Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-05-2014, 03:13 AM
yumi14

the movie The Matrix-does this kinda show how AP works?

I'm in the middle of this movie and it has me blown away on numerous levels, but I would like to focus on the AP aspect of this. Does this movie sort of demonstrate how AP works?

With them laying back on their seats and their minds are completely in a different place.

How does this work with their bodies being in a different place, too?

Also, some of them die while in this state of travel and their bodies back in their seats also die. How accurate is this scenario? If we die while APing, would our natural bodies die along with it , too?

Thanks for any insight. It is all very interesting.

The matrix concept....that's a whole other topic, lol.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Master

It is just a movie and it is not meant to be taken literally. A lot of it is exaggerated and not true. It is made for entertainment to get people to watch the movie.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
I'm in the middle of this movie and it has me blown away on numerous levels, but I would like to focus on the AP aspect of this. Does this movie sort of demonstrate how AP works?

With them laying back on their seats and their minds are completely in a different place.

How does this work with their bodies being in a different place, too?

Also, some of them die while in this state of travel and their bodies back in their seats also die. How accurate is this scenario? If we die while APing, would our natural bodies die along with it , too?

Thanks for any insight. It is all very interesting.

The matrix concept....that's a whole other topic, lol.
There are definitely some common themes shared between the movie The Matrix and astral projection. But there are also some pretty large differences as well in my experience. One of them is the fact that when you astral project yes you're astral projecting into another world, another dimension, another place. But you're not necessarily projecting into one of those where YOU live. What I mean is that while we're certainly in the state of mind in a projection regarding who we are and we act how we act normally as we would in the physical dimension. That is not how you're perceived or who you really are when it comes down to the reality of the situation. The bodies we can and do experience through astral projection have other extensions of us living in them when we're not dreaming or projecting. And so unless we do something to make it obvious to the people who know that other extension they will think we are them. We look like them and basically experience THEIR life. In The Matrix it was all technically OUR life and in a way astral projection is OUR life because they are a part of US, but it is definitely more THEIR life we experience in a lot of instances. Also if you could die during astral projection I would of died a long time ago. I have had anything and everything imaginable happen to me during astral projection and have never died. I have drowned (even though it's not possible since you can breathe underwater), I have been burnt, I have had axes, swords, spears, etc. plunged into my chest, and the list goes on. If your physical body died while you were astral projecting that's one thing, but nothing you do in the astral is going to kill your physical body.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:16 AM
yumi14

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
It is just a movie and it is not meant to be taken literally. A lot of it is exaggerated and not true. It is made for entertainment to get people to watch the movie.

Lol, of course I realize its just a movie. However, what they showed kind of reminded me of what AP could be like. It was just a curious question. I have not mastered AP , lucid dreaming I can do, but full on AP I have not quite been able to yet. Perhaps its fear, I'm not sure. When I hear horror stories of bad things happening during AP it makes me apprehensive to explore further, although it also seems quite interesting as well.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Master

It is one of my faults. I take things literally. I have always had good ap experiences and I ap a lot. Occasionally I lucid dream. You will do yourself a favour if you do not read bad things about ap. Ap is wonderful. I love it. I look forward for the mornings so I can ap. I see great things.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Pathfinder

I agree with avoiding negativity regarding AP and everything else. The message I received from my guide was, "Don't make it scary. " I haven't seen the Matrix movies, so I can't comment on that.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:26 PM
yumi14

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
It is one of my faults. I take things literally. I have always had good ap experiences and I ap a lot. Occasionally I lucid dream. You will do yourself a favour if you do not read bad things about ap. Ap is wonderful. I love it. I look forward for the mornings so I can ap. I see great things.

Awww, its OK...no worries. I wasn't offended. I saw your point, yet I still had the questions regarding my observations from the movie and general curiosity. AP sounds very intriguing. Scary, but intriguing. :)
Old 07-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Awww, its OK...no worries. I wasn't offended. I saw your point, yet I still had the questions regarding my observations from the movie and general curiosity. AP sounds very intriguing. Scary, but intriguing. :)
It's really not as scary as it sounds. Yes you can have experiences you'd rather not and dealings with beings you probably would rather avoid but let's be candid for a minute... People have horrible experiences in their every day physical life on a regular basis and that doesn't stop them from leaving their house and going to work or going shopping or out for the night does it? Just like in the physical dimension and world you can randomly run into good and bad, positive and negative people it is exactly the same in many of the dimensions people experience through dreaming and astral projection. Some dimensions have more negative-beings than positive, some have more positive-beings than negative, and others have a somewhat even mixture of everything. If you project into the lighter-realms you are much less likely to have a run in with a negative-being but even in parts of the light-realms there are some beings that some might consider negative, some troubled-beings. And in the darker-realms you can certainly have run-ins and meetings with what would be considered friendly positive-beings as well.

