Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What would you rather do, would you want to put the fresh water in with the sewage or would you rather flush the sewage, disinfect the tank then out in fresh?

"When we lose our minds we come to our senses."
Alan Watts

Don't deal with it, don't even try. Don't try to figure it out, don't label it, don't.... Just don't, then you will.

"The fragile is the most precious."

Thank you for reading my post.
I'll take your advice into consideration.
I even looked up your quote and came across a lovely site about it.
It gave me much to think about.
I must not focus on it or I become it, so rather what's in the now is important, all that's presently peaceful.
Old 26-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
And when you're not the most awesome thing?

Don't really recall a time when I was not. Whether I always felt it might be another story though. So what are we talking about here
Old 27-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for getting me Soul Renew
For me it was and still is my mother. She used to be full of contradictions and was constantly telling me to quut making a fool of myself. She would buy my clothes and dress me up then when I wore them when I wanted I would be told I looked tarty. If I so much mentioned a boy I was told to leave them alone and stop making a fool of myself. Whenever we were in company she would fine a way for me to cry and tell me I was making a show of her. Every one of my birthdays ended in tears. It is only now in my 40s I am realising her impact in all areas of my life. And I am totally waking up and I am totally sick of it. I am very lucky in that I have been with the most amazing and supportive man for the last 19 years.

I always wanted to dance. Was always dancing as a youngster. She didnt really criticise but i never had the confidence to pursue it. For the last 8 years, zumba has seen me through my dark night of the soul and out the other side. I am a totally different person to who I was then. More confident and happy in myself for starters. I am planning on becoming a zumba instructor this year..for me that would be the cherry on the icing on the cake :) I will be free to be Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew
wow, i really loved that. There was so much emotion in that, especially the part when she touches the guy's hand. It felt like she was going to fall apart, but with liberation. You can feel them just being free...
amazing
Warmed my heart
I can't wait to see the movie soon. When I first saw its trailer I was hooked.
I love those kinds of movies that make you believe in yourself

We are both on the same journey, I really feel you.
I had a father growing up that made me questioned who I was because he kept questioning and criticizing how I expressed myself. It didn't help at all to have people think me weird as well. I felt there was only very very few people that actually liked me. But still, they didn't accept me at my worse...

For a long time, I couldn't express myself fully.
It's something I want to do one day, but I'm taking little steps.

I hope you can fully embrace your whole self and let it shine. I hope you'll find people who'll love you for you and stay with you through thick and thin.

Some quotes-

“We all have a life to live! We all have unique and distinctive purposes to fulfill! Everybody has a purpose on earth, and everybody must live the true purpose why God gives life to us each day! You are not on earth to compete with anybody but your true purpose. You are not on earth to compare yourself to anybody, but the you in you and the true purpose for which you came here! Life is good when you don’t compare yourself in a manner that will make you feel bad. Life is good when you know your true purpose in life and who you must live to be and to please! You fulfill your true you distinctively when you understand you are you and not anybody! So many people are living others destiny just because they have neglected their own true purpose! So many people think badly just because they compare themselves wrongfully with others and things! Everybody has a life and everybody must live a life! If there is any reason to compare yourself to others and things, let it be the inspiration you get from comparing yourself with others and things that makes you do something unique! There is a true reason for our existence on earth and we must reason from nothing, but the true reason why we live each day!”
— Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches."
— Dita Von Teese

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 28-01-2018, 05:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
I am getting signs that this is my next task, but... I do not feel ready yet.

I am so afraid that I will fall for that ego trap again... once I have truly realized what part of me already has realized: that I am God, part of the Divine, special and unique, like everyone is. That I am here for a reason. That I have been given unique gifts, and that those gifts are there to be used. (But I am still afraid of... dunno... I rather think of myself as inferior than thinking of myself as superior... even though both is equally stupid... then... the dishes still need to be cleaned, and I do not want to leave stuff like this to others). What gifts, anyway? I do not like to label myself, I do not like to think of myself as "special" in any way.

I do not belong to any organized religion at the moment.

A few days ago I suddenly thought of the Walls of Jericho and the symbolism behind. A few days before I found a thread here which lead me to the thought or feeling... that it is true, indeed, that it is me who is limiting me. That I have risen a barrier around myself, that I am imprisoning myself, that it is me who now should break down these barriers.

I know that it is time... at the same time I am horribly afraid of what might happen.

Anyone here who can relate to that?

(And be it, that I just need to see a psychiatrist, even though I do not trust them.)

you said you dont belong to a religion. why then are you concerned about your ego? where did that idea come from?

and what is an ego trap?

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 28-01-2018, 08:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
you said you dont belong to a religion. why then are you concerned about your ego? where did that idea come from?

and what is an ego trap?
I said I do not belong to any organized religion, and by that I meant that my personal beliefs do not match any of them 100 percent. It does not mean that I do not believe in anything.
By "ego trap" I meant that it is all too easy to fall for the ego, because the ego wants to be fed. Which is where many problems start.
Old 28-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Master
Hello,

I have looked over your replies to the other responders. I think it best for me to reply to this original statement.

