Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
So Teal Swan talked about positive thinking being spirituality 1.0 and spirituality 2.0 is stripping i away for balance which i undertand. Anyhow ive noticed stopping to use my affirmations etc. messed up my life. Do you "advanced" people use vision board and positive thinking tools?
Thanks, hope for help, m life is kind of dark now, in nov and december it was crazy smiling. I know it goes up and down, but dosnt use to be like this, maybe its the dark night of the soul?

First let me mention that we are not 'advanced' people; we are all having our individual experiences and learning just like you so never think anyone is more advanced than you are.

I've watched a lot of Teal's videos and really liked them. If you find that stopping the affirmations messed up your life you may ask yourself how your life is messed up and how you'd prefer it to be. Normally in that type of situation you may want to return to balance. Do whatever you feel can bring that balance back whether it be making affirmations or doing something different that brings back the pleasant feelings of peace and calm that you experienced before. Normally, it is not one thing that will always keep you centered or balanced. Even then, you may experience ups and downs. During the 'ups' you are in an expansive state when you feel fulfilled and enjoy that state. During the 'downs' you go into contraction and doubt yourself; this is when you ask yourself what you need to do more to regain the expansive state. This reflects the state of the universe - nothing is constant since everything is evolving all the time.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Ascender

Quote:
So Teal Swan talked about positive thinking being spirituality 1.0 and spirituality 2.0 is stripping i away for balance which i undertand. Anyhow ive noticed stopping to use my affirmations etc. messed up my life. Do you "advanced" people use vision board and positive thinking tools?
Thanks, hope for help, m life is kind of dark now, in nov and december it was crazy smiling. I know it goes up and down, but dosnt use to be like this, maybe its the dark night of the soul?

I listened to Teal a lot when I first started my healing and she taught me a lot about emotions and energy and EVERYTHING!....but she does focus a ALOT! on connecting to your darker side....this is important if you have a large hidden dark side (like teal has because of her past).

Not all of us need to connect to our dark side because it is not large and hidden and it doesn't always need to be given attention and energy....your positive affirmations and outlook will heal it with looking too closely at it so i would suggest getting back to your affirmations and give Teal a miss for a little while untill you feel better....There is lots of help and information here
Old 05-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Lorelyen

Oops..........
Old 05-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I listened to Teal a lot when I first started my healing and she taught me a lot about emotions and energy and EVERYTHING!....but she does focus a ALOT! on connecting to your darker side....this is important if you have a large hidden dark side (like teal has because of her past).

Not all of us need to connect to our dark side because it is not large and hidden and it doesn't always need to be given attention and energy....your positive affirmations and outlook will heal it with looking too closely at it so i would suggest getting back to your affirmations and give Teal a miss for a little while untill you feel better....There is lots of help and information here
I believe one has to learn as much as one can from one's dark side bringing what can be brought into the light. It's delusion to claim one knows oneself without these explorations, discomforting as they may sometimes be.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Master
Hello,

Going with some thoughts this discussion brings.

Looking at the lotus plant, what does it grow in?
It grows in muck and from the muck rises the plant the gives bloom to the flower.

What are roses planted in? Compose and manure. From the rot and waste nutrients are given to give life to the plant that give rise to the flowers.

Using these analogies to illustrate that beauty can rise from the muck. It takes nurturing the self and giving care. To take from the muck and/or hardships life may have and infuse them and transform them to be used to give bloom to ones own beauty and strength.

Sometimes it may take for conditions to be right. When they are change, growth, and even transformation can take place.

It seems at times can get so enamoured by the flower/beauty/success that what it took for that to arise gets overlooked.

With out the shadows what is there to blend with the light to give reflection of what one has lived? What would bring awareness to that which has potential to bloom with in one?

I think at times to give one credit for what he/she has live through and to find trust in ones own strengths.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I believe one has to learn as much as one can from one's dark side bringing what can be brought into the light. It's delusion to claim one knows oneself without these explorations, discomforting as they may sometimes be.

yes I agree,but a problem that can arise is that you get stuck in that dark side like august2803 is now.....then it is time to focus on your light again and give yourself a break or a reward.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Going with some thoughts this discussion brings.

Looking at the lotus plant, what does it grow in?
It grows in muck and from the muck rises the plant the gives bloom to the flower.

What are roses planted in? Compose and manure. From the rot and waste nutrients are given to give life to the plant that give rise to the flowers.

