing, direct exp or what you call clarity comes when it comes, as I have seen.

*And on this Forum we encourage people to not say things as fact ---but, to qualify their words as, 'as I see it, imo, from my exp, I think...' and so on.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-01-2024, 03:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
If we acknowledge we are stuporous now, would it be reasonable to assume we were stuporous in the past too, unevolved, hypnotised by the environment, unaware of our true essence? Then, of what value is the past, other than to merely view the different illusions we were immersed in? Not being cynical, just saying it as I see it. .
Unseeking Seeker, You 're seeing it right but I don't think there is a cure for our stupidity...
Not as (a) collective....
Old 31-01-2024, 03:05 PM
Knower

wrong vision / deleted post

Last edited by Nikos1982 : 31-01-2024 at 05:37 PM.
Old 31-01-2024, 03:06 PM
Guide

I wont share my beliefs incase I'm wrong,the only thing I have shared is my birth and just before, as that is a certainty.
Your beliefs are the things that keep you ticking on this earthly plane and NOBODY'S qualified to tell you what to believe in.(IMO).
Closed Thread