Quote:
I am getting signs that this is my next task, but... I do not feel ready yet.

No one is ever ready for some thing like this.

Quote:
I am so afraid that I will fall for that ego trap again... once I have truly realized what part of me already has realized: that I am God, part of the Divine, special and unique, like everyone is. That I am here for a reason. That I have been given unique gifts, and that those gifts are there to be used. (But I am still afraid of... dunno... I rather think of myself as inferior than thinking of myself as superior... even though both is equally stupid... then... the dishes still need to be cleaned, and I do not want to leave stuff like this to others). What gifts, anyway? I do not like to label myself, I do not like to think of myself as "special" in any way.

Being afraid is quite natural. If you were not it would be inappropriate for you to proceed.

Your awareness about God and your divinity is quite accurate. You are quite correct in that all humans are like you. The reality is that most of them are not as prepared as you are to do some thing about this realization, if they have this awareness. Most do not know these things about them self.

The divine intention is for us to use our gifts, this is intuitive knowing.

Humility is a great trait to have. Without it you can not get very far. Yet you do need to integrate that with a confidence that all you intend to accomplish in this life expression Will Get Done.

All of us are equally special and unique. You understand that much better than most As I see these things.

I would describe the task/undertaking before you as learning how best to work with your human intellect, refining that love bond with your higher self, and extending that love energy towards all that you are.

Quote:
I do not belong to any organized religion at the moment.

A few days ago I suddenly thought of the Walls of Jericho and the symbolism behind. A few days before I found a thread here which lead me to the thought or feeling... that it is true, indeed, that it is me who is limiting me. That I have risen a barrier around myself, that I am imprisoning myself, that it is me who now should break down these barriers.

Religions and society in general encourages us to seek out authorities to tell us what to think, how to feel, and what to do. For most those things are best. For you it is not. You must become the only authority in your life and co-create your reality with all those aspect of self using that guidance from the higher self. These aspects of self which try to protect you by holding you back must be seen in a better light. Become kind to them and their comfort level with your desired undertaking will increase.

Quote:
I know that it is time... at the same time I am horribly afraid of what might happen.

Anyone here who can relate to that?

(And be it, that I just need to see a psychiatrist, even though I do not trust them.)

I can relate. I have also moved past these things to some degree. The intellect is a curious thing to work with. Being horribly afreaid of what might happen is a good thing actually. You can work out how best you would deal with what I call 'worst case scenarios.'.

One of my tasks in life is to assist others with these things. I will do nothing for you other than encourage self empowerment.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you, dear John.

This probably was what I needed to be reminded of.
Old 28-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Experiencer

SeekerOfKnowledge,

It seems to me that faith might be necessary. You said you have fear, and that you want to let go of blocks or barriers. And fear IS a block to one's true nature.

If you can trust, and know that 'all is well', it might help with the fear.

I know that's easier said than done, but I guess that challenge is one of the main aspects of the journey.
Old 28-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Master

Quote:
...it is all too easy to fall for the ego, because the ego wants to be fed.

What does it want to be fed with?
Old 28-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I said I do not belong to any organized religion, and by that I meant that my personal beliefs do not match any of them 100 percent. It does not mean that I do not believe in anything.
By "ego trap" I meant that it is all too easy to fall for the ego, because the ego wants to be fed. Which is where many problems start.

i couldn't disagree more based on my expereince about ego and spiritual growth. but i dont know what you mean about ego and fed? assuming it is when you think great things about yourself. how is that a trap? and where did this idea come from?

if it truly is in everybody. and everybody has the right to be unique and themselves. you cant have it both ways. if you dont like particular personalities. therefore assume they must be trapped from god. you cant say then that it is in everybody. who are you to think or say what personality is and isn't? even about yourself? that judgement could be the energrtic block to the god in you. more often the problem than many others i would be willing to bet. not you particularly. but 90% of people whom are searching im guessing.

most people selling spirituality are not very far along from what i have seen. but have a whole lot for sale about how it is. in selling i mean ideas about what type of person, personality, and etc gets the right of spiritual expereince. whether that be spiritual gifts or higher consciousness. the planet for the most part having to do with spirituality has been brainwashed. people literally sell things about expereinces they know nothing about. i once heard some psychic talk about how you got to only have certain emotions to become into bliss. she isnt even there yet other than maybe some brief experiences. yet she channels and talks like she knows how to get there. what a joke. been in that expereince for more than a decade. had i let her brainwash me before getting to the bliss. no way i would of ever made it. but she gets paid the big bucks to talk about things she knows nothing about. lol she is shat i would call a spiritual con artist

i would like to know what you mean about ego and trap. what is it to you? and how does this thing trap you?

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4