Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-11-2016, 12:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKey
First, what exactly do you mean by meditation? Can you elaborate on what exactly happens during your experience of meditation, and why it was useful?

Also, this idea that everyone is at different levels isn't ultimately true, and is probably the main reason the OP is looking for a teacher for assistance. Awareness isn't a person at a level in awareness, and what you are is not a person. That's awakening. If we're talking about something else, that's fine.

Beginning of what? Meditation? This sounds like a great way to put the mind into a split mind practice, or exacerbate the 'symptoms' under the guise of being spiritual.

Meditation slows down the mind. Vibration is ahead of the body so meditation helps it catch up by having the understanding afterwards. I used to meditate in the very beginning of my journey then learned to focus my emotions in my heart until the emotions shifted. This has been almost every day for 2 years and then once you get to a certain level you see your life clearly. Your negative emotions calms down and the programming behind it. You detach and see more truth. The deprogramming part cannot be done with out a spirit guide and not everyone needs to get to that level of truth in 3 D even if they are having an awakening.

I don't know if you mean the same thing as myself about levels. We come into this incarnation with different level of consciousness and we also have different potentials. Those going through an awakening have different levels, different intensities. As I said before not everyone will need to detach as much as I needed to from my emotions.
Old 22-11-2016, 12:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Best post so far.

I really like directness, posts such as these are unusual and not in as great numbers as they can be. People don't seem to know what is available. I'm not very happy (sad) to see many ideas that seem to reinforce ideas people literally have to or it's ok to do this stuff alone when the question is directly asking (saying) I am looking for someone. If I were asking the question I would not want to see other then this.

As a community here I want to ask us if anyone here remembers an old post given by one of our members. I was trying to find an old post made some time ago that gave a link to a site of community based groups nationwide that could be explored. There were groups that met covering beliefs ranging from loa to metaphysics, and everything in between under one umbrella of like minded individuals one might join and research. Does anyone remember the post so that the link can be (re)referenced.

Sometimes don't you feel our answers are just too general. A good balance would be general and specific answers both. Someone wrote a post some time ago about balance reminding us many times our communication is so general in nature when people want specific things said. It is a shame that posts as they become old and move back in line are as though they were never said (written) and forgotten. Anyone remember the post and link. Send it to me and if it is the one I remember, I will post it to add to the conversation. Thanks!

blessings,

Even if someone gets the support it ultimately does not help much because the whole journey is about finding your inner truth. You are not going to get that from a support group and it may be even more confusing. This is a very deep issue that cannot be considered like simpler psychological issue.. The whole awakening journey is about finding your own level of confidence about the truth of who you are. You have to know your own heart! People starting the awakening process have a high level of consciousness so that is why they get to a certain level of truth in the first place. The universe gives them what they can handle ultimately.
Old 22-11-2016, 12:25 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm saying the separation between the two is artificial. Meaning, there is only ever one.

I'm saying the time space framework of your entire life is entirely made up.

I would agree that form=void as stated in the heart sutra.

Is this a state you have realized?

I would also agree that time and space is not real but to get to that depth of being is no small thing. It is well beyond 3rd eye astral travel stuff.
Old 22-11-2016, 02:24 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Meditation slows down the mind. Vibration is ahead of the body so meditation helps it catch up by having the understanding afterwards.

And who is meditating if not the mind? Why would the mind which generates thinking want to stop generating thinking as if it's not the same mind generating thinking? Because it's split in half, and further embedding that split ain't about helping mind catch up. Mechanically, it's just the opposite.

Quote:
I used to meditate in the very beginning of my journey then learned to focus my emotions in my heart until the emotions shifted. This has been almost every day for 2 years and then once you get to a certain level you see your life clearly. Your negative emotions calms down and the programming behind it. You detach and see more truth. The deprogramming part cannot be done with out a spirit guide and not everyone needs to get to that level of truth in 3 D even if they are having an awakening.

Spirit guide? Where is this guide? In form? What you are is not in form, and you don't need a guide to tell you that.

Quote:
I don't know if you mean the same thing as myself about levels. We come into this incarnation with different level of consciousness and we also have different potentials. Those going through an awakening have different levels, different intensities. As I said before not everyone will need to detach as much as I needed to from my emotions.

My point was that what is aware of a person at a level is not a person, and you can be aware you are not a person.
Old 22-11-2016, 02:29 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I would agree that form=void as stated in the heart sutra.

