Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusterer
Theres a technique where you visualise a fire at core of your body around your navel being bellowed to a large flame as you breathe in, and feel it compress and concentrate as you breathe out. Over many breaths the flame should grow larger and larger until it fill and expands around the body.
Has this to do with the Dantian? And is this how Tummo works?

Quote:
There is also another one where sitting in a japanese kneeling position (as it is easier), you would inhale deeply and fill your lungs over five seconds, hold the breath for 5 seconds, exhale completely over 5 seconds, and hold the breath for another 5 seconds.
Only one cycle or more?
Old 24-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think body awareness is pretty much it... but a more hoistic approach to mind/body/spirit is best, so yoga or tai chi might incorporate all of it if you can find a good instructor, then its diet and housing and positive environment, and in the end, a balanced life is the ticket.
I'm definitely working on creating and maintaining a balanced life. Thanks for sharing your view on that. . But what I'm teally looking for is an insight, technique or method to increase Lifeforce and inner strenght through meditation.
Old 24-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Master

Quote:
I learnt from Frank Yang, hes a bodybuilder philosopher and he said when he was working on developing his nervous system, after very heavy workouts he would turn the water to maximum heat and let it run down his spine from the base of his skull, then after a short while turn it to the coldest possible and let it continue flowing, alternating every 30 seconds or so.
I never heard about developing the nervous sytem. Very interesting though.
What are the differences between someone with a normal nervous system and someone with a developed nervous system?

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm--RQ9M_Vo

Please forgive his eccentric personality though :)
I think he is a funny man too. Thanks for the link.
Old 24-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
By lifeforce I suppose you mean prana or chi.
Yes, Chi. But only the Chi inside ones being.

Quote:
If so, the very practice of meditation or mindfulness increases prana or lifeforce in itself.
Any form of meditation?

Quote:
Many meditators had experienced a surge in energy, which resulted in removal of diseases and better health.

The increased lifeforce or prana also creates a stronger immune system as well.
Do you know of a link to an article on this subject.

Quote:
Most diseases are psychosomatic in origin, due to unnecessary thinking and worrying and resultant mental disorders. The proper practice of meditation helps to eliminate this .
So I guess meditation is a very good and maybe even necessary practice in the busy and stressed world we live in today.
Old 24-02-2015, 01:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
From my experience: meditate as if there is no such thing as "lifeforce". That way, sensations of "lifeforce" will not fool you into imbalancing your actual lifeforce.
Are you saying one should not pay attention to ones Lifeforce?
I believe it is important to be aware of ones Lifeforce to develop bodily unity.
Old 24-02-2015, 01:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
Breathing exercises known as pranayama will help with this, yes it will make your immune system stronger however this is just one of the many benefits.
What are other benefits of pranayama?
Old 24-02-2015, 02:00 AM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Are you saying one should not pay attention to ones Lifeforce?
I believe it is important to be aware of ones Lifeforce to develop bodily unity.

Serrao,

Yes, awareness is THE point. In my experience, if you are aware, your mind and body will respond and you will have exactly the energy that you need when you need it. Manipulation often just leads to energy imbalance and is often the birthplace of delusional states (and some people report things like Kundalini awakening). I've never worried about any such symptoms from meditation, even though I've experienced some of the telltale signs... why? simply because I'm not trying to force energy (whether you see energy as a literal thing or a metaphor for the physical and mental) where it does not already want to go.

-TaoSandwich
Old 24-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Serrao,

Yes, awareness is THE point. In my experience, if you are aware, your mind and body will respond and you will have exactly the energy that you need when you need it. Manipulation often just leads to energy imbalance and is often the birthplace of delusional states (and some people report things like Kundalini awakening). I've never worried about any such symptoms from meditation, even though I've experienced some of the telltale signs... why? simply because I'm not trying to force energy (whether you see energy as a literal thing or a metaphor for the physical and mental) where it does not already want to go.

-TaoSandwich

My comment is that the meditation really has to be approached with complete purity and utter truthfulness from the beginning, and I'm a little reluctant to speak of other things. Think about this, we practice our skate-boarding to become skilled at skateboarding, but then we practice meditation for any number of ulterior reasons. I'm suggesting that meditation practice is actually done to become skilled in meditation, which begs the question, what is meditation?

Skate boarding is an activity, so it's very easy to identify, I devise a trick and practice so as to master the trick, but meditation is not easy to identify, so what exactly are we practicing?

When the meditation is being practiced, what is that direct experience which is meditative? These things are beyond mentioning and don't have a description, so the discussion on meditation always turns to the manifest things of the mind and the sensational sensations of the body, which are interwoven, but what we miss is the unmanifest experience that is the meditation itself...

In fact, the topic of meditation is an extremely complicated discussion. Simple in itself, but intricate in discourse, so personally, due to the craven mind in respect to the sensory experience, I feel it's most pertinent to become well grounded in the very essence of it, and practice meditation to enhance meditation alone.

After the necessary balances are well founded, which will be brought about through equanimity during pain, and having resolved the craving and the adversity, and then maintained stability as the emotional blocks and postural obstacles (interwoven) surface from the unconscious shadows into the light of conscious awareness, the the mind can perceive the subtler layers of form that vibrate, tingle, wave and flow... and we come across the second stage of the meditation where the pleasures of it again become the purpose of practice, instead of the practice of meditation itself, which is a delicate time for any meditator.

So... there is an ethic at the very core of it, something pure of conscience, and the practice is only for the sake of practice, which I heard as a saying in Zen, 'In practice there is'.

That's really my take on the matter as a whole. I already know that I contradict the tenets of masters and the teachings on antiquity and the advanced meditators perceive my insightlessness , and I can't refer to texts or quotes to substantiate anything I say, but I'm only a practitioner, no-one special, and speak only from my own perspective.
Old 24-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Master

Quote:

Any form of meditation?

Vipassana and others meditations based on thoughtless awareness is helpful in this regard.

Meditations that depend on contemplation or visualizations, I am not quite sure of .

Quote:

Do you know of a link to an article on this subject.

It is more of meeting people and reading articles or reports in spiritual magazines of those who had experienced healing through meditation. The same has been voiced by spiritual masters too.

I have experienced myself higher energy levels through meditation.

Here are some links...

http://noetic.org/noetic/issue-twent...own-physician/

Most people whom I had met who had experienced healing from diseases, had it through breathing exercises and yogasanas. Breathing exercises like pranayama, kriyas and others are very effective in taking in prana. They should be studied under qualified masters though.

Quote:

So I guess meditation is a very good and maybe even necessary practice in the busy and stressed world we live in today.

It seems actually to have the highest priority in life according to some spiritual masters.

The consequences of meditation and lack of it, makes me support the same as well.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 25-02-2015, 06:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Can one then develop specific inner energetic qualities, like developing the quantity of Lifeforce, without focusing and "manipulation"?
Or should one not be interested in those things at all, and is it all about trusting to be provided in what one needs at the moment?