Using these analogies to illustrate that beauty can rise from the muck. It takes nurturing the self and giving care. To take from the muck and/or hardships life may have and infuse them and transform them to be used to give bloom to ones own beauty and strength.

Sometimes it may take for conditions to be right. When they are change, growth, and even transformation can take place.

It seems at times can get so enamoured by the flower/beauty/success that what it took for that to arise gets overlooked.

With out the shadows what is there to blend with the light to give reflection of what one has lived? What would bring awareness to that which has potential to bloom with in one?

I think at times to give one credit for what he/she has live through and to find trust in ones own strengths.

I like the analogy of the lotus but it brings another though to my mind.
The lotus does not go back into the muck when it is blooming.
When it blooms it soaks in the light.
so when you are blooming do not consciously go back into the muck,you may fall back in but do not decide to go in.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
yes I agree,but a problem that can arise is that you get stuck in that dark side like august2803 is now.....then it is time to focus on your light again and give yourself a break or a reward.

As long as one realises that their dark side is going nowhere until dealt with.
You're right. One needs various meditation techniques to dispel what one
discovers and a means to replace it, plus some kind of protection - or one might get stuck.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Color

Quote:
Hey! I'm 23, and it seemed like she said stop positive thinking and melt into all feelings.
Do you feel good so and say all the time or do you feel as much pain as pleasure?
I'm wondering if your default state feels nice and peaceful or if it doesnt feel like anything. Thanks Snowgoose!
Now?
Now, I see my feelings are my choice!
I used to think our moods and feelings were because of circumstances...
or the old, "I woke up on the wrong side of the bed."
Nonsense.

if you have a dark side...look at it, bunch it in the nose, pivot and walk away.
Yes, our default state is that of a laughing baby.

No, I don't feel pain much at ALL...now. And I know what hell is!
I have had 6 things that have happened in the last week that would have crushed many people... a freshly
skunked dog walking thru the house at 5 am wasn't even the worse to give you an idea, ah Spring ...it amazes even me...
not one thing effected my happiness and sense of humor!

This state doesn't happen over night ...but, lemme tellya it did not
happen by focusing very long on the 'bad stuff' or dark, depressing, bummer or blaming stuff.

Being in a dark place, for me, would mean I was looking too much 'at me'.

First thing? And does Teal say this, I dunno.
Do something for someone else to take your focus OFF yourself.
That is the easiest, quickest way to get out of the pit...doesn't take any skill or PhD.

Don't know anyone? Tack bill$ to bus benches....in laundromats...
parks where the homeless hang out....pick up trash....there are 50 things you can do....do that for 2 full days...see what happens.

And feed your brain so it will be happy...good water, no alcohol or pot,
healthy fats....fruits, vegetables.

You can turn your self around in 3 days or 1 minute.
Sound unrealistic? If it does, it always will be.
The power of hope and faith and belief are the most powerful things in the Universe...in fact, they created the Universe.
There is a war going on between the ears...you must be a warrior, my
young new friend .
How to be a warrior?...be attentive to the tricks of the egoic mind, first...and bring them into the light...
you must know the enemy to defeat it...'You' are not your thoughts...and our thoughts and,thus, nutty beliefs, are creating our unpleasant , unwanted emotions.
We are here to learn our power.

barrynu

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:

Where your focus goes will open where you are not noticing or may be calling you to notice for whatever reason, especially if your process is wanting you to understand deeper the nature of your own shadow aspects... This is the nature of balance in self moving itself to own what is within. So affirmations will do this, especially the I am ones where you are asserting what you already are..Naturally the body will give rise to what you are not to notice and move beyond it back to the alignment of your affirmation. When you go down, down, the down is moving you to become more aware of what you need and can do for yourself in all that. When you implant a positive seed, that which doesn't align will arise to reveal itself. You can address that anyway you want. Recognition and release can work in a many ways. How you choose to do that is your call. Sometimes the shadow aspects will immerse us deeper into them, for reason. Moving out and beyond that space, is about your own process. So the key is listen to yourself and what you need in this space and move yourself in the direction of balance..Dark night of the souls hit us often when we are releasing the core aspects of our conditioning. So they often immerse us deeper so we learn how to undo them our own way, in our own time and process. As difficult as it is being here, I recall how being there I "turned away" from everything I would normally do to help myself, because I felt like it was amplifying everything. In fact noticing all that was part of the process and slowing things down to move in another way.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder