Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-07-2011, 02:00 AM
nightowl

Reverse Engineering What You Believe

It is well know that humans become creatures of habit. We have taken upon ourselves what we believe spiritually, we have created our own spiritual realities through our experiences and studies. There are things that I have come across on my journey that I learned wonderful insights from and have passed and moved on down my path.

It would seem that recently I have been directed to go back to some of those insights I passed along the way.

A thought came into my head today of the times throughout history where philosophers, theologians and scientist had decided to revisit a certain topic or theory. In their attempt to reevaluate their findings they discovered something new, a new application, a new insight or a new path with in the old.

How many of us are willing to go back? Maybe we will think it is like the old saying that once you learn how to ride a bike, well you never forget. Why revisit something I know I have learned from already?

I wanted to share a post made by gracey that I think fits right in here;

Originally Posted by Gracey

‘the boys and i are walking towards the house from the park and in the alley i see an old man on a bicycle. he is swaying back and forth enjoying himself(so i thought). then as we approached the alley and he the street, his feet came down so he could stop himself. we meet up and he says, "you know that saying that when you learn how to ride a bike you never forget? well its not true." i asked him how long has it been and he said 40 years or so,,,,,he kept on trying and i kept on smiling.’ (thanks gracey)

The old gentleman stated ‘it’s not true’, it’s not true that we won’t forget. We do forget sometimes.

Have you forgotten how to ride your spiritual bike, are you willing to revisit your spiritual path? Are you willing to do some reverse engineering on what you beleive?

nightowl
Old 14-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Air Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Are you willing to do some reverse engineering on what you beleive?

I am completely deconstructing 'said' reality
Old 14-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Master
without getting into too much detail, I did do reverse engineering.

Everything I had been brought up to believe, trust, think, I just stopped believing in it several years ago.

For those few years, I grew the most that I had ever grown. But it just didn't feel right.

Several months ago, went back to sort of what I grew up with. I just can't shake my roots. It's OK, I am happy with it. Feel better about everything.

zipzip
Old 14-07-2011, 04:04 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
without getting into too much detail, I did do reverse engineering.

Everything I had been brought up to believe, trust, think, I just stopped believing in it several years ago.

For those few years, I grew the most that I had ever grown. But it just didn't feel right.

Several months ago, went back to sort of what I grew up with. I just can't shake my roots. It's OK, I am happy with it. Feel better about everything.

zipzip

Thanks for your response zipzip. It is something how when we do this it brings about the reasons for why we hold on to certain things. Care to share one of the things you rediscovered,... that wouldn't make you to uncomfortable?

nightowl
Old 14-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Topology

Around 2000 I was tired of not understanding why my life was the way it was. I was not happy with what was coming into my life. After separating from a codependent relationship, I began to look at the patterns operating in my psyche. I traced those patterns back into childhood with how I was raised, and back through my parents lives and how they were raised.

I realized that I couldn't blame myself because I was ignorant, and I couldn't blame my parents, because they were ignorant too. All that was left then was to shift gears, from finding excuses for the way I was to actually taking responsibility and cleaning house internally. And I have been continuing that to this day, being aware of the present moment psychology and learning how to facilitate what wants to emerge in my life.
Old 14-07-2011, 04:27 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Around 2000 I was tired of not understanding why my life was the way it was. I was not happy with what was coming into my life. After separating from a codependent relationship, I began to look at the patterns operating in my psyche. I traced those patterns back into childhood with how I was raised, and back through my parents lives and how they were raised.

I realized that I couldn't blame myself because I was ignorant, and I couldn't blame my parents, because they were ignorant too. All that was left then was to shift gears, from finding excuses for the way I was to actually taking responsibility and cleaning house internally. And I have been continuing that to this day, being aware of the present moment psychology and learning how to facilitate what wants to emerge in my life.

Hey Topo,

That is a wonderful story, progress came by looking back! Good for you, keep it up Does this have a spiritual belief element hidden anywhere inside?

nightowl
Old 14-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for your response zipzip. It is something how when we do this it brings about the reasons for why we hold on to certain things. Care to share one of the things you rediscovered,... that wouldn't make you to uncomfortable?

nightowl

I never questioned religion before. I was happy and content and that was just the way it was.

About 10 years ago, had a bit of an awakening--with trying to learn about Law of Attraction, different spiritual aspects, got very frustrated and realized alot of this New Age stuff is hog wash.
Stopped believing in everything.....everything...even God....didn't sit well with me......But grew, and grew....

A year or so ago, got another jolt and realized that something caused that jolt and vibes and lots of messages in my gut. Read a book and dots connected together.

Now, I am where I am today. Back to more of where I started. It is like an old shoe, comfortable. And even though I don't really believe some stuff, I just don't fight with it.

zipzip
Old 14-07-2011, 04:36 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
I never questioned religion before. I was happy and content and that was just the way it was.

About 10 years ago, had a bit of an awakening--with trying to learn about Law of Attraction, different spiritual aspects, got very frustrated and realized alot of this New Age stuff is hog wash.
Stopped believing in everything.....everything...even God....didn't sit well with me......But grew, and grew....

A year or so ago, got another jolt and realized that something caused that jolt and vibes and lots of messages in my gut. Read a book and dots connected together.

Now, I am where I am today. Back to more of where I started. It is like an old shoe, comfortable. And even though I don't really believe some stuff, I just don't fight with it.

zipzip

Thanks zz for sharing more...

I think that our beliefs should be like a comfortable old shoe...where is our peace and understanding when we are struggling to know what we believe.

There is so much freedom and comfort in understanding and knowing what you do or do not believe. You become centered that way, what really matter raises to the top like a fine rich cream.

nightowl
Old 14-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Topology

Quote:
Hey Topo,

That is a wonderful story, progress came by looking back! Good for you, keep it up Does this have a spiritual belief element hidden anywhere inside?

nightowl

That there is a "me" in any of this.

My path so far has been about losing beliefs and not being able to find any beliefs that stand up to scrutiny.
Old 14-07-2011, 02:34 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I realized that I couldn't blame myself because I was ignorant, and I couldn't blame my parents, because they were ignorant too.

Very wise, and often not realized. If we seek to justify any condition through blame, upon whom or what do we relegate the blame. You could blame your parents, they in turn could blame theirs, your grandparents could blame their parents, ad infinitum.

This very moment is the culmination of everything that has ever occurred, so in what particular place could one lay blame?

This just illustrates the ultimate futility of the blame-game.