Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Ascender

There is no right way. You can even pray without words, as long as it's genuine and heartfelt. Reciting some passage from something without conviction will not suffice.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Master
Do you ever pray in the bathroom? Sounds irreverent, but I pray in the tub and elsewhere.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Ascender

But yes I have prayed in the bathroom before lol. Usually on the toilet as for some reason I think of random cool things when I'm on it. I usually come out running and am like: "I just figured out...!"
Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Master
Yeah, you guessed my 2nd spot in the bathroom, you are so funny! Just remember to not trip over your pants. I wonder if other mad geniuses have come up with answers and great ideas on the john. hmmm.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Master
Matthew 6:6
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 AM
nightowl

Ask yourself what is prayer? Whatever elements you think are included in what you think prayer is, include it when you pray and pray from sincerity of heart. Then the correct way for you to pray has been revealed because it comes from your being not from the being of another.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Master
I must've done it right once or twice. I met a friend who writes and sings songs for me.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Yeah, you guessed my 2nd spot in the bathroom, you are so funny! Just remember to not trip over your pants. I wonder if other mad geniuses have come up with answers and great ideas on the john. hmmm.

Don't worry I make sure to pull up my pants and wash my hands before I go running out lol. Oh and they probably have, I mean what else are you supposed to do when you're on it?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
I've read a few comments that talk about praying. You are supposed to pray like you believe you already have what it is you are praying for. And you ask God for what you want when your pray.

So, how do YOU pray? What works for you?

zipzip

Instead of saying 'please God give me strength' I say 'Thank you God for giving me the strength to face the challenges of today'. Knowing that the strength is already inside me makes the difference. I might say something like 'Thank you for my new car' instead of 'please send me a new car'.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Instead of saying 'please God give me strength' I say 'Thank you God for giving me the strength to face the challenges of today'. Knowing that the strength is already inside me makes the difference. I might say something like 'Thank you for my new car' instead of 'please send me a new car'.

I like that 'method' although in times of high anxiety, it's easy to forget.