If the possibility of having a negative experience stopped people from living their lives then no one would do anything other than sit in their home all day every day, and since that isn't how people live their life in the physical dimension I see no reason why people should approach astral projection any differently. The best thing someone can do when it comes to astral projection is learn everything possible about what it is they fear. Fear is almost always compounded by the unknown and usually once someone learns about what it is they fear the reality of the situation is much softer than they once built it up to be. Unfortunately many fail to come to this same conclusion because it's a difficult process but that is what makes it so important... Coming to grips with, addressing, and eventually mastering one's fear is a crucial step in not only astral projection but in spiritual evolution in general. A person is not able to truly understand these worlds and dimensions, explore them in their totality, or fully embrace the light until they have a fearless heart and mind, came to grips with the reality that darkness exists in everything including us, and mastered their darkness. That certainly doesn't mean a person has to embrace darkness, work with and befriend dark-beings, or anything of the such. The point is that unless we accept that darkness exists with in all of us we will never be able to recognize it in our minds, hearts, and souls which means we won't be able to master it and transmute it into light.

Someone who skips those steps will be missing out on crucial lessons and eventually will likely hit a road-block until they deal with and master those lessons accordingly. Someone who has learned about their fears, accepted them, mastered them, and mastered their own darkness will always shine brighter than those who have not. Because once again darkness transmuted is light in its purest form and even most of the beings that we consider Gods, Ascended Masters, etc. all had to face darkness in order to master and transmute it. Jesus faced dark figures many times as did nearly every Saint, Thoth wrote about dozens of his projections in which he had run-ins with Dark Lords (leaders of darkness) and even said that for our light to truly shine we must first face and master darkness. Thoth's entire goal was to teach us Humans about light and teach men and women how to become Gods. Unfortunately a lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea of darkness existing and facing their fears... Their fear and discomfort blinds them from the complete reality of these worlds and the opportunity for massive growth and evolution. But if spiritual evolution was meant to always be a comfortable and easy process then we would all be Ascended Masters and Gods by now. It's the most difficult, uncomfortable, and unsettling experiences that usually yield the largest lessons and opportunity for growth.

I have noticed that a lot of people have essentially created a spiritual comfort zone that they refuse to leave in which case they typically become stuck in the same level of progression until their views, beliefs, and/or ability to accept and face their fears change. One way or another nearly every one of us will have to accept and face our fears so in my opinion it's better to get it done sooner than later, that way some months or years down the road you don't hit a road-block and waste time until you're able to be strong and brave. Astral projection is not really as dangerous as some people make it out to be... But everything including astral projection is always more dangerous if you're not educated about it and so learning about both sides of positive and negative, light and dark is always a good thing. Regardless of the fact that people who are stuck in their spiritual comfort zone and unable/unwilling to accept and face their fears seem to believe that it is "bad" or that it will magically and automatically make you have "negative" or "bad" experiences. People don't get struck by lightning because they studied what lightning is and people don't win the lottery because they read about the history of it either. Just like things happen in this world and dimension it is similar in the worlds and dimensions we experience through astral projection and dreaming. And so the more you know about what it is you could eventually experience the better prepared you will be and the easier it will be for you to embrace your experiences as a learning lesson instead of some horrible thing that you should always avoid and never talk about.

Last edited by Astral Explorer : 07-05-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Master

The creators, The Wachowski's, apparently studied the knowledge available to us today, both from ancient teachings, and modern Science, to create the illustration of "The Matrix", 1999.

Significant to who we really are, and what the world really is, you may find this web page of interest, involving true identity and situation, pertaining to yourself.
-What the material world is, also.

http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they

"For in the resurrection they (us) neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven"- Jesus

"Traditional Western religion might have you believe that this passage means that some of us will be only similar to the angels, but thats not what we see Jesus revealing.
Jesus seems to clarifying that we ARE the angels (other translations, especially of Luke 20:36, use the words equal to the angels) who have lost our first estate, meaning, while earthbound, we do not know who we really are."

"You've been living in a dream world, Neo"
"A prison for your mind..."
The Matrix, 1999

Information on the movie...

"Some personal information can be seen on Thomas Anderson's "criminal record" that Agent Smith glances at when he interrogates Neo: ...Neo's place of birth is "Lower Downtown, Capitol City" ...Seconds later a photocopy of his passport can be seen. There the place of his birth is CAPITAL CITY USA, his date of birth is the 13th of September 1971,
the passport was issued on the 12th of September 1991 and will expire on
the 11th of September 2001." (9/11)
(Yet, the movie was released two years prior, in 1999)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/trivia

Also in 1999, were released the movies, "Existenze", and "The 13th Floor".
As well, a book, "The End of Time" by physicist Julian Barbour.

http://www.platonia.com

"The End of Time, which is written for both the general reader and scientists. In it I argue that time is ultimately an illusion."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Pathfinder

We live in the Matrix and more and more humans are awaking and seeking that the world we live in is not what it seems.