Is this a state you have realized?

I would also agree that time and space is not real but to get to that depth of being is no small thing. It is well beyond 3rd eye astral travel stuff.

Hey jonesy,

I don't know the heart sutra. But yea form and formless interpenetrate.

As far as being a state I realized: Consciousness transcends the body, such that the person doesn't realize it isn't the person but the consciousness you are does. We really aren't separate, and no one can be any more consciousness than you can be. This isn't just beyond 3rd eye astral travel stuff, what you are is beyond tomorrow's trip to the grocery store.
Old 22-11-2016, 02:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Hey jonesy,

I don't know the heart sutra. But yea form and formless interpenetrate.

As far as being a state I realized: Consciousness transcends the body, such that the person doesn't realize it isn't the person but the consciousness you are does. We really aren't separate, and no one can be any more consciousness than you can be. This isn't just beyond 3rd eye astral travel stuff, what you are is beyond tomorrow's trip to the grocery store.

Consciousness is not separate from the physical body it is part of it in a subtler body also called the higher self and I am completely in touch with mine energetically and mentally. Some people are more in touch than others but this is really the true self.
Old 22-11-2016, 03:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Consciousness is not separate from the physical body it is part of it in a subtler body also called the higher self and I am completely in touch with mine energetically and mentally. Some people are more in touch than others but this is really the true self.

I'm saying consciousness isn't in time or space and hence not a 'body' at all. Thusly, you don't need (nor could you be) to be in touch with what you are, like one body connected to another. You can 'seemingly' be an unconscious person, and to the extent you (consciousness lost in identification with the body) are unconscious, is to the extent the person which was never you (the body) is out of touch with what you couldn't lose touch with, consciousness.

But yes, some people are more conscious than others.
Old 22-11-2016, 03:11 AM
Master

Since there seems to be such negative responses and feelings, post is deleted. Asking the OPR to remove all reference posts as well. No worries.

Last edited by lemex : 22-11-2016 at 04:17 AM.
Old 22-11-2016, 03:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Vespa, I understand what you're saying Do we not offer support here so I'm not buying it...lol If you knew of different resources or groups in your area that might answers specifically one's request wouldn't you tell someone.

Let me ask, what if there is a group in a city you lived in that meets teaching Buddhism and a person was interested in Buddhism. Wouldn't that be a nice fit and you didn't even know it, neither you or the person asking. What if meetings were held and the group was taught by serious individuals who were Buddhist. They could pretty much answer all our questions. What if there were a group that taught" and "practiced" (key elements) Law of Attraction but you didn't know the group existed. How to get involved. I even saw a group on reiki. What if you kept hearing someone say why isn't there anyone I can talk to. Why? We share here but you didn't know other did who aren't part of our community.

If you knew something was available would you tell someone who asked. Now here I have to ask a person who wanted to know "something" I could not answer would the person want to know. we cannot take people for granted and that is what is being done. No person here will have all the answers all the time. It is not I what but they want. Why do you think they asked and we treat as unimportant!!!! Anyway, the whole point of this you don't have to be alone now that you know. I think there is a feeling because it seems no help seemed to be materializing, we're taking the approach of fear. There are no guarantees. Who knows maybe the universe may have made this information available. I am simple giving a resource out there. Anyway got the website. Of course it's not going to be everyones cup of tea. Let each person make their own decision!

The site is www.meetup.com. Me, I'm going to be looking for a RV group.

I never believed any buddhists or other enlightened people weren't as lost as everyone else when I was studying... And so I could never apprentice myself to anyone. I wanted to but I just couldn't.

I guess early on you don't know a lot and it is jsut as well learning the beaten paths... but when you get to a certain point you just need to chill and find your own path.
Old 22-11-2016, 03:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I never believed any buddhists or other enlightened people weren't as lost as everyone else when I was studying... And so I could never apprentice myself to anyone. I wanted to but I just couldn't.

I guess early on you don't know a lot and it is jsut as well learning the beaten paths... but when you get to a certain point you just need to chill and find your own path.

That's perfectly fine. It's a matter of trust and yes, you can do it alone. Maybe your mind is made up. So you would decide for someone else because you felt that way, maybe a little bit of pride. Think in terms of the spirit of all that is there. If you are willing to say and speak for others that the site is useless I will delete the post. Your way or no way.