Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 PM
3dnow

Want to live forever

Hi forum,

Something happened today, was thinking about higher self, love etc. Then I had that feeling. I realized that I wanted to live FOREVEEEEEEEER. to the point to make me cry.

Now the feeling is gone.

What is this? I wanted it so much (living forever) that I am wondering if it is possible lol.

3dnow
Old 11-07-2011, 07:19 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

Something happened today, was thinking about higher self, love etc. Then I had that feeling. I realized that I wanted to live FOREVEEEEEEEER. to the point to make me cry.

Now the feeling is gone.

What is this? I wanted it so much (living forever) that I am wondering if it is possible lol.

3dnow

3dnow,

Interesting experience...

Well our spirit does live forever, it is just in a temporary organic body, so maybe when your spirit leaves this body, eternity begins. So in my opinion it is possible.

nightowl
Old 11-07-2011, 07:19 PM
seahorse

Well, if our spirits are immortal we just jump bodies with each reincarnation. Maybe we should strive for balance while we're here, fully experience life on this earth, while reaching out for Spirit. Buddha's Middle road, Ancient Greek's "Metron Ariston" not too much of anything. Not too much spirituality, not too much fixation on earthly things. We're of Mother Earth and Father Heaven. We should honor both. Just my thoughts
Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Guide
An out of the box way of looking at it,

What if life is forever. When you have it, you live, but when you don't your dead. Maybe in that moment you had eternal life, and in the next you lost it! lol..
Old 11-07-2011, 09:19 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

Now the feeling is gone.

3dnow
You do live on forever. Your soul never dies. Death is an illusion. Because the word Death means you are nothing. You are your soul, and you do live on.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Thrare

Well I am interested in existing forever, but the prospect of living forever isn't something I wish for.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 PM
moke64916

That's because you are on earth. You think of life based on physical world. When in the spiritual world you might think differ.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Rivendoah

I have no desire to live forever... the thought of it is exhausting... there may indeed be spirit after we pass and I for one believe this is so... but it's only speculation... a leap of faith... so for now, all I know I have is the knowledge of this one life...and upon this I must make my decision...
Old 11-07-2011, 10:45 PM
OpenMindedFellow

Perhaps think about the nature of time.

Also consider being a part of the whole.

But I get what you mean. Not many people want to end their awareness.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Master
Awareness never ends, it just changes form.

3d... Your desire to live forever is just your knowing that's already true.

Xan