Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 PM
inky_1

I learned so much...and promptly forgot

Last night, in my dreams, I know that I had extensive interaction with one or more of my guides. I remember learning SO much, and I remember vaguely waking for a few moments and realizing how much I'd just learned... and then promptly falling asleep again.

I woke up this morning and can't remember a thing of what I learned except that "light" was involved, and I am certain I met w/ my guides & learned so much.

Is this a common occurrence for anyone else?

I usually remember SO MUCH about my dreams, so this is...annoying lol.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Master
Yes!!
It actually happened while awake tho, I was on an island, marginally inhabited off the coast of Honduras, on a day hike. I pushed through some bushes and into a wild garden, full of bandanna, papaya trees, Mango's, yucca and coffee plants and so on, everything was sun kissed and twinkled, suddenly my brain switched from deep appreciation and gratitude and all the answers to every question I'd every had poured into my head along with how the Universe worked, my reason for being here, all Consciousness purpose and tons more stuff - all at once and in three seconds - a billion giga byte download instantly.
Then it was over. I had zero recall of what all just got answered - just that it had happened, for 3 seconds I'd known Everything!
It's still in there, am working now on accessing those files. lol
Old 11-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_1
Last night, in my dreams, I know that I had extensive interaction with one or more of my guides. I remember learning SO much, and I remember vaguely waking for a few moments and realizing how much I'd just learned... and then promptly falling asleep again.

I woke up this morning and can't remember a thing of what I learned except that "light" was involved, and I am certain I met w/ my guides & learned so much.

I have that happen to me too inky. I'll even be in class room settings in the astral and totally forget what I learned. All the information is still there though likely buried in the subconscious. I imagine with a little meditation or even hypnosis the information could be pulled to the surface. It's funny though I find at times I'll know things of a spiritual nature without knowing much about the subject at hand. That might be a product of those lessons and experiences I can't remember?
Old 12-07-2013, 06:32 PM
inky_1

I guess there may be multiple forms of knowing :)

knowing in my head...and knowing in my heart so to speak. The knowledge I gained may influence me in ways not detected or remembered by my brain...
Old 12-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Carwen*Angel

It has definitely happened to me on more than one occasion. In one dream particularly I read a very profound prediction re 2012 and earth shifts / changes - even in the dream I was re-reading and trying to internalise it - only to forget it all (consciously anyway) when I woke up.

I once read about a method of recording dreams which recommends you try to recall the dream in "sections" from the last scene, backwards. Doing it that way has helped me to recall complex symbolic dreams before.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Spirit Wanderer

Quote:

Since you mentioned waking up and then falling asleep again I'll throw this out because I used to do that same exact thing and it was frusterating.

When I first started to communicate with my guide(s) on a regular basis and started to actually get responds back I would forget a lot of what I was taught because I'd forget my dreams as I awoke or the images I'd received during my meditations.

I was taught to keep a dream journal by my bed and just scribble down what I remember about the dream before I fall back to sleep and it seems to help a great deal for me anyways. I can tell my dream recall has improved quite a bit.

Keeping a journal in the nightstand by my bed at night has helped me - IF you remember your dream when you wake, write some things down before you fall back to sleep. If you don't remember anything upon waking up initially it doesn't help though.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Knower
Cat

Quote:
I guess there may be multiple forms of knowing :)

knowing in my head...and knowing in my heart so to speak. The knowledge I gained may influence me in ways not detected or remembered by my brain...

Exactly - it's happened to me too, also waking up slightly and falling back to sleep after getting answers, wisdom and knowledge. At first I felt disappointed for not being able to remember, but later accepted and realised that what I learnt will influence my life and growth in the ways it's meant to - very possibly my waking mind is not ready or even able to cope with the full knowing. There's a reason that we are as souls sent to earth, placed in human bodies and made to forget our true nature - so we can experience, explore, play and learn and enjoy the experience and joy of finding out new things and remembering all the answers...
Old 17-07-2013, 10:23 PM
AmandaLynn

This happens to me. I will wake up feeling so enlightened and I can't remember anything, but I KNOW I've learned so much. It's weird. I keep a book next to my bed so if I do wake up in the middle of the night, I can write down what I remember from my dreams/meditations.