Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 19-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Evie_11

My 3 y/o old son indigo??

Hi I would like to know how I can find out if my three year old son Dylan is an indigo?

He has special gifts.

He can feel and is senstive to emotions and feelings of people, he can feel if I am present in the house and feel when I am not.

Thank you in advance,
Old 19-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie_11
He can feel and is senstive to emotions and feelings of people, he can feel if I am present in the house and feel when I am not.
This has nothing to do with gifts. It is simple natural behavior. A child will whine when mommy is gone and feel safe when mommy is there. They will also look to people's facial expression as cues for safety or danger.
Old 19-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
This has nothing to do with gifts. It is simple natural behavior. A child will whine when mommy is gone and feel safe when mommy is there. They will also look to people's facial expression as cues for safety or danger.
agreed Chry,

Evie_11 But all kids are spiritual and have a better knowing then us adults.
Your child is special no doubt as all children are. But there is no scientific proof that Indigo's even exist other then a self proclaimed Psychic writing a book in the 90's where she coined the phrase "Indigo children".
Old 20-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Master
Yes that term "indigo" has led to a great many mis-conceptions. Still that is the best we can do at this time to identify children who are energetically different than their piers.

I suggest that you do the normal supportive things and remain encouraging.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 20-02-2012, 12:38 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie_11
Hi I would like to know how I can find out if my three year old son Dylan is an indigo?

He has special gifts.

Thank you in advance,

Evie in connecting to your son in this light, its opening you to become aware yourself in relation to his needs and understanding of how he feels. There are many labels around to connect ones understanding to sensitive children. Indigo is one..and crystal and rainbow children..Most fall under the highly sensitive space.. I personally feel they are very helpful for helping parents become aware of the sensitivity in children like your son. I would be inclined to focus on his highly sensitive nature and nuture his feeling space as best you can. Most times sensitive children are more inclined to have a stronger sense of subtle energies in their environment..

http://www.hsperson.com/ Elaine Aron has a book available...The highly sensitive child...this website also has a test you can do.
Old 21-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Master
I would avoid giving your son "labels" of any kind. I know it's tempting to want to believe he's this wonderfully gifted and special soul, but you have to remember that we're all gifted in each of our own ways. I'm not saying he's ordinary, but what you're describing sounds like typical child behavior... When children aren't shaped and groomed into certain systems, they have easy access to their natural abilities - abilities we would all have if we weren't shaped and groomed from an early age.
Giving him the label of "indigo" or "starchild" would end up feeding your ego (and possibly his), when all that really has to be done is for you to encourage him and help nurture his natural abilities. What you describe sounds like empathy, and while empathy is quite common amongst adults, it's incredibly common in children - especially those who weren't conditioned to the point where this natural ability shuts down.

Old 21-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Master
I agree with Evaah and Occultist. I have three amazing kids in their own right who have their own special attibutes and love them dearly, but I'm not going to put these labels on them.
Old 22-02-2012, 04:38 AM
silent whisper

http://namastecafe.com/evolution/indigo/reality.htm

I found this link today Evie, if you wanted to read...its interesting and opens up the space of discovery into your childs world..
Old 23-02-2012, 12:01 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos

I'm inclined to agree with Chrysaetos, although, as a mother myself once upon a time, I confess to having believed my son was somehow more 'special' and 'gifted' than anyone else's, and would constantly look for 'signs' to back the belief up. (I feel so stupid thinking about it now).

Although there were no such labels as 'indigo' or 'star child' back then, he was, indeed special - just because he was my son and I loved him - and that, gifted or not, he would always be 'special' to me.

Took me a while to realize that :)
Old 23-02-2012, 09:55 AM
silent whisper

Understanding the traits of sensitive children through the labels doesnt always make them special over other children, it simply opens the door to view the childs world with more awareness than perhaps you might consider without them. The key with labels as with any space of growth, they help us learn more than we might otherwise understand. Does not mean the label is who they are.

Like any tool, we connect to, it offers a guide to the space of understanding, where "normal" connections may not.

When I discovered my son was indigo at around three years of age. I learned so much about him in relation to his sensitive nature......I didnt dwell on the indigo label..more used the information to grow into a space of deeper awarness of his true nature. Of course I see and view him as a unique soul now, but I am most grateful someone gave me the information back then, it actually helped to open my eyes. It was a godsend in the space I was